Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

Post by weimy froob »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm Twins offering lower-cost 'subscription' season tickets -- this time with access to a seat -- to boost sagging Target Field attendance.
Standing room only for $3.72 a game. :bday:
and that will get you to a seat in no time if you have to sit down. i would move around and watch the game from various seats as it progressed and never had a problem doing it. i would think you'd still be able to do that if you so desired.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:23 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm Twins offering lower-cost 'subscription' season tickets -- this time with access to a seat -- to boost sagging Target Field attendance.
Standing room only for $3.72 a game. :bday:
and that will get you to a seat in no time if you have to sit down. i would move around and watch the game from various seats as it progressed and never had a problem doing it. i would think you'd still be able to do that if you so desired.
300+ level is fair game. Sometime around mid 2017 when they started winning again, ushers started tightening up, even in the later innings of games in the field boxes.
salamander

Post by salamander »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:54 pm ...to boost sagging Target Field attendance.
The sad thing is the Pohlads don't realize their choices to penny pinch and not spend when needed are the reasons attendance is sagging.
It's also sad they'll never make better choices because they're the shittiest owners in all of sports.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

salamander wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:28 pm
The sad thing is the Pohlads don't realize their choices to penny pinch and not spend when needed are the reasons attendance is sagging.
It's also sad they'll never make better choices because they're the shittiest owners in all of sports.
Haven't you heard? they now have 2 (TWO) concession stands that will sell more reasonably priced items.

How much more are you looking for?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 pm Found Rosen and Commons discussion today interesting. Rosen asked the question and said he can't figures out what the Twins have to get people excited for next year.

To me it is exactly like any other year but the more years that go on like this, the harder it is to sell the usual carp the Twins try to sell.

What will be next years big selling point?
winning
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Cobey
Trouble

Post by Cobey »

JPM wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:53 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 pm Found Rosen and Commons discussion today interesting. Rosen asked the question and said he can't figures out what the Twins have to get people excited for next year.

To me it is exactly like any other year but the more years that go on like this, the harder it is to sell the usual carp the Twins try to sell.

winning
And giant girthy dongs. Don't forget about the giant girthy dongs.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

:lol:
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Has their every been a Twins team this good hated so much by their so called fans?

Unbelievable
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am Has their every been a Twins team this good hated so much by their so called fans?

Unbelievable
you might be getting a warped sense of the attitude towards the team based on some posts here. this was a thread started last year. they blew by 2 million in attendance going into their last home stand and the ratings on tv and radio have been strong all year. a twins ticket was a hot ticket and target field was the place to be seen this summer.
The Replacements

weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:37 am
The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 am Has their every been a Twins team this good hated so much by their so called fans?

Unbelievable
you might be getting a warped sense of the attitude towards the team based on some posts here. this was a thread started last year. they blew by 2 million in attendance going into their last home stand and the ratings on tv and radio have been strong all year. a twins ticket was a hot ticket and target field was the place to be seen this summer.
I could have posted this on any thread. I have read so many negative posts about this team and they are on track to win 100 games. I don't understand it. I know we have a few trolls on Twins chat, but too many are looking for ways to criticize this team. I believe true Twins baseball fans can appreciate this season and enjoy it.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:47 am
weimy froob wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:37 am

Unbelievable
I could have posted this on any thread. I have read so many negative posts about this team and they are on track to win 100 games. I don't understand it. I know we have a few trolls on Twins chat, but too many are looking for ways to criticize this team. I believe true Twins baseball fans can appreciate this season and enjoy it.
it's been a fun year. the criticism on an internet forum board has never bothered me-and i know it hasn't bothered the team either.
salamander

Post by salamander »

"#FUTURE!"

"We promise the next time, in the future, when we're really good we'll cereal go be buyers. Just ignore the multiple consecutive decades of evidence that says otherwise. We promise we'll spend guys! We just need you to buy tickets while we build again! I'm super cereal guys! We're totes gunna spend when we're good in the #FUTURE, please just ignore that we refused to do so when we were breaking records and making money hand of fist in that 2019 season. That one doesn't count because... oh look #FUTURE!"
-Jim Pohlad and the Pohlad Pocket Protector band
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Unbelievable
You're mistaking hating the team for hating the owners that refuse to spend during a year we were breaking records.

This teams ridiculous success this season and the owners refusal to do spend just proves how unbelievably terrible this ownership group is. This year showed true Twins fans, who want to win, the kind of lying, shitty owners the Pohlads are.

2019 will forever go down in the record books as the year the true Twins fans saw through the Pohlad bullshit.
I and every other Twins fan will look back on 2019 for DECADES whenever the Pohlads don't spend and make excuses.

Unbelievable is correct.
It's unbelievable the Pohlads have been able to sell their lies for so long. No more though. 2019 showed the true Pohlad color. Yellow.
Last edited by salamander on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

salamander wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:54 pm

Unbelievable
You're mistaking hating the team for hating the owners that refuse to spend during a year we were breaking records.

This teams ridiculous success this season and the owners refusal to do spend just proves how unbelievably terrible this ownership group is. This year showed true Twins fans, who want to win, the kind of lying, shitty owners the Pohlads are.

2019 will forever go down in the record books as the year the true Twins fans saw through the Pohlad bullshit.
I and every other Twins fan will look back on 2019 for DECADES whenever the Pohlads don't spend and make excuses.

Unbelievable is correct. It's unbelievable the Pohlads have been able to sell their lies for so long.
I'd imagine they will add a couple of top flight starters this offseason
salamander

Post by salamander »

Slim Shady wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:00 pm

Unbelievable

Unbelievable is correct. It's unbelievable the Pohlads have been able to sell their lies for so long.
I'd imagine they will add a couple of top flight starters this offseason
I won't hold my breath but I'd be pleased if they did. (As long as they don't sacrifice offense for it.)
Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady »

You're mistaking hating the team for hating the owners that refuse to spend
X 1,000,000
The Replacements

Unbelievable

Unbelievable is correct.
It's unbelievable the Pohlads have been able to sell their lies for so long. No more though. 2019 showed the true Pohlad color. Yellow.
I would say two thirds of the baseball owners are like the Pohlads. They look at total revenue and set a percent of that for payroll. They are cheap. They have always been cheap. The difference in today's game is you don't have to spend like the Yankees to win. You need to build your team through the draft, development and trades. Free agency is important but paying top dollar for free agents doesn't mean you win championships. Look at the Dodgers. They don't invest a ton of money in free agency and are one of the best teams in finding talent. The Cubs do spend in free agency and it works out about 25% of the time. They are currently 10 games worse than the Twins. If you want your team to build through free agency than pick a different team. If you like watching a team find creative ways to build a team, the Twins may be it.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

So tired of this BS....
Who the f*ck were they supposed to add?

The relief pitcher that has sucked on the Cubs and is now probably done for the season?
The players that had no-trades involving the Twins?

Idiots...

That's why I rarely post here anymore.

I'd rather deal with Clark, who understands baseball, than phony Twins fans...
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:33 pm So tired of this BS....
Who the f*ck were they supposed to add?

The relief pitcher that has sucked on the Cubs and is now probably done for the season?
The players that had no-trades involving the Twins?

Idiots...

That's why I rarely post here anymore.

I'd rather deal with Clark, who understands baseball, than phony Twins fans...
There would only be about 5 of you here if it wasn't for the trolls. Embrace them, Jack.

Also, to make excuses for the Pohlads because something like a injury that couldn't be foreseen is laughable.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Slim Shady wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:03 pm
You're mistaking hating the team for hating the owners that refuse to spend
X 1,000,000
Yes. I hate the Wilf’s. GPG!
salamander

Post by salamander »

The Replacements wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Unbelievable

Unbelievable is correct.
I would say two thirds of the baseball owners are like the Pohlads. They look at total revenue and set a percent of that for payroll. They are cheap. They have always been cheap. The difference in today's game is you don't have to spend like the Yankees to win. You need to build your team through the draft, development and trades. Free agency is important but paying top dollar for free agents doesn't mean you win championships. Look at the Dodgers. They don't invest a ton of money in free agency and are one of the best teams in finding talent. The Cubs do spend in free agency and it works out about 25% of the time. They are currently 10 games worse than the Twins. If you want your team to build through free agency than pick a different team. If you like watching a team find creative ways to build a team, the Twins may be it.
I'm not saying spend every year. I'm saying spend when you're ready to win after you've developed your team like you've laid out. The last thing I want is to just blow money on whoever is there in free agency every year and never building through our farm system.

I've said that numerous times and you arguing against that like that's my point is dishonest.

Losers spend every year. Losers never spend when they're buyers. Twins have been losers using the later for near 3 decades.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I love when people say we're not real Twins fans because we want the team to be better while theyre hoping the team stands pat and is worse.

Every time I see the phrase "twins fan" in quotes I know that poster is an idiot who doesn't know much about baseball.
Last edited by salamander on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:37 pm

Unbelievable is correct.
I'm not saying spend every year. I'm saying spend when you're ready to win after you've developed your team like you've laid out. The last thing I want is to just blow money on whoever is there in free agency every year and never building through our farm system.

I've said that numerous times and you arguing against that like that's my point is dishonest.

Losers spend every year. Losers never spend when they're buyers. Twins have been losers using the later for near 3 decades.
They will have 2019 division champs night and gear to sell us next year as the team plays .500 ball after their first round exit and everyone is off the "GarvSauce"
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
salamander

Post by salamander »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 pm

They will have 2019 division champs night and gear to sell us next year as the team plays .500 ball after their first round exit and everyone is off the "GarvSauce"
But we're not real Twins fans because because we want the team to better themselves during a record setting year. :lol:

Dumb take.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

salamander wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:45 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:43 pm

But we're not real Twins fans because because we want the team to better themselves during a record setting year. :lol:

Dumb take.
Sad thing is the "Real fans" are happy with no chance in the playoffs.

I get this thinking in say the Molitor year they made the playoffs.

This team however has the chance to finish with one of the best records in its history yet they didn't do anything the bolster it.

Years like this rarely cone around for this club and with many of these guys having career years and being on short term deals, the chance of repeating this next is is slim.

It's a completely wasted opportunity.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Dude

Post by Dude »

I'm just a casual observer to this forum but this is my two cents (and I realize this thread is over a year old).

Why the fuck would you whine about where this team is right now? People bitched about the Cruz signing and he's still crushing balls. People bitched about the trade deadline but they didn't mortgage the future to be .5 wins better than they currently are.

They're going to win the division and will get a seat at the table in the post season. This is the best team they've had since 1991, and stranger shit has happened. Enjoy the rest of the season, and carry on bitching during the winter meetings.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dude wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am I'm just a casual observer to this forum but this is my two cents (and I realize this thread is over a year old).

Why the fuck would you whine about where this team is right now? People bitched about the Cruz signing and he's still crushing balls. People bitched about the trade deadline but they didn't mortgage the future to be .5 wins better than they currently are.

They're going to win the division and will get a seat at the table in the post season. This is the best team they've had since 1991, and stranger shit has happened. Enjoy the rest of the season, and carry on bitching during the winter meetings.
Because we want the owners to try and win a World Series not a first round exit. I don't give two shits about winning the division.

2019 is the "the future" you build towards. 2019 also proved "the future" will never come because it will always be on the horizon. It's time for "the future is now" mentality. It's too bad the owners told the fans, "fuck you" during one of those "future" years you build towards and now it'll just fade away like dust in the wind. All the Pohlad Pocket Protectors will pat themselves on the back as they raise their first round exit, division banner.
Dude

Post by Dude »

salamander wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm
Dude wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:29 am I'm just a casual observer to this forum but this is my two cents (and I realize this thread is over a year old).

Because we want the owners to try and win a World Series not a first round exit. I don't give two shits about winning the division.

2019 is the "the future" you build towards. 2019 also proved "the future" will never come because it will always be on the horizon. It's time for "the future is now" mentality. It's too bad the owners told the fans, "fuck you" during one of those "future" years you build towards and now it'll just fade away like dust in the wind. All the Pohlad Pocket Protectors will pat themselves on the back as they raise their first round exit, division banner.
I just don't see it that way.

I wanted Snydergaard as much if not more than anybody, but that wasn't going to put them in a position to get them past the Astros any more than they currently are, and it was going to cost a shit ton. I can understand why they didn't make the move.

Everybody was pissed about what they did/didn't do last offseason and look where they are now. It's a no-win situation for the Twins against armchair GMs.

At the end of the day, they're exceeding everyone's most ambitious expectations for the season and everyone still seems pissed for some reason.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Dude wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:47 pm
salamander wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:32 pm

I just don't see it that way.

I wanted Snydergaard as much if not more than anybody, but that wasn't going to put them in a position to get them past the Astros any more than they currently are, and it was going to cost a shit ton. I can understand why they didn't make the move.

Everybody was pissed about what they did/didn't do last offseason and look where they are now. It's a no-win situation for the Twins against armchair GMs.

At the end of the day, they're exceeding everyone's most ambitious expectations for the season and everyone still seems pissed for some reason.
I'm with you on Syndergaard. No way I trade Buxton for that. Gleeman let slip on KFAN one morning we could've had him for Gratoral though. You pair that move with a couple more trades (that were available, let's not act like no players were traded) and you not only still have a good farm system but you're also competing for the World Series.

Everyone is pissed because we're buyers and didn't buy during a record breaking year. We just heard the same stupid #FUTURE nonsense. That's a losers mentality and we've had it for multiple consecutive decades with this 100% shitty ownership. It's so shitty that words can not describe how fucking horrible the Pohlads have been and are as owners. All the while the owners are making bank. I'm done with this ownership. Done. As is most of the fanbase it seems. That's a good thing because they're fucking terrible beyond belief.

If they were to be the #1 spender in the league for the next 5 years, that would be a less ridiculous prospect than what the Pohlads have given us over the last 30 in terms of basement dweller spending.