Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Hat's of to one of the greats....JOE MAUER!!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
The Replacements

Re: Hat's of to one of the greats....JOE MAUER!!

Post by The Replacements »

Career WAR:

Mauer = 55.1
Molina = 38.9
Posey = 41.3
Perez = 22.2
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:05 pm Career WAR:

Mauer = 55.1
Molina = 38.9
Posey = 41.3
Perez = 22.2
That's a hot stat.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:58 pm

Mauer = 55.1
Molina = 38.9
Posey = 41.3
Perez = 22.2
That's a hot stat.
Career WAR?

How long has Posey's career been compared to the LBJ?
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Mauer = 55.1
Molina = 38.9
Posey = 41.3
Perez = 22.2
Great stat. I'm not a WAR guy, but that has GOT to make the Mauer haters feel pretty stupid. It won't, but it should. Mauer was downright amazing before the concussions. The whole franchise was done in by the Morneau/Mauer concussions.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

tbgh wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm

Mauer = 55.1
Molina = 38.9
Posey = 41.3
Perez = 22.2
Great stat. I'm not a WAR guy, but that has GOT to make the Mauer haters feel pretty stupid. It won't, but it should. Mauer was downright amazing before the concussions. The whole franchise was done in by the Morneau/Mauer concussions.
In his time after catching....his career WAR is 10.4...in other words, mediocre.
You can't judge a guy based on his career and only look at 1/2 of it.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Honestly, I think the 'Hometown Kid' thing clouds many a Twins fan's judgement about him. Joe Mauer is the Ryan Braun of the Twins; forgotten by everyone in baseball besides the AL Central. There is no defining moment of Joe's career. He doesn't have a playoff win. He didnt do anything HOF worthy his last 1/3 of his career. I dont see how he will get 75% of the votes to get in. Go back and look at the HOF classes for reference, and you'll see just like the BBWA will that Joe doesn't belong.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
tbgh

Post by tbgh »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 pm Honestly, I think the 'Hometown Kid' thing clouds many a Twins fan's judgement about him. Joe Mauer is the Ryan Braun of the Twins; forgotten by everyone in baseball besides the AL Central. There is no defining moment of Joe's career. He doesn't have a playoff win. He didnt do anything HOF worthy his last 1/3 of his career. I dont see how he will get 75% of the votes to get in. Go back and look at the HOF classes for reference, and you'll see just like the BBWA will that Joe doesn't belong.
This might be true. But to deny the first third of his career put him on a HOF track is dead wrong.
Put 'er in the ole vise.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

tbgh wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 pm
Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 pm Honestly, I think the 'Hometown Kid' thing clouds many a Twins fan's judgement about him. Joe Mauer is the Ryan Braun of the Twins; forgotten by everyone in baseball besides the AL Central. There is no defining moment of Joe's career. He doesn't have a playoff win. He didnt do anything HOF worthy his last 1/3 of his career. I dont see how he will get 75% of the votes to get in. Go back and look at the HOF classes for reference, and you'll see just like the BBWA will that Joe doesn't belong.
This might be true. But to deny the first third of his career put him on a HOF track is dead wrong.
The track was solid....he was going to the HoF.

But it got derailed.

(Only an idiot would deny how amazing he was as a catcher)

Problem is.....the years as a 1st baseman.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jakazz30 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm

But it got derailed.

i think he's going to get in the hall because of winning those batting titles while he played catcher. when everything cools down and the voters see who he's up against i think they're going to say that achievement is so historic that he belongs in and they vote accordingly. maybe not in the first year-but within three would be my guess.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:14 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:01 pm

But it got derailed.

i think he's going to get in the hall because of winning those batting titles while he played catcher. when everything cools down and the voters see who he's up against i think they're going to say that achievement is so historic that he belongs in and they vote accordingly. maybe not in the first year-but within three would be my guess.
That might be true..

The issue is how tough they are on voting in catchers.
and Posey is sitting there currently.