Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Berrios

A place to discuss the MN Twins
HeHateMe
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Re: Berrios

Post by HeHateMe »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:30 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:50 pm Wilson Ramos is an All-Star. That trade for Matt Capps is an all-timer for the Twins on the horrendous scale. Thanks TR
Not defending the trade, but Ramos has never really been that good. He's only ever had 500 plate appearances twice in his career, and he's only had like 3 good seasons in his career. I guess my point is that the trade could have been a lot worse than it's been.
Ramos has always been average to slightly above average IMO... he's had a couple years (including this one) where he's played really well, stayed healthy... no question the Twins could have used him at various points. I hated the trade at the time, absolutely HATED it. The fact that he was out there in 2016, readily available and the Twins didn't appear interested.... it sucks.
thinktank wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am I’m a successful consultant for some of the biggest and best companies in the world. I tell you about systems architecture, not the other way around.
boxter432

Post by boxter432 »

I remember being pumped when we brought him up, his first taste of the bigs and he hit the ball SO hard. then we trade him for a closer that threw almost every pitch as a 93mph 2 seamer down the middle. He was actually decent the first year, gave up a run in his only playoff inning, Then WR hit 15 hrs the next year and Capps sucked for two years and never hit the majors again despite only being 28 and an all star 3 years prior...
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm Wonder if he is a little fatigued or hurt. Velo is down 2 mph last few starts.
Too Bad I Have To Destroy You Now
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:10 pm
64DegreeWedge wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:53 pm Wonder if he is a little fatigued or hurt. Velo is down 2 mph last few starts.
not good. he was okay last night-but molina just missed taking him deep after h walked arenado on four pitches. he has to be GREAT if this team has any chance in the second half of the season.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

He's legit. Think it's just a matter of him not being 100%. More important that he doesn't have a serious injury.

The twins have a bottom 5 management in all of baseball it's pathetic.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

He's not injured....
it's really simple...

look at his # of innings pitched in his entire career.

He's approaching his season total already.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... jo01.shtml
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm He's not injured....
it's really simple...

He threw over 185 innings last year. He's still almost 60 innings away from that number, and the general rule is that most pitchers can increase their workload per year by year by about 10% before wearing out. That would put Berrios over 200 innings this year, which is all we could have hoped for in the first place.

All that isn't to say that he couldn't have a little bit of a tired arm right now, but it's not because of his innings total.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

beetlebum71 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:03 am
jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:46 pm He's not injured....
it's really simple...

He threw over 185 innings last year. He's still almost 60 innings away from that number, and the general rule is that most pitchers can increase their workload per year by year by about 10% before wearing out. That would put Berrios over 200 innings this year, which is all we could have hoped for in the first place.

All that isn't to say that he couldn't have a little bit of a tired arm right now, but it's not because of his innings total.
You are correct.....
I forgot he started last season in the minors.

And while not a huge amount, he also pitched in the WBC.
64DegreeWedge

Post by 64DegreeWedge »

Velocity was back up last game lol
memyworld

Post by memyworld »

weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

memyworld wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 pm
:clap: :clap: :clap:

good to see jose working hard and having fun on the beach. we all hope that he reaches his 2019 goals too. :coolio:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

He’s the only pitcher in the rotation that I trust. Gonna be interesting to see how he handles being the clear cut #1 now that Big Erv is gone. Our rotation scares the hell out of me. Praying Pineda can be a factor.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

For us to be a factor he has to be an all-star this year. Not a throw in, a legit all-star.
RALPH MALPH

Post by RALPH MALPH »

He needs to step-it-up consistently against the top teams. we know he can dominate the so-so's and bad teams.