Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Joe Espada

A place to discuss the MN Twins
beetlebum71

Joe Espada

Post by beetlebum71 »

I think he is going to be the new manager of the Minnesota Twins in the next week or so. I am a big fan. His last two jobs? Yankees and Astros. He's learned from two of the better run organizations in the league. He also has some FO experience as recently as 2014, meaning that he will probably work well with our Two Headed Monster. He's analytically driven, he's got minor league managerial experience, and he's even sort of ONE OF US! He was selected by the Twins in the 1998 Rule 5 draft, but failed to make the team out of spring and was sent back to Oakland. He's 43 years old, so he's young, but not a baby.

The hope would be that we've got the Indians secrets in Falvey, so now let's get Houston's from Espada.

Go Red Sox. Win this thing tonight and then get the process moving!
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Joe Espada

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Ex-Twin you say?

:thinking:
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

No comment.....

OP cried about me responding to him ever.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm I think he is going to be the new manager of the Minnesota Twins in the next week or so. I am a big fan. His last two jobs? Yankees and Astros. He's learned from two of the better run organizations in the league. He also has some FO experience as recently as 2014, meaning that he will probably work well with our Two Headed Monster. He's analytically driven, he's got minor league managerial experience, and he's even sort of ONE OF US! He was selected by the Twins in the 1998 Rule 5 draft, but failed to make the team out of spring and was sent back to Oakland. He's 43 years old, so he's young, but not a baby.

The hope would be that we've got the Indians secrets in Falvey, so now let's get Houston's from Espada.

I would like this move. I can't see the Twins not hiring some "Aww Shucks" type though. Maybe these new guy's are finally ready to flush The Twins way down the can. :thumbsup:
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

New school (analytics) or old school, you gotta let your new front office have the chance to do it their way. This possible hire sounds like it would be right up the alley of this team, so I say go for it. Whatever way you feel, you gotta give the FO a chance to do it their way, otherwise, you are very close-minded.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:14 pm New school (analytics) or old school, you gotta let your new front office have the chance to do it their way. This possible hire sounds like it would be right up the alley of this team, so I say go for it. Whatever way you feel, you gotta give the FO a chance to do it their way, otherwise, you are very close-minded.
Some good ole fashion money ball Bubu

#ArchitectsOfTheBluePrint
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:32 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:14 pm New school (analytics) or old school, you gotta let your new front office have the chance to do it their way. This possible hire sounds like it would be right up the alley of this team, so I say go for it. Whatever way you feel, you gotta give the FO a chance to do it their way, otherwise, you are very close-minded.
Some good ole fashion money ball Bubu

#ArchitectsOfTheBluePrint
:thumbsup:

As a fan of a lower tier market, yep! Gotta go the analytics route.

Unfortunately, an edge there might be hard to find, as even the big spenders are going the analytics route now.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Is he related to Bombo Rivera?
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

on doogie's scoops segment last night he mentioned this candidate. Rays field coordinater Rocco Baldelli.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:57 am on doogie's scoops segment last night he mentioned this candidate. Rays field coordinater Rocco Baldelli.
Sounds like a hit man for Paul Manafort.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:31 pm I think he is going to be the new manager of the Minnesota Twins in the next week or so. I am a big fan. His last two jobs? Yankees and Astros. He's learned from two of the better run organizations in the league. He also has some FO experience as recently as 2014, meaning that he will probably work well with our Two Headed Monster. He's analytically driven, he's got minor league managerial experience, and he's even sort of ONE OF US! He was selected by the Twins in the 1998 Rule 5 draft, but failed to make the team out of spring and was sent back to Oakland. He's 43 years old, so he's young, but not a baby.

Interviewing in Toronto. The Twins will hire from within. Looks like the Twins BC Shelton is their front runner so far. It's what they do. Country club organization.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Small Hands wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:05 pm

Interviewing in Toronto. The Twins will hire from within. Looks like the Twins BC Shelton is their front runner so far. It's what they do. Country club organization.
To be fair, some things I've seen make it seem like Falvine picked Shelton specifically with this in mind. Interesting, if true. I don't know a ton about Shelton. I do know he's got Cleveland, Tampa Bay, and Toronto ties. He was a hitting coach in the league for a long time before being fired in Tampa in 2016. He's a former catcher, which is never a bad thing. He's claimed to have a player-centric approach and is supposed to be a good communicator. Who knows. His only managerial experience was in the minors about 20 years ago.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

MLB source: Rocco Baldelli, major league field coordinator for the Tampa Bay Rays, had a second interview for the Twins managerial position.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:00 pm Ex-Twin you say?

:thinking:
we cast a wide net
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Gleeman on the radio today said its down to three guys, unless there's something he hasn't heard yet. The three guys are two that have been brought up here in Shelton and Baldelli, I can't remember who the third guy was. Gleeman said he expects an announcement on Thursday, no earlier, as MLB asks teams to not make announcements on days WS games are scheduled.