Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

****Official 2018 MLB Playoffs****

A place to discuss the MN Twins
jakazz30

Re: ****Official 2018 MLB Playoffs****

Post by jakazz30 »

The Flying Sendejo wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm The city of Boston has won 11 championships since 2011. Ranging from the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL. That's impressive as shit.
Could you list those for me?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

No one saw this tonight with the NFL. Sad...
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 pm No one saw this tonight with the NFL. Sad...
There was an NFL game tonight?
Who played?
Offsides 97 defense

Post by Offsides 97 defense »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:54 pm
The Flying Sendejo wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:31 pm The city of Boston has won 11 championships since 2011. Ranging from the NBA, MLB, NHL, NFL. That's impressive as shit.
Could you list those for me?
I meant to say 2001....my bad.

2001 Pats
2003 Pats
2004 Pats
2004 Red Sox
2007 Red Sox
2008 Celtics
2011 Bruins
2013 Red Sox
2014 Pats
2016 Pats
2018 Red Sox

Impressive
"Pickett"
"Sir yes sir"
"1800, Engineers, You go out and find mines"
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:57 pm No one saw this tonight with the NFL. Sad...
flipping between channels i caught the last three home runs by the BOSOX live last night. watched the final two innings of at-bats for the dodgers.

i think this might be the best team since the league went to the current format with teams needing to win two series to get to the WS. this boston team proved in the post-season what they showed in the regular season. they were the best team this year-no question.

they get such great at-bats from so many players in the lineup during the nine innings that they put a lot of pressure on the opposing teams pitching staffs.

when will the twins put out a lineup of so many tough outs combined with that kind of pitching? that's what you're going to need to do to win a WS these days. at least something kind of close to what you saw this year with boston. it's just too difficult to win that many post-season games without a very stacked team imo.
Last edited by weimy froob on Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm
flipping between channels i caught the last three home runs by the BOSOX live last night. watched the final two at-bats for the dodgers.

i think this might be the best team since the league went to the current format with teams needing to win two series to get to the WS. this boston team proved in the post-season what they showed in the regular season. they were the best team this year-no question.

they get such great at-bats from so many players in the lineup during the nine innings that they put a lot of pressure on the opposing teams pitching staffs.

when will the twins put out a lineup of so many tough outs combined with that kind of pitching? that's what you're going to need to do to win a WS these days. at least something kind of close to what you saw this year with boston. it's just too difficult to win that many post-season games without a very stacked team imo.
I still give the advantage to that 98 Yankees team. Their pitching wasn't dominant, but those hitters could mash.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:39 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:20 pm
flipping between channels i caught the last three home runs by the BOSOX live last night. watched the final two innings of at-bats for the dodgers.

I still give the advantage to that 98 Yankees team. Their pitching wasn't dominant, but those hitters could mash.
i thought about that team-and they could be the one. i really like how this red sox team plays the game though.