Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Molitor fired

A place to discuss the MN Twins
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Molitor fired

Post by HeHateMe »

thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Corre Ricky Corre

Re: Molitor fired

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Wow, I actually didn't see that coming.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

I guess that 6 game ending winning streak couldn't save his ass. Have always been a Molly fan but with Levine coming in it was just a matter time he would get his own guy.
Last edited by Jimtown guy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Fucking bullshit. Well, Molly will get picked up by a club that isn't owned by Ebenezer and run by two fucktards
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
D_H

Post by D_H »

They should have fired the two guys responsible for putting this s*** roster together.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

See ya!!! A year too late imo.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think this is a blessing in disguise for molitor. hard to see this club doing anything for the foreseeable future unless sano and buxton turn things around dramatically. kick back and draw that salary and if a job offer comes with a club that contend than think about taking it.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_H wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:02 pm They should have fired the two guys responsible for putting this s*** roster together.
Terry Ryan is the main culprit. I will give these 2 a little more time.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 pm See ya!!! A year too late imo.
So you wanted him canned after being a wild card team and being MOY? :roll:
Last edited by Jimtown guy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Twins Chief Baseball Office Derek Falvey will meet with the media at 3 p.m. Tuesday.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Great move!
Mizuno Man
***Official Gibby Award Winner - February 2019***

Post by Mizuno Man »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:05 pm See ya!!! A year too late imo.
2017 Al Manager of the year...should have been fired last year? Welcome the Gaybe's preposterous tourney!!
Asknot to WNU
"Is there a place where we can talk about evolving and dissipating covid hot spots or does anything covid related have to go through your blockade of Covid re-education?"
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Mizuno Man wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:26 pm
2017 Al Manager of the year...should have been fired last year? Welcome the Gaybe's preposterous tourney!!
Let Common Man know about this one :lol:
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

Did not see this coming. Ask me in a couple of years if I like the move.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

I like Molitor. I think he did a good job of integrating new age tendencies into his old-school style. That said, tell me something he did well as a manager. I don't think he was particularly adept at handling his bullpen. He constantly had trouble trying to figure out when it was time to pull his starter. His lineup construction was weird, at best, most of the time. Maybe he managed the clubhouse well. We never really heard about much in the way of clashes among the players. I don't know about that.

For me, this move is defensible because of the dumb way the Twins played on the field. Stupid mistakes on defense. Stupid mistakes on the base paths. Poor at bats in big spots. For all of Mollie's ability to excel at the mental side of the game as a player, he was unable to transfer that ability to his players. They need to find someone who can come in here and not only continue with the analytic-driven methods Mollie was using towards the end of his run, but also instill in the young players on this team how important it is to not beat yourself. The Twins did way too much of that over the past 4 years.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Why all the crying for Molitor? He had one surprising half year, maybe 2.
He runs relievers into the ground a month at a time.
He doesn't strike me as a baseball teacher, nor does he seem to relate well to the young players.
He was never Falvine's guy, last year's run just delayed the inevitable.

I won't miss him.

Go get John Gibbons just canned by Toronto - loved by fans and the players.
Ketchup can be nuancy
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Horseshit. The two ass bandits in charge have done nearly everything wrong (save for fleecing the Yankees out of Austin).
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Never change Rube Chat.

If the Twins would have signed him to an extension, you same people would be complaining about that as well.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

As if a manager can make a difference with the Twins roster year in and year out...lol
full force five

Post by full force five »

Awful. What could Paul have done differently. The hitting line-up was garbage. They were 78-84, that alone was a miracle.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Disappointing
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

beetlebum71 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:41 pm I like Molitor. I think he did a good job of integrating new age tendencies into his old-school style. That said, tell me something he did well as a manager. I don't think he was particularly adept at handling his bullpen. He constantly had trouble trying to figure out when it was time to pull his starter. His lineup construction was weird, at best, most of the time. Maybe he managed the clubhouse well. We never really heard about much in the way of clashes among the players. I don't know about that.

For me, this move is defensible because of the dumb way the Twins played on the field. Stupid mistakes on defense. Stupid mistakes on the base paths. Poor at bats in big spots. For all of Mollie's ability to excel at the mental side of the game as a player, he was unable to transfer that ability to his players. They need to find someone who can come in here and not only continue with the analytic-driven methods Mollie was using towards the end of his run, but also instill in the young players on this team how important it is to not beat yourself. The Twins did way too much of that over the past 4 years.
These ^
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

You cant ome out of the All Star Break and get swept by the 104-loss Royals, when you're in contention.

That alone is a firable offense. Buxton and Sano suck. Thats on the manager, and staff.

C'mon you Minnesotans, look at it objectively.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:19 pm You cant ome out of the All Star Break and get swept by the 104-loss Royals, when you're in contention.

That alone is a firable offense. Buxton and Sano suck. Thats on the manager, and staff.

C'mon you Minnesotans, look at it objectively.
Correct.
That line up did not have to be that bad. You play every day and can get as many swings before or after as you want. You should be able to coax a few hits from more than Rosario and Escobar for the first 80 games. Putrid.
Ketchup can be nuancy
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

I don't fault the two in charge for wanting their own manager. I do think it's time to start questioning what Falvey/Levine have done for the franchise since they took over. They have a lot of money to play with this summer though so here.we.go.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

HeHateMe wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:45 pm I don't fault the two in charge for wanting their own manager. I do think it's time to start questioning what Falvey/Levine have done for the franchise since they took over. They have a lot of money to play with this summer though so here.we.go.
They have managed the draft much better than Terry Ryan and not signed below average pitchers to long term deals.
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

Mizuno Man wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:56 am Fucking bullshit. Well, Molly will get picked up by a club that isn't owned by Ebenezer and run by two fucktards
I'm not reading through to see if already mentioned but I read that he was being offered another position in the Front Office and they expect him to take it.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
Mandatory
***Official MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Mandatory »

feekdogg wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:47 pm Horseshit. The two ass bandits in charge have done nearly everything wrong (save for fleecing the Yankees out of Austin).
Only accurate comment in this thread so far.
I am a part of all whom I have met. - Alfred the Great

#BaltimoreStrong
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Mizuno Man wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:26 pm
Anyone with half a brain knew it was a fluke. They didn't want him back but had to after that. Look how it turned out?

Underwhelming season and canned
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Get ready for Mauer to be coach!
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection