Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Trade Rosario

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Re: Trade Rosario

Post by Mandatory »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.
You've got Rooker and Kirilloff knocking at the door. And if you need a guy for 2018, corner outfielders are about the easiest thing there is to find in free agency.

Get it done boys, now's the time.
The fuck is wrong with you?
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Mandatory wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:04 pm
Nancy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.
You've got Rooker and Kirilloff knocking at the door. And if you need a guy for 2018, corner outfielders are about the easiest thing there is to find in free agency.

Who's getting you more wins, Rosario or another Berrios, Archer, etc.?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Ask Not wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:13 pm
Mandatory wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:04 pm
Nancy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.

Who's getting you more wins, Rosario or another Berrios, Archer, etc.?
Idk.. I'm sorry, I'm just ornery because I haven't seen much of you this week.

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm Rosie stays. One of the few guys I’ll go to the ballpark and watch.
Damn right. Twin for life.
Exactly
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Nice bump, Jim. I crave front-line pitching and I AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!
Spoiler:
:lol: :beer:
Ketchup can be nuancy
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ask Not wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:33 pm Nice bump, Jim. I crave front-line pitching and I AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!
Spoiler:
I’m just a huge Eddie fan. Don’t want him going anywhere
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.

Delete your account.

#BaltimoreStrong
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Mandatory wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:55 pm

Delete your account.
Shouldn't he kill himself too?
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

feekdogg wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Delete your account.
In that order?
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Ask Not wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 7:31 pm
feekdogg wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 6:57 pm

Delete your account.
In that order?
Preferably
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Not a good idea to trade away good and young players :yes:
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Ask Not wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 1:33 pm Nice bump, Jim. I crave front-line pitching and I AIN'T GONNA CHANGE!
Spoiler:
Archer has been god awful this year. :lol:
Rock Me Abbrederis

Post by Rock Me Abbrederis »

ForCaleb wrote: Mon May 27, 2019 7:29 pm
Spoiler:
Archer has been god awful this year. :lol:
As a former Archer fantasy owner, I can confirm
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Bump.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Mandatory

Post by Mandatory »

You've done a commendable job taking this one on the chin. If more folks around here were capable of this it would be a much better place.

#BaltimoreStrong
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Clutch once again
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Regarding the intangibles, Rosario is everything Mauer and Dozier isn’t....and I like it.
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Bump. :|
Ketchup can be nuancy
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

Ask Not wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 amBump. :|
Doh!
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

minnemike wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:03 am
Ask Not wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:28 amBump. :|
Doh!
There might never be enough crow for this awful take.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

There's no way they would trade him in season but in the offseason if you can't agree to a deal and you have guys like Larnach and Kirilloff, why not?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am There's no way they would trade him in season but in the offseason if you can't agree to a deal and you have guys like Larnach and Kirilloff, why not?
one reason is that this guy has a knack for being clutch in late inning big situations. he's the type of player you want in the lineup if you're ever lucky enough to be in a WS-especially if your down a run or tied in the 8th inning or later of a game 6.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:03 am
HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:32 am There's no way they would trade him in season but in the offseason if you can't agree to a deal and you have guys like Larnach and Kirilloff, why not?
one reason is that this guy has a knack for being clutch in late inning big situations. he's the type of player you want in the lineup if you're ever lucky enough to be in a WS-especially if your down a run or tied in the 8th inning or later of a game 6.
Nice to have the clutch gene, for sure. But going forward, what do you pay him when you know you two of your top prospects are corner OFers?
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

HeHateMe wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:30 am
Nice to have the clutch gene, for sure. But going forward, what do you pay him when you know you two of your top prospects are corner OFers?
a problem for the FO. but kind of a reason why i'd go all in this year and see what happens. trade some of those prospects for some real legit pitching.
HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:32 am

a problem for the FO. but kind of a reason why i'd go all in this year and see what happens. trade some of those prospects for some real legit pitching.
That would be nice -- I still think I hold onto Larnach/Kirilloff. I think Lewis makes more sense to move for a stud pitcher given you have Polanco locked up.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I'm not opposed to trading players if the price is right but if we're trading Rosario it better be for something extremely good.
Like I'm talking Wander Franco or MacKenzie Gore plus a player we can use right now.

(No, those trades would never happen. I know that. I'm just sayin.)
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Sidewinder2k2

Post by Sidewinder2k2 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

salamander wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm I'm not opposed to trading players if the price is right but if we're trading Rosario it better be for something extremely good.
Like I'm talking Wander Franco or MacKenzie Gore plus a player we can use right now.

With the possible exception of getting a guy like Scherzer you don't move one of your best hitters in your lineup at the trade deadline to improve the team in another area. In the offseason it's a different story, but not mid-season with postseason aspirations.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:51 pm
salamander wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:55 pm I'm not opposed to trading players if the price is right but if we're trading Rosario it better be for something extremely good.

With the possible exception of getting a guy like Scherzer you don't move one of your best hitters in your lineup at the trade deadline to improve the team in another area. In the offseason it's a different story, but not mid-season with postseason aspirations.
Totally with you.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Ask Not

Post by Ask Not »

Fuck it. I'm back in the saddle.
I'm so tired of watching his unprofessional at bats, I'd be willing to part ways with a 30 homer, 100 RBI outfielder.
Of course it all depends on the return, but if he's the key piece in a deal for Syndegaard preferably, a #2 or some young stud I don't know, I'm just fine with it.

Hey Eddie- it's not a personal affront to see a pitch hit the catcher's mitt, FFS.
Ketchup can be nuancy