Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

Post by RubeTube »

Found Rosen and Commons discussion today interesting. Rosen asked the question and said he can't figures out what the Twins have to get people excited for next year.

To me it is exactly like any other year but the more years that go on like this, the harder it is to sell the usual carp the Twins try to sell.

What will be next years big selling point?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Miley Cyrus

Re: What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

Post by Miley Cyrus »

New food and brews at TF. Maybe change up the mascots during the race. Dollar slices of Frankie V's pizza. Throw 12 mil a year at an over the hill NL pitcher. So many possibilities!
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Cheap tickets, like the 90's.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:06 pm Cheap tickets, like the 90's.
Maybe....
turn some of OF seats into GA ones.
A Kickass Offense

Post by A Kickass Offense »

Hope.

"Just wait until Lewis and Kriloff arrive!!"

Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

It's the same fucking nightmare year after year.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

I'll always check in on my favorite MLB team at least until the ASG. Something about Spring and ball going together, and getting excited for a new season.

Its after the ASG during bad seasons when I tune out. Watched or checked in on probably every game until the ASG...then, backed off a bit after the trades (even though I agreed with them), then backed off a bit more week by week, month by month. I pull up a live feed tonight, and look at the lineup...there's 2-3 guys that are part of the core future...Polanco, and Garver... When the season is basically already done, why would I check into a game where they are playing almost no one that matters for this season or next?
Last edited by bubu dubu. on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Just to stamp this, the lineup tonight is...

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

What the hell would get you excited to watch that lineup? They could throw in some prospects that have the potential of contributing in the future...even if they were shitty this year, I'd probably turn the team on the TV, just to see what we might have.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm Just to stamp this, the lineup tonight is...

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

What the hell would get you excited to watch that lineup? They could throw in some prospects that have the potential of contributing in the future...even if they were shitty this year, I'd probably turn the team on the TV, just to see what we might have.
Yep. I dont understand their logic.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Tommy_Hawk wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:20 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:49 pm Just to stamp this, the lineup tonight is...

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Yep. I dont understand their logic.
Their logic is to not get that arbitration clock ticking.

It's a money grab and they are known for it.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Thanks!

Just took the Yankees to win by 5 or more for a +255 :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Thanks!

Probably a good bet, although Sonny Gray sucks balls so although the Twins will almost assuredly lose this contest they may actually score some runs. I could see this being an 11-7 type score with the Yankees winning.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I checked the box score and saw the lineup before it began and that was all I needed to see, it would have been less embarrassing if they had just forfeited the game. It also was the first time in years I didn't even so much as check the score when all I was doing was watching TV all night. I'm not gonna lie, being a fan of this team is really really starting to ware on me.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:33 pm

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Thanks!

That was yesterday's lineup. Today's looks marginally better.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Maybe they will go with a Joe Mauer farewell tour. I mean he’s bringing in the big crowds now so what the hell :drinky:
cypher

Post by cypher »

Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm Maybe they will go with a Joe Mauer farewell tour. I mean he’s bringing in the big crowds now so what the hell :drinky:
This is what I think will happen. 1 Year contract for LBJ and they trade Sano and Buxton so they have another excuse to spend another decade rebuilding.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

I'm starting to get tired of our owners in this town who are real estate developers... Always building, never winning and trashing the place.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Maybe they can hand out more free stuff in Vikings colors. That seems to be a big deal.

I'm literally out of ideas boy's.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

CasualObserverGuy wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:13 am I'm starting to get tired of our owners in this town who are real estate developers... Always building, never winning and trashing the place.
I can appreciate Wilf/Leopold who want to win badly.... Taylor/Pohlad have so much money they're fine as long as it's making money.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by HeHateMe »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:52 pm Found Rosen and Commons discussion today interesting. Rosen asked the question and said he can't figures out what the Twins have to get people excited for next year.

To me it is exactly like any other year but the more years that go on like this, the harder it is to sell the usual carp the Twins try to sell.

What will be next years big selling point?
Well... if they have like 60-70 mil to spend.. get Harper and Machado!
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
Rollie

Post by Rollie »

Get Mauer off the books!!!!!!
Chris_5103

Post by Chris_5103 »

hot dogs
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

No one at all thinks we are a couple good pitcher acquisitions with Mauer's money and some steps forward from the youth away from contending in a brutal division?
Chris_5103

Post by Chris_5103 »

manny Machado and Patrick Corbin
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Thrillkill wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:11 pm No one at all thinks we are a couple good pitcher acquisitions with Mauer's money and some steps forward from the youth away from contending in a brutal division?
Chi Sox got some young studs comin up. Then again Buxton and Sano were labeled studs too so who knows.
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:04 pm
Thrillkill wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:11 pm No one at all thinks we are a couple good pitcher acquisitions with Mauer's money and some steps forward from the youth away from contending in a brutal division?
Chi Sox got some young studs comin up. Then again Buxton and Sano were labeled studs too so who knows.
I'm pretty optimistic.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Chris_5103 wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:18 pm manny Machado and Patrick Corbin
Hahaha. The Twins sign anyone of worth?!? NEVER!

Next year with be the Mauer retirement tour. Every other game will be some gimmick "First 5,000 get a Mauer ____ etc.

While Mauer is having his tour sponsored by Kemps, Molitor will be on the "Dead man walking tour" as they rack up 90+ L's he will be canned at the end of next year.

The Pohlads will make enough money next year off the Mauer tour and all will be right.

#GetToKnowEm
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Definitely couldn't have used Buxton.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
Thrillkill

Post by Thrillkill »

flexbuffchest wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:22 am

Joe
Polanco
Forsythe
Grossman
Garver
Austudillo
Cave
Field
Petit

Definitely couldn't have used Buxton.
As the worlds most hyped pinch runner? Who can;t steal a base? I'm 100% Caveman now.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:04 pm Maybe they will go with a Joe Mauer farewell tour. I mean he’s bringing in the big crowds now so what the hell :drinky:
Trash that idea
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Heading into next year the only guy I feel comfortable being in the starting lineup is Polanco. Not Sano, not Buxton, not Kepler, NO ONE ELSE. Good thing is we got a boat load of cash to spend and I think Falvey and Co will surprise us....

On a side note, I think Molitor is gone. Not happy about that, just a gut feeling.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: