Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Kepler can fuck off

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Thrillkill

Re: Kepler can fuck off

Post by Thrillkill »

beetlebum71 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:16 pm Kepler has made progress this season. I know it doesn't show in his batting average, which is what a lot of rubes concern themselves with, but his overall production has improved. More walks, better strikeout rate, more power, even better defensively (even with him playing a ton in CF), and he's already surpassed his career best in WAR by a fair amount with 5 weeks left in the season. More consistency would be great, but this guy knows how to play. I'm no longer worried about him. He might not be a perennial AS or anything like that, but he'll be a solid big leaguer for a while to come.
Brunansky type is what I envision. Bruno wasn't making allstar games but I'll take the titles.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

TWINS
Max Kepler's regression is greatest Twins mystery of all
Max Kepler will lead the 2018 Twins in games played, plate appearances and walks - and is hitting just .222.
SEPTEMBER 30, 2018 — 10:19AM

i said this guy has a beautiful swing. reusse says basically the same thing. and others here have seen it. still-there's this.

Max Kepler will lead the 2018 Twins in games played, plate appearances and walks. Entering the final two games, he had 56 RBI and a .400 slugging percentage, compared to 69 and .425 when he ended 2017.

And there’s a number that is unfathomable: Kepler’s batting average sat at .222 after the doubleheader sweep of the Chicago White Sox on Friday.

Miguel Sano allowed himself to get in horrible physical condition, became injury-prone and will finish a lost, 25-year-old season batting .199. Byron Buxton doesn’t have hitter’s hands (like Eddie Rosario), compensates by being a guess hitter, has remained injury-prone, and his 24-year-old season was a waste.

Kepler is tremendously well-conditioned, has a swing that should be successful, and he has spent much of his 25-year-old season batting in the .220s. Even with the baseballwide de-emphasis on average, the .220s are preposterous for a corner outfielder with Kepler’s abilities.

“He pulls his hands in trying to power the ball to right field and gets tied up inside too often,’’ a former big-leaguer said this weekend.

Manager Paul Molitor was asked how Kepler — injury-free, excellent condition, a swing flaw that should be correctable — can be a .222 hitter?

“I think a lot of this game is momentum and confidence,’’ Molitor said. “I think that the numbers staring at you … sometimes you’re just trying too hard to prevent them from going the wrong way. It’s like the more you try to correct your slice, the farther it goes right.’’

Asked if he “liked Kepler’s swing,’’ Molitor said: “You look at the ball he hit [Thursday] for a base hit … coming off the bat at 104 miles per hour. We like him — like other guys, we’re trying to get him to see the bigger picture of a game, and not always about your swing, your swing.’’

Sano doomed his season by showing up for spring training over 290 pounds. Buxton was in trouble from the time you saw him again confused and flailing at the start of exhibition games.

For me, the unexplainable regression for the 2018 Twins has been Kepler. He has so much going for him in dedication and talent, he should have been outstanding in Year 3, not in the .220s.

Read Reusse’s blog at startribune.com/patrick.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 am
A Kickass Offense wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm He's almost as much of a flop as the Bust Brothers.

According to Phil Mackey he also leads the league in soft contact. Not what I look for in a corner outfielder.
Straight garbage!! Another Kubel type.
:naners:
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
salamander

Post by salamander »

I liked Kubel.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Dumb bump...
jffl_commish

Post by jffl_commish »

Let's get Tropical
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I will post in this thread. Book it.
Ketchup can be nuancy
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Ask Not wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:53 pm I will post in this thread. Book it.
Witness!
Joboo

Post by Joboo »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 am
A Kickass Offense wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:54 pm He's almost as much of a flop as the Bust Brothers.

According to Phil Mackey he also leads the league in soft contact. Not what I look for in a corner outfielder.
Straight garbage!! Another Kubel type.
Another great take by Sergeant Rubetube... maybe I missed the memo but with so many bad takes are they on purpose? Maybe I missing on greatness in trolling like common making obvious mistakes
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Reading back these old topics you see a pattern with some of the frequent posters here.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Yup
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Minnesota Twins: Max Kepler dealing with shoulder inflammation
by Chris Schad 2 days ago

UPDATE: According to KSTP-TV’s Darren Wolfson, Kepler’s MRI on his shoulder came back clean and is a shoulder inflammation issue. The Twins currently have him listed as day-to-day.

The Minnesota Twins are reeling in the past week and as they look to hold on to a 4 1/2 game lead over the Cleveland Indians in the American League Central, it appears they have more bad news on the injury front.

One day after leaving Sunday’s game against the Indians with a shoulder issue, Max Kepler is going in for an MRI on Monday afternoon. After the game, Kepler told reporters including MLB.com’s Do-Hyoung Park that the issue that forced him from the game has been something that has been nagging him for months.

As the Twins’ right fielder has collected just four hits in his past 32 at-bats, Kepler said that the pain has become “concerning” in recent weeks, which could have attributed to his most recent slump.

The latest injury for the Twins can’t come at a worse time as they look to wrap up their first division title since 2010. In the wake of the Indians taking two of three games at Target Field last weekend, the Twins have already lost Byron Buxton in the lineup since the beginning of August with his own shoulder issue and Jake Cave, Nelson Cruz, Miguel Sano and Sam Dyson have all missed time recently due to injuries.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gotta get Max back in the lineup and healthy. If he needs another week then so be it....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

This thread delivered.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

He's a real flop. :roll: The only flop is Phil Mackey who plays second and mostly third fiddle these days. Not much of a factor for 1500. He's the new Jeff Dubay of Skor North.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hmmmm...
Who was the poster defending him?