Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Trade Rosario

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Trade Rosario

Post by Ask Not »

I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.
You've got Rooker and Kirilloff knocking at the door. And if you need a guy for 2018, corner outfielders are about the easiest thing there is to find in free agency.

Get it done boys, now's the time.
Ketchup can be nuancy
DC4MVP

Re: Trade Rosario

Post by DC4MVP »

I just got into a Twitter debate on why we should trade Gibson at his peak.

I'm 100% down for trading him. He's hopefully turning a corner but he's had what? 1.5 good seasons and 1-2 mediocre seasons?

Rob Dahlen from TwinsTakes thinks the team is a free agency starter and a couple bullpen guys away from competing. I think he's sorely mistaken.

You have question marks at: 1B, 2B, SS (Polanco?), Sano's fat ass, Buxton's injured ass, no bat whatever so ever behind the plate, and a below-average bullpen ALL with a new manager.

How can anyone think this team is close to competing again?
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

corner OF are a dime a dozen. I would deal him but it's gotta be something really good obviously.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm I just got into a Twitter debate on why we should trade Gibson at his peak.

I'm 100% down for trading him. He's hopefully turning a corner but he's had what? 1.5 good seasons and 1-2 mediocre seasons?

Rob Dahlen from TwinsTakes thinks the team is a free agency starter and a couple bullpen guys away from competing. I think he's sorely mistaken.

You have question marks at: 1B, 2B, SS (Polanco?), Sano's fat ass, Buxton's injured ass, no bat whatever so ever behind the plate, and a below-average bullpen ALL with a new manager.

I mean, it’s completelt possible that if they add a frontline starter and 2-3 very good bullpen guys that they could challenge for the playoffs, and once you’re in, anything can happen.

I don’t think they become anyone’s preseason World Series favorite just based on those moves, but that doesn’t mean they couldn’t.

This isn’t as much of a tear down job as you’re making it out to be in my opinion.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.
You've got Rooker and Kirilloff knocking at the door. And if you need a guy for 2018, corner outfielders are about the easiest thing there is to find in free agency.

I'm gonna have to go with FU in the face with a red hot poker. We are the Twins. Never ever trade a good young player. EVER.

Come on dude. How many Berrios's have we had that at best turned into Radke's
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Rosie stays. One of the few guys I’ll go to the ballpark and watch.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm Rosie stays. One of the few guys I’ll go to the ballpark and watch.
Damn right. Twin for life.
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

If corner OFs are a dime a dozen, why would another team give the Twins anything significant for one?
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:27 pm I just got into a Twitter debate on why we should trade Gibson at his peak.

Garver had a decent year hitting wise. Defensively, he's just meh, although I would still take him over Castro.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Wouldnt be opposed to it, for the same reason I wasn't opposed to the Hicks/JRM trade, even though time has shown we lost that trade in a landslide. Much easier to find quality OF, than some other positions. Of course, you would need quite a haul for Rosario.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

bubu dubu. wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:29 pm Wouldnt be opposed to it, for the same reason I wasn't opposed to the Hicks/JRM trade, even though time has shown we lost that trade in a landslide. Much easier to find quality OF, than some other positions. Of course, you would need quite a haul for Rosario.
And that is exactly why a team like the Twins can not be trading Knowns for unknowns unless it's a salary FA dump/future deadline situation.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

So trade your best player.... And a young one....for a starting pitcher prospect (basically) , and prospects?

So people in 10 years can bitch about the trade?

Rooker and Kirilloff are "knocking at the door?"....Rosario already entered it.
Pitching is so unpredictable..
Rosario gives you 150 games...a starting pitcher 30.

But one poster said he would do it.....even though the other trade he supported failed miserably....and he's always right....so they probably should.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Rosario is a nice playa but agree that if you can make a good deal involving him you do it and don't think twice....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

I'm fine with trading him. Like Munker said, have to get back decent value though.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Thrillkill wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm Rosie stays. One of the few guys I’ll go to the ballpark and watch.
Damn right. Twin for life.
He was so much fun to watch hit 4 times during those 90 losses.
Ketchup can be nuancy
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Ask Not wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:46 pm I wanted to make him the centerpiece of a deal for Archer last year. After this season his value is even higher. Trade him now for soon-to-be Berrios.

You're talking a little bit out of both sides of your mouth, here. Rosario is an above-average, but not elite corner OF. Fair? If it's as easy as you say to find a fill-in at that spot, then what's the motivation for a team to give up valuable assets to get a guy like Eddie?

No player should be untouchable, but I think Eddie is more valuable on the field that he would be in a trade. StL traded Piscotty last year, and all they got is a couple of OK middle infield prospects. Eddie is better than Piscotty, and that trade was one of convenience as much as improvement, but how much more can you get for Eddie? Will it be worth it?
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

He's young and good. Why trade away young players who are good?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:27 pm He's young and good. Why trade away young players who are good?
Bubu said you should...
He's always right.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:05 pm
flexbuffchest wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:27 pm He's young and good. Why trade away young players who are good?
Bubu said you should...
He's always right.
The fucks your problem?

Always searching for drama cause you need the attention cause you don't get it in real life.

I said I wouldn't be opposed to it, and you would need a lot for him...

Go post more pictures of highschool girls to call them fat and ugly.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:13 pm
Bubu said you should...
He's always right.
The fucks your problem?

Always searching for drama cause you need the attention cause you don't get it in real life.

Ignore is an amazing thing....
(and continue lying)

(Here's a link to the thread you referenced......including your denial of editing your post, while it shows you did)

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... 95#p391265
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jakazz30 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:14 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Bubu said you should...
He's always right.
The fucks your problem?

Ignore is an amazing thing....
(and continue lying)

(Here's a link to the thread you referenced......including your denial of editing your post, while it shows you did)

http://forum.mnrubecentral.com/viewtopi ... 95#p391265
Where I said "those girls look really young"? What's your point?
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Is your point simply that I edited a post? I don't get it.

And I didn't deny editing a post, I asked which one I edited, cause I didn't remember editing one.

You live in your own little universe, it's very clear.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm Is your point simply that I edited a post? I don't get it.

And I didn't deny editing a post, I asked which one I edited, cause I didn't remember editing one.

Evidence is there...
Keep lying fraud
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jakazz30 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:10 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:57 pm Is your point simply that I edited a post? I don't get it.

Evidence is there...
Keep lying fraud
Evidence of what though?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Evidence is there...
Keep lying fraud
Evidence of what though?
Oh shut up....

I'm bored with you.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

jakazz30 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Evidence is there...
Keep lying fraud
Evidence of what though?
Oh shut up....

I'm bored with you.
You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:20 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Evidence of what though?
Oh shut up....

I'm bored with you.
You don't even know what you're talking about, do you?
Yea I do....
Why don't you put me on ignore?

Because I terrify your fragile ego...
I actually will say you are wrong....and you can't accept that someone would doubt your genius on every subject.

You have to see what I say.....because the thought that someone is actually questioning your opinion will gnaw at your soul...

Look it up buddy.....its you who tends to always have a response.

Fragile ego.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

You're clueless buddy.

Once again, if you want to post a topic where I claim I'm always right, go for it. I can post a couple of you doing that.

Also, you've made numerous claims you have me on block
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

:lol: :lol: i love how these threads de-rail and become personal attacks on each other......grown men :lol:
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

RALPH MALPH wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:34 pm :lol: :lol: i love how these threads de-rail and become personal attacks on each other......grown men :lol:
Fuck you, asshole!