Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Re: ***Official 2019 Minor League Action Thread*

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

I thought I'd make this, even though the season is two months away. I am looking forward to seeing how Lewis does with a full season in FM and Kirilloff in Chattanooga. How will Graterol do another year removed from TJ surgery? Will Gordon turn the corner after a rough first year in Rochester? How will the guys like Duran, Celestino and Maciel do in their first full season in the Twins system? How will Javier do after missing the entire 2018 season?

What are you looking forward to in the all the 2019 minor league seasons?
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Re: ***Official 2019 Minor League Action Thread*

Post by Ask Not »

How's your new adventure going, Rock Me?

I want to see Rooker and Kiriloff rake. I'm hoping Romero takes the next and last step into a solid Major Leauger.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Style

Post by Style »

One of the best threads in froob chat. Always appreciate your work here.

I'm most looking forward to seeing the progression of the bats. Lots of potential in the system with Lewis, Kiriloff, Rooker, Larnach, Gordon, Javier, etc. etc. Can those guys continue to progress?

I like that this regime seems to focus on bats > pitching in early rounds of the draft.
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Twins To Sign Wilin Rosario
Rock Me Abbrederis

Ask Not wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm How's your new adventure going, Rock Me?

I want to see Rooker and Kiriloff rake. I'm hoping Romero takes the next and last step into a solid Major Leauger.
It's going well, covering tennis down here and will be the secondary contact for baseball or softball. I was able to somehow get a B in that Stats class haha.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Style wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm One of the best threads in froob chat. Always appreciate your work here.

I'm most looking forward to seeing the progression of the bats. Lots of potential in the system with Lewis, Kiriloff, Rooker, Larnach, Gordon, Javier, etc. etc. Can those guys continue to progress?

I like that this regime seems to focus on bats > pitching in early rounds of the draft.
Thank you, sir. I completely agree with bats over pitchers, especially HS bats. I am not sure the statistics on it, but I would guess HS pitchers bust far more than HS hitters. I like the Cubs approach by drafting batters early and then pay for pitching, considering so many things can happen to pitchers (i.e. TJ)
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Plus a decent pick slot in the draft(13th)

Almost a lock to go pitcher.
Although if Jung or Hinds(3B) is there it would be tempting.

R2 has a bunch of big bodied 1st basemen.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

mglviks wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:53 am Plus a decent pick slot in the draft(13th)

Almost a lock to go pitcher.
Although if Jung or Hinds(3B) is there it would be tempting.

R2 has a bunch of big bodied 1st basemen.
Agreed, I don't think Hinds will be there at 13 but if somehow he is it will be hard to pass him up. The guy has some crazy raw power and already throws 98 from 3rd base.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Style wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:58 pm One of the best threads in froob chat. Always appreciate your work here.

I really want to see if Larnach can catch up to Lewis and Kirilloff by seasons end. Hopefully they all end up in Chattanooga AA together. Kirilloff and Larnach is a very promising corner OF duo that should reach the show around the same time.

Can Graterol and Alcala be more than guys that can touch 100 mph? Can they develop into starters or are they destined to the bullpen?

Enlow, Duran, and Balazovic are all around the same age and have good projectable stuff. They all had some success in Cedar Rapids last year, it will be interesting to watch them climb the ranks.

Hopefully our 2 lefties Thorpe and Gonsalves can contribute to the big league club this year.

I hope Gordon can turn things around but am not holding my breath, Arraez is right behind him in development at 2nd base. I'm wondering if he gets traded this year or next offseason.
Style

Post by Style »

mlb.com ranked the Twins farm system #8 in all of baseball.

Here's how they rank our players:
1. Lewis
2. Kirilloff
3. Graterol
4. Javier
5. Larnach
6. Rooker
7. Duran
8. Thorpe
9. Enlow
10. Gordon

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2019?list=min
“Juiceless = useless” - Pat Fitzgerald
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Gordon slipping?
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

ForCaleb wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm Gordon slipping?
Did you not follow him last year? Or are you being sarcastic?

He was absolutely dreadful in AAA last year.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Car Ramrod wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:19 pm
Did you not follow him last year? Or are you being sarcastic?

He was absolutely dreadful in AAA last year.
I barely followed the big team last year.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:37 pm I thought I'd make this, even though the season is two months away. I am looking forward to seeing how Lewis does with a full season in FM and Kirilloff in Chattanooga. How will Graterol do another year removed from TJ surgery? Will Gordon turn the corner after a rough first year in Rochester? How will the guys like Duran, Celestino and Maciel do in their first full season in the Twins system? How will Javier do after missing the entire 2018 season?

Just want to make sure I chime in like every year how much I appreciate your attention to the system.

You are the man. It's super cool to see some dude called up no one knows and I actually know who he is. Well, you do and I'm taking your word. Twins fan appreciation!
Rock Me Abbrederis

Thrillkill wrote: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:12 pm
Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:37 pm I thought I'd make this, even though the season is two months away. I am looking forward to seeing how Lewis does with a full season in FM and Kirilloff in Chattanooga. How will Graterol do another year removed from TJ surgery? Will Gordon turn the corner after a rough first year in Rochester? How will the guys like Duran, Celestino and Maciel do in their first full season in the Twins system? How will Javier do after missing the entire 2018 season?

Just want to make sure I chime in like every year how much I appreciate your attention to the system.

You are the man. It's super cool to see some dude called up no one knows and I actually know who he is. Well, you do and I'm taking your word. Twins fan appreciation!

Thanks a lot, man! Season starts Thursday for Rochester, Pensacola, Fort Myers and Cedar Rapids. I am pretty pumped!
Rock Me Abbrederis

Fort Myers roster:

PITCHERS (13+3 IL): Melvi Acosta, Charlie Barnes*, Edwar Colina* (IL), Randy Dobnak, Jhoan Duran, Calvin Faucher*, Tom Hackimer*, Hector Lujan*, Bailey Ober, Alex Phillips*, Johan Quezada, Alex Robinson* (IL), Bryan Sammons*, Anthony Vizcaya, Tyler Watson*, Lachlan Wells (IL)

CATCHERS (2): Ryan Jeffers, Ben Rortvedt*

INFIELDERS (6): Travis Blankenhorn*, Ryan Costello*, Lewin Diaz*, Michael Helman, Royce Lewis*, Jose Miranda*

OUTFIELDERS (4): Akil Baddoo, Mark Contreras*, Trevor Larnach, Aaron Whitefield*

Kernels roster: http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t492

It includes pitchers Blayne Enlow and Jordan Balazovic, second baseman Yunior Severino, outfielders Gilberto Celestino, Gabriel Maciel, Jacob Pearson, and soon to be Wander Javier (he'll start in EST)

Pensacola roster: http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t4124

It includes Jorge Alcala, Brusdar Graterol, Tyler Wells, Tyler Jay, Luis Arraez, Ernie De La Trinidad, and Alex Kirilloff, but he will be out for a short period of time with a wrist injury

Rochester roster:

Starting Pitchers (5): Chase De Jong, Zack Littell, Justin Nicolino, Kohl Stewart, and Lewis Thorpe

Relief Pitchers (8): Austin Adams, Tyler Duffey, Ryan Eades, Preston Guilmet, Mike Morin, Jake Reed, Fernando Romero, and Andrew Vasquez.

Catchers (2): Wynston Sawyer and Tomás Telis

Infielders (5): Randy César, Adam Rosales, Wilin Rosario, Ronald Torreyes, and Jordany Valdespin

Outfielders (5): John Andreoli, Luke Raley, Brent Rooker, LaMonte Wade Jr, and Zander Wiel

Injured List (4): RHP DJ Baxendale (left ankle sprain), LHP Stephen Gonsalves (left elbow flexor/pronator strain), INF Nick Gordon (acute gastritis), and RHP Zack Weiss (left oblique strain)
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

There should be 2 sets of rankings. One for High A and below and one for AA and above. Remember when Tyler Jay and Kohl Stewart were top 3 prospects like Gordon? Kiriloff wasn't on anyone's top 100 rankings for MILB last year because he got hurt the year before.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Rock Me Abbrederis

Happy Opening Day!

Here are the Opening Day starters:

Rochester: Kohl Stewart
Pensacola: Jorge Alcala
Fort Myers: Bryan Sammons
Cedar Rapids: Blayne Enlow
salamander

Post by salamander »

i second this. I don't pay a ton of attention to the minors but these threads are awesome.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Rock Me Abbrederis

salamander wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:55 am

i second this. I don't pay a ton of attention to the minors but these threads are awesome.
Thank you, sir!
salamander

Post by salamander »

Rock Me Abbrederis wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:07 pm
salamander wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:55 am

Thank you, sir!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

The Ft. Meyers (High A) lineup is loaded. 6 of the Twins top 20 prospects.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Rochester (1-0) won 4-2 over Lehigh Valley
Ronald Torreyes (.250) went 1-4 with a HR (1)
LaMonte Wade (.750) went 3-4 with a SB (1)
Wilin Rosario (.400) went 2-5 with a HR (1)
Brent Rooker (.000) went 0-4 with three strikeouts
Randy Cesar (.333) went 1-3 with a HR (1) and two RBI (2)
Kohl Stewart (W, 1-0, 1.80 ERA) allowed two runs (one earned) on three hits in five innings, walking two and striking out eight
Ryan Eades (0.00 ERA) threw two perfect innings in relief, striking out four
Tyler Duffey (0.00 ERA) threw two perfect innings in relief, striking out four

Pensacola was rained out

Fort Myers (1-0) won 11-3 over Charlotte
Akil Baddoo (.400) went 2-5 with a HR (1)
Royce Lewis (.333) went 1-3 with two RBI (2)
Trevor Larnach (.250) went 1-4 with an RBI (1)
Jose Miranda (.000) went 0-2
Ryan Jeffers (.333) went 1-3 with two RBI (2)
Lewin Diaz (.800) went 4-5 with three RBI (3)
Ben Rortvedt (.500) went 2-4 with two RBI (2)
Bryan Sammons (ND, 0-0, 0.00 ERA) allowed one unearned run on seven hits in 4.1 innings, walking two and striking out five
Alex Phillips (0.00 ERA) threw two shutout innings in relief, allowing one hit and striking out four
Johan Quezada (0.00 ERA) threw one shutout inning in relief, allowing one hit and striking out one

Cedar Rapids (0-1) lost 10-2 to Peoria
Gilberto Celestino (.200) went 1-5
Yunior Severino (.500) went 2-4
Jacob Pearson (.000) went 0-4
Blayne Enlow (L, 0-1, 27.00 ERA) allowed six runs on seven hits in two innings, walking three and striking out one
Austin Schulfer (0.00 ERA) threw threw shutout innings, allowing two hits and two walks, striking out five
Carlos Suniaga (0.00 ERA) threw 2.1 shutout innings in relief, allowing two hits and striking out three
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Love these threads always, Abbrederis
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Heard some dude on KFAN (Lavelle maybe?) talking about how Kirilloff has such a rare natural swing that only few have. Said Morneau and Mauer are the only other 2 in recent memory that had the natural bat talent that Alex does (said Alex swing is more like Justin's).

Kirilloff and Royce are the new Buxton and Sano. Hopefully the rewards will be more fruitful with these two new guys. It does seem the Twins may have learned their lesson a bit, as it doesnt seem Alex and Royce are being pounded down our throats as much as Bryce and Miggy were.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Starting pitchers today

Rochester: Chase DeJong
Pensacola: Jorge Alcala, Brusdar Graterol
Fort Myers: Jhoan Duran
Cedar Rapids: Jordan Balazovic
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Nice start by Kohl. I'd like to see him put it together and make me wrong for writing him off.
Rock Me Abbrederis

Rochester was postponed

Pensacola (1-0) swept the doubleheader against Mobile, winning 7-0 and 4-3
Jordan Gore (.286) went 2-7 with an RBI (1)
Luis Arraez (.571) went 4-7
Taylor Grzelakowski (.286) went 2-7 with four RBI (4)
Jimmy Kerrigan (.200) went 1-5 with a HR (1) and two RBI (2)
Jorge Alcala (W, 1-0, 0.00 ERA) threw five shutout innings, allowing three hits and striking out six
Jovani Moran (0.00 ERA) threw two shutout innings in relief, allowing one hit and striking out one
Brusdar Graterol (ND, 0-0, 1.93 ERA) allowed one run on three hits in 4.2 innings, walking two and striking out six
Andro Curuta (0.00 ERA) threw 1.1 no-hit innings in relief, walking one and striking out one

Fort Myers (2-0) won 4-3 over Charlotte
Akil Baddoo (.250) went 0-3 with a SB (1)
Royce Lewis (.400) went 1-2 with two walks
Trevor Larnach (.286) went 1-3 with two RBI (3)
Travis Blankenhorn (.375) went 2-4
Jhoan Duran (ND, 0-0, 0.00 ERA) threw four no-hit innings, walking one and striking out four
Tom Hackimer (W, 1-0, 0.00 ERA) threw 1.1 no hit innings in relief for the win, walking one and striking out four

Cedar Rapids (1-1) won 10-4 over Peoria
DaShawn Keirsey (.250) went 2-4 with three RBI (3)
Yunior Severino (.600) went 1-1 with four walks
Ben Rodriguez (.375) went 3-5 with three RBI (3)
Trey Cabbage (.600) went 3-5 with a HR (1) and three RBI (3)
Jordan Balazovic (W, 1-0, 1.80 ERA) allowed one run on four hits in five innings, striking out nine

4-0 day :naners: :beer: :drinky: :clap:
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Great to see the 2 of the pitchers from last years trades (Alcala, Duran) pitch well. I believe both are upper 90's fastball pitchers. Not something were used to seeing here.
Rock Me Abbrederis

4-7

Rochester (1-2) was swept in a doubleheader by Lehigh Valley, 12-3 and 4-1
Brent Rooker (.143) went 1-3 with a HR (1) and two RBI (2)
Randy Cesar went 2-6 with a HR (2)
Wynston Sawyer (.667) went 2-3 with an RBI (1)
Lewis Thorpe (L, 0-1, 20.25 ERA) allowed nine runs on 10 hits in four innings, walking two and striking out four :no: :thumbsdown:
Mike Morin (0.00 ERA) threw one shutout inning in relief, allowing one hit
Fernando Romero (0.00 ERA) threw 1.2 shutout innings, walking two and striking out two

Pensacola (3-0) won 5-0 over Mobile
Brian Schales (.125) went 1-3 with two RBI (2)
Taylor Grzelakowski (,333) went 2-5
Jimmy Kerrigan (.333) went 2-4 with a HR (2)
Caleb Hamilton (.429) went 2-4
Devin Smeltzer (W, 1-0, 0.00 ERA) threw 5.2 shutout innings, allowing two hits and one walk, striking out nine
Adam Bray (0.00 ERA) threw 2.1 shutout innings in relief, allowing one hit
Ryan Mason (0.00 ERA) threw one shutout inning in relief, allowing two hits and striking out one

Fort Myers (2-1) lost 7-4 to Charlotte
Royce Lewis (.222) went 0-4
Trevor Larnach (.250) went 1-5 with an RBI (4)
Jose Miranda (.000) went 0-3
Ryan Jeffers (.100) went 0-4
Ben Rortvedt (.500) went 1-2 with two walks
Aaron Whitefield (.125) went 1-3 with a HR (1) and three RBI (3)

Cedar Rapids (1-2) lost 2-0 to Wisconsin
Yunior Severino (.444) went 1-4
Trey Cabbage (.556) went 2-4
Cole Sands (0-0, 0.00 ERA) threw five no-hit innings, walking one and striking out eight

Sundays starters
Rochester: Zack Littell (0-0, -.-- ERA)
Pensacola: Griffin Jax (0-0, -.-- ERA)
Fort Myers: Bailey Ober (0-0, -.-- ERA)
Cedar Rapids: Josh Winder (0-0, -.-- ERA)