Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

spring training thread

A place to discuss the MN Twins
salamander

Re: spring training thread

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pm Did you want them to sign Dozier, Santana or Morrison? I personally like Cruz, Gonzales and Schoop better. Are they legitimate contenders? No, but they have potential with this roster and the prospects they have in the minors. The true test for me will be once they become contenders, will they be aggressive enough. The reality is they will never be consistent contenders with their budget limitations. However, it's not impossible to hope they become the Kansas City Royals (2014-15) every once in a while.
Ultimately, yeah I agree on waiting for them to become contenders to sign people. But I'm at the point right now where I've been lied to by this ownership group so they could get a publically funded stadium that has garnered them millions if not billions. The Pohlads are liars and they are promise breaker. It's time for them to the #1 spending team in the league. We'll be in the playoffs.

I can't stand these owners. They're awful. They're terrible. They're among the worst owners in all of baseball. Everyone will talk about spending when we get good and then they won't and then people like you will admonish other fans because, "Wait until they're good to spend" and then that'll be 20 years later and they won't spend again when they're good. We've been there, done that for decade upon decade upon decade.

I'm done with that.

(No, I did not want them to sign Morrison. That had terrible written all over it from the get go. That's spending limp money of a dude who had one good year so that you don't have to spend decent money on a legit star player. Typical Pohlad move.)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

salamander wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 pm
The Replacements wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:23 pm Did you want them to sign Dozier, Santana or Morrison? I personally like Cruz, Gonzales and Schoop better. Are they legitimate contenders? No, but they have potential with this roster and the prospects they have in the minors. The true test for me will be once they become contenders, will they be aggressive enough. The reality is they will never be consistent contenders with their budget limitations. However, it's not impossible to hope they become the Kansas City Royals (2014-15) every once in a while.
Ultimately, yeah I agree on waiting for them to become contenders to sign people. But I'm at the point right now where I've been lied to by this ownership group so they could get a publically funded stadium that has garnered them millions if not billions. The Pohlads are liars and they are promise breaker. It's time for them to the #1 spending team in the league. We'll be in the playoffs.

I can't stand these owners. They're awful. They're terrible. They're among the worst owners in all of baseball. Everyone will talk about spending when we get good and then they won't and then people like you will admonish other fans because, "Wait until they're good to spend" and then that'll be 20 years later and they won't spend again when they're good. We've been there, done that for decade upon decade upon decade.

I'm done with that.

(No, I did not want them to sign Morrison. That had terrible written all over it from the get go. That's spending limp money of a dude who had one good year so that you don't have to spend decent money on a legit star player. Typical Pohlad move.)

In order for the Twins to win another championship, they will need a really strong front office to make up for the Pohlad's deficiencies. I am hopeful the Falvey/Levine combination is the right choice. I like them now for the simple reason, they are the opposite of Terry Ryan and his group.
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:42 pm
salamander wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:10 pm

I'm done with that.

In order for the Twins to win another championship, they will need a really strong front office to make up for the Pohlad's deficiencies. I am hopeful the Falvey/Levine combination is the right choice. I like them now for the simple reason, they are the opposite of Terry Ryan and his group.
You're making me feel better about this team. Thanks for that.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

weimy froob wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:21 pm
Man... That was some straight meat. 92 mph down the middle with no movement.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:55 pm
there's was the slightest of movement-right into the sweet spot of the bat.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:44 am
Interesting lineup. Did Gonzalez lead off for HOU?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Small Hands wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:55 pm
Yep, that one might as well be on a tee. Dude gave him a gift there.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

happy belated b-day johan!

Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:02 am happy belated b-day johan!

He was so fun to watch. Glad I was able to watch him live on several occasions. Most dominant Twins pitcher of all time.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

Small Hands wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:42 am

He was so fun to watch. Glad I was able to watch him live on several occasions. Most dominant Twins pitcher of all time.
i would just laugh everytime a batter was in an 0-2 hole. that changeup was coming, it was going to land almost in the dirt, and you were swinging at it no matter what. K.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Santana is a Mets HOFer. The Pohlads couldn't be bothered to pay for someone of his talents.
I mean, were at 57 million in team salary in 2008. How can anyone expect the Pohlads to pay more for players?

And the Pohlads wonder why they're losing fans.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

You can make a case for him being in the HOF. His peak numbers stack up with some of the greats.

7 WAR seasons:

Johan Santana - 4
Bob Gibson - 4
Sandy Koufax - 4
Bob Feller - 4
Eddie Plank - 3
Warren Spahn - 3
Carl Hubbell - 3
Nolan Ryan - 2
Steve Carlton - 2
John Smoltz - 1
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Bummer, rainout today. Was looking forward to watching them.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Cripes wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:22 pm Bummer, rainout today. Was looking forward to watching them.
i just linked up what looked like an interesting line up too. what are you gonna do?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

weimy froob wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:42 am
Yeah, that looks like a fun lineup to watch.... :roll:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:37 am
Looks like the Opening Day starters to me, unless Austin can overtake Cron.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I can't wait for these players to become good and then we have to get rid of them because they're too expensive and that's "stupid money" according to some people.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »