Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Where do the Twins go from here?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
weimy froob

Re: Where do the Twins go from here?

Post by weimy froob »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:08 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm
D_B_U wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:18 pm The AL Central is crap.
i agree. if they could climb back to .500 before the trade deadline i think they could still put on a push for the division. as long as there are games to play and you can make a somewhat plausible scenario where games could matter in september i think you still try to put a respectable lineup out there. santana returns on sunday i think.
Santana is doing another minor game Sunday....Rochester this time.
If all goes well, he'll probably be added to the MLB squad after the AS break.
okay. i got my information mixed up. i think if he's up to speed the twins shouldn't be sellers until the last week of july. cleveland showed last night that they're vulnerable in the back end of their pitching. they have the yankees coming in for four games and we can hope that they continue to skid.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:14 pm
weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm

i agree. if they could climb back to .500 before the trade deadline i think they could still put on a push for the division. as long as there are games to play and you can make a somewhat plausible scenario where games could matter in september i think you still try to put a respectable lineup out there. santana returns on sunday i think.
okay. i got my information mixed up. i think if he's up to speed the twins shouldn't be sellers until the last week of july. cleveland showed last night that they're vulnerable in the back end of their pitching. they have the yankees coming in for four games and we can hope that they continue to skid.
What if Tampa sweeps the Twins?
Remember, these last 2 series were against the worst teams in MLB.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:17 pm
that'd be pretty devastating. right now things are so precarious as to sell or maybe even buy that you just have to look at the situation and scenario after every series. but being 5 or six games back at the all-star break is a possibility. i don't think you dump players under that scenario with two and a half months of baseball to go. that'd be too early to throw in the towel on 2018 imo.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:22 pm

that'd be pretty devastating. right now things are so precarious as to sell or maybe even buy that you just have to look at the situation and scenario after every series. but being 5 or six games back at the all-star break is a possibility. i don't think you dump players under that scenario with two and a half months of baseball to go. that'd be too early to throw in the towel on 2018 imo.
Love the Twins....
but realistically....you either stand pat, or sell...
can't be a buyer.
The Twins can't compete with NY, Boston, Houston.
Buying players means you give up something.
I'm not giving up anything for a quest to a prize you can't achieve.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm
Love the Twins....
can't be a buyer.
depends on the price. it's trying to thread a needle right now after that last road trip-but the indians have given the twins some life with their play these last four games. they're vulnerable.

i agree that they can't compete with those three teams-but you can give your fans the best you can give them at this time while you figure out how you're going to compete with those teams in the years ahead. and that's trying to track down the indians and snatch the division title. that'd be at least two home playoff games too.

there's so many question marks with this organization going forward that you might as well try to be competitive in 2018 if it's possible while you try to figure things out.

i think that one of those websites had their chance of winning the division at one percent after the road trip. so it would be big to even be in the hunt when september rolls around.

let's see how this weekend goes. like i said things are so fluid that the front office has to make their decisions right now based on how the team plays in each series going forward.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

weimy froob wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:47 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:36 pm

Love the Twins....
can't be a buyer.
depends on the price. it's trying to thread a needle right now after that last road trip-but the indians have given the twins some life with their play these last four games. they're vulnerable.

i agree that they can't compete with those three teams-but you can give your fans the best you can give them at this time while you figure out how you're going to compete with those teams in the years ahead. and that's trying to track down the indians and snatch the division title. that'd be at least two home playoff games too.

there's so many question marks with this organization going forward that you might as well try to be competitive in 2018 if it's possible while you try to figure things out.

i think that one of those websites had their chance of winning the division at one percent after the road trip. so it would be big to even be in the hunt when september rolls around.

let's see how this weekend goes. like i said things are so fluid that the front office has to make their decisions right now based on how the team plays in each series going forward.
I think the FO should be listening to ALL offers going forward, regardless of how the team is doing.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Current question: Can Twins keep winning when competition gets better?

The Twins dispatched the Kansas City Royals 8-5 on Wednesday to take two of three games against their AL Central foe. The lineup, from top to bottom, contributed. Brian Dozier and Logan Morrison are finding their power strokes. Lance Lynn needed 114 pitches to get through five-plus innings, but shook off a three-run first inning.

Most importantly, the Twins took the series after sweeping four from Baltimore. They have won six of their first seven games of their current Target Field homestand, their best stretch of play since they won eight out of 10 in early May to climb within one game of .500.

And this isn’t suggesting they solved all their problems and need to postpone October hunting trips. The Twins (41-49) remain eight games under .500 and can’t be taken seriously until that ground is made up. But they are showing what’s possible when their pitching and hitting are in sync.

“I don’t think we’re red-hot. I think we’re better,” Twins manager Paul Molitor said. “There are some signs of life as far as the bats coming around. The starts have been mostly good, which you need if you’re going to go on some kind of a run. Just trying to get through this homestand. It’s an overstatement but we have to win as many games as we can heading into the break, given where we’re at.”

They are four games closer to achieving that, with Tampa Bay in town Thursday for the first of four games.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Miguel Sano making progress at Class A Fort Myers

Sano is working out almost daily, and is starting to get his legs under him. His legs are stronger and he's starting to come around.

In Class A Fort Myers' 7-4 victory on Wednesday, Sano hit his second home run with the Miracle and walked twice in four plate appearances. His batting average is .321 with a .406 on-base percentage in 56 at-bats.

http://www.startribune.com/miguel-sano- ... 487945021/

when do you think they'll let miguel come back to the big leagues? when do you think they should?
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am Miguel Sano making progress at Class A Fort Myers

Sano is working out almost daily, and is starting to get his legs under him. His legs are stronger and he's starting to come around.

In Class A Fort Myers' 7-4 victory on Wednesday, Sano hit his second home run with the Miracle and walked twice in four plate appearances. His batting average is .321 with a .406 on-base percentage in 56 at-bats.

when do you think they'll let miguel come back to the big leagues? when do you think they should?
I'd leave him down there for a bit. Maybe another month. Keep working out and gaining confidence.
Tommy_Hawk

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

Corre Ricky Corre wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm
weimy froob wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:11 am Miguel Sano making progress at Class A Fort Myers

I'd leave him down there for a bit. Maybe another month. Keep working out and gaining confidence.
Miguel Sano is hitting .321 in Single A vs. 18-20 year olds. I say cut the shit, and insert him directly into the All -Star game right now.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Twins finally beating up on some bottom feeders, which is their recipe to 'success.' Too little too late though. I feel like they actually do have a run in them, but it will be near impossible to catch up to Cleveland, which is their only hope.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

bubu dubu. wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:42 pm Twins finally beating up on some bottom feeders, which is their recipe to 'success.' Too little too late though. I feel like they actually do have a run in them, but it will be near impossible to catch up to Cleveland, which is their only hope.
That's the quandry bubu….does this recent mini run make ANY difference as to how Falvey & Co go forward the next couple weeks? I really think they wanted to shake things up last year around this time and had to put the brakes on when the Twins started playing good ball. Seems a very similar thing is happening now and they probably are thinking "darn it, here we go again....can't we just bottom out so we can blow this thing up and do things our way"? My feeling is that most fans would be ok with some big and bold moves....we're not going to win the WS with what we have and is just making the playoffs enough? At this point I would seriously be ok with moving anyone but Berrios and Rosario. Time will tell....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think it's possible to put in a long range plan for a WS championship and still work towards winning the division this year. the paper said that buxton had another setback-he's a big question mark for the front office. but they can deal with that in the off-season. right now there's still plenty of baseball to be played this year. and lots of games against the indians coming up in the not too distant future. now's not the time to give up on 2018.
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Despite the recent success I still want us to heavily explore trades for Dozier.
UnFadeable21 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:55 pm Edwards Negatives:

Low IQ
Low Motor
Bad Shot Selection
Bad defense

Who does this remind you of?
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 pm Despite the recent success I still want us to heavily explore trades for Dozier.
I agree, but you gotta ride the wave with Dozier, team winning last 8 of 9. Don't kill the buzz.

After the All star break:

3 @KC
3 @TOR
4 @BOS

These games can make or break the run we're on and decide if Dozier goes before the deadline.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ForCaleb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am
flexbuffchest wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:06 pm Despite the recent success I still want us to heavily explore trades for Dozier.
I agree, but you gotta ride the wave with Dozier, team winning last 8 of 9. Don't kill the buzz.

3 @KC
3 @TOR
4 @BOS

These games can make or break the run we're on and decide if Dozier goes before the deadline.
it's still a very uphill climb and .500 has to be the first goal. but if they could just gain a game a week on cleveland they'd be in first place by mid september. santana should be back after the all-star break and sano might be figuring things out in the minors. it's not time to throw in the towel on 2018 just yet.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

weimy froob wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am
ForCaleb wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:33 am

3 @KC
3 @TOR
4 @BOS

it's still a very uphill climb and .500 has to be the first goal. but if they could just gain a game a week on cleveland they'd be in first place by mid september. santana should be back after the all-star break and sano might be figuring things out in the minors. it's not time to throw in the towel on 2018 just yet.
I agree. :thumbsup:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

one more reliable bullpen arm needed. bring sano back for the cleveland series at the end of the month and then see if the team can run down the indians. they might not be as good as the tribe-but i don't think you trade for the future and just let cleveland run away with it. put up a fight. and that's what the team did today.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Try for playoffs or move on to 2019? Twins can do both
As they showed last year, they are capable of contending even by subtracting from the team they have.

JIM SOUHAN

This column provides definitive answers to the vexing questions facing Minnesota sports.

Today’s vexing question: Following a 9-2 homestand entering the All-Star break, and a walkoff grand slam by Brian Dozier on Sunday, should the Twins try to win the division, or make trades for the future?

Today’s definitive answer: Absolutely.

The Twins’ new bosses became momentary pariahs last July for trading closer Brandon Kintzler and starter Jaime Garcia in the 48 hours before the trade deadline.

This July, will they recognize that their team is a long shot to make the playoffs, and trade veterans? Will they try to improve this year’s team, knowing that Ervin Santana, Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton could be back soon?

Strangely, they might be able to do both. They could trade away a member of their rotation for prospects without damaging the team’s shot at the playoffs.

Last year the bosses tried to weaken the team at the deadline … and failed. The Twins were 50-53 before the deadline and 34-24 after.

This year, the Twins could trade Lance Lynn for prospects and not give up on chasing Cleveland for the AL Central title. Lynn has been a disappointment, but after posting an 8.37 ERA in April, his ERA was 3.76 in May and 2.83 in June. (It’s 7.82 through three starts in July.)

Lynn has enough of a track record and a strong enough résumé in the NL to attract interest. The Twins could contend with this rotation: Santana, Jose Berrios, Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson and either Fernando Romero, Adalberto Mejia or Stephen Gonsalves.

If the Twins don’t think Gibson’s strong performance this season is sustainable, they might be able to trade him for more value than they would get for Lynn, because Gibson is under team control for another year.

(A year ago, I was asking for Gibson to be placed on a slow submarine to Atlantis. I was wrong. He has re-established himself as a quality big-league pitcher.)

Dozier is at the heart of the most vexing of these questions. He is an important personality in the clubhouse and helped rally the team last year. He has swung better of late and is capable of carrying the team down the stretch.

The Twins clearly don’t intend to sign Dozier to a lucrative long-term contract. That leaves them with three choices: Let him leave in free agency and get nothing; make a qualifying offer so they get a draft pick if he leaves or makes about $18 million for one year if he accepts; or trade him now.

If the Twins aren’t willing or able to trade him for value and if he recognizes that free agency is no longer a free-spending jamboree, he might take the qualifying offer. If the Twins are intent on Nick Gordon being their second baseman next season, they won’t want to pay Dozier $18 million to block Gordon, who is hitting .242 at Class AAA Rochester.

I’d keep Dozier and give him a qualifying offer. There is no guarantee Gordon will be ready to hit in the big leagues next year, and this year’s team won’t have a chance to catch Cleveland without Dozier.

“This team is capable of doing something special down the stretch,” Dozier said. “We did it last year.”

I asked Twins Chief Baseball Officer Derek Falvey if last July’s decisions will inform this year’s.

“Year to year, you look at it differently,” he said. “Last year, we felt like there were unique ups and downs. By July 31 you’ve got to make some calls. I looked at it the other day, and 80 percent of the trades that are made in July are made the last four or five days. So we all talk about it for about 45 days, and the reality is that everything gets done the last four or five days.

“We certainly learn more week to week as we go. We haven’t played the way we had hoped to start the year. We’ve played better of late. … There’s lots of things we can continue to learn about our club, but at the same time we have to be open minded about what helps us in the future, to make sure that we’re always thinking about building the right kind of base moving forward.

“I don’t think last year necessarily informs anything about this year other than that we’re always staying open-minded about short-term and long-term decisions.”

Falvey and GM Thad Levine were hired to modernize the baseball department, deepen the farm system, develop pitching and set the franchise up for a decade-long run of success.

This month, Falvey and Levine might be able to do all of that without hurting this team’s chances. The idea is almost as strange as Sunday’s brawling, balking, walking-off victory.

Jim Souhan can be found on Twitter at @Souhanstrib. His podcasts can be heard at MNSPN.com.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 pm Try for playoffs or move on to 2019? Twins can do both
As they showed last year, they are capable of contending even by subtracting from the team they have.

JIM SOUHAN

This column provides definitive answers to the vexing questions facing Minnesota sports.

Today’s vexing question: Following a 9-2 homestand entering the All-Star break, and a walkoff grand slam by Brian Dozier on Sunday, should the Twins try to win the division, or make trades for the future?

The Twins’ new bosses became momentary pariahs last July for trading closer Brandon Kintzler and starter Jaime Garcia in the 48 hours before the trade deadline.

This July, will they recognize that their team is a long shot to make the playoffs, and trade veterans? Will they try to improve this year’s team, knowing that Ervin Santana, Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton could be back soon?

Strangely, they might be able to do both. They could trade away a member of their rotation for prospects without damaging the team’s shot at the playoffs.

Last year the bosses tried to weaken the team at the deadline … and failed. The Twins were 50-53 before the deadline and 34-24 after.

This year, the Twins could trade Lance Lynn for prospects and not give up on chasing Cleveland for the AL Central title. Lynn has been a disappointment, but after posting an 8.37 ERA in April, his ERA was 3.76 in May and 2.83 in June. (It’s 7.82 through three starts in July.)

Lynn has enough of a track record and a strong enough résumé in the NL to attract interest. The Twins could contend with this rotation: Santana, Jose Berrios, Jake Odorizzi, Kyle Gibson and either Fernando Romero, Adalberto Mejia or Stephen Gonsalves.

If the Twins don’t think Gibson’s strong performance this season is sustainable, they might be able to trade him for more value than they would get for Lynn, because Gibson is under team control for another year.

(A year ago, I was asking for Gibson to be placed on a slow submarine to Atlantis. I was wrong. He has re-established himself as a quality big-league pitcher.)

Dozier is at the heart of the most vexing of these questions. He is an important personality in the clubhouse and helped rally the team last year. He has swung better of late and is capable of carrying the team down the stretch.

The Twins clearly don’t intend to sign Dozier to a lucrative long-term contract. That leaves them with three choices: Let him leave in free agency and get nothing; make a qualifying offer so they get a draft pick if he leaves or makes about $18 million for one year if he accepts; or trade him now.

If the Twins aren’t willing or able to trade him for value and if he recognizes that free agency is no longer a free-spending jamboree, he might take the qualifying offer. If the Twins are intent on Nick Gordon being their second baseman next season, they won’t want to pay Dozier $18 million to block Gordon, who is hitting .242 at Class AAA Rochester.

I’d keep Dozier and give him a qualifying offer. There is no guarantee Gordon will be ready to hit in the big leagues next year, and this year’s team won’t have a chance to catch Cleveland without Dozier.

“This team is capable of doing something special down the stretch,” Dozier said. “We did it last year.”

I asked Twins Chief Baseball Officer Derek Falvey if last July’s decisions will inform this year’s.

“Year to year, you look at it differently,” he said. “Last year, we felt like there were unique ups and downs. By July 31 you’ve got to make some calls. I looked at it the other day, and 80 percent of the trades that are made in July are made the last four or five days. So we all talk about it for about 45 days, and the reality is that everything gets done the last four or five days.

“We certainly learn more week to week as we go. We haven’t played the way we had hoped to start the year. We’ve played better of late. … There’s lots of things we can continue to learn about our club, but at the same time we have to be open minded about what helps us in the future, to make sure that we’re always thinking about building the right kind of base moving forward.

“I don’t think last year necessarily informs anything about this year other than that we’re always staying open-minded about short-term and long-term decisions.”

Falvey and GM Thad Levine were hired to modernize the baseball department, deepen the farm system, develop pitching and set the franchise up for a decade-long run of success.

This month, Falvey and Levine might be able to do all of that without hurting this team’s chances. The idea is almost as strange as Sunday’s brawling, balking, walking-off victory.

Jim Souhan can be found on Twitter at @Souhanstrib. His podcasts can be heard at MNSPN.com.
Lol "Souhan". He's one of these "Baseball guy's" Pohlad pocket protectors.

Twins need to move anything with value. This team isn't making the playoffs. I have faith these younger guy's get it. They wanted to move on last year and got their hands tied behind their backs.

It's all up to ownership though and never underestimate what Jim might do to sell a few extra thousand tickets on a nightly basis. You know if this was Ryan, we would be "All in" to finish this thing off .500 and call it a victory.

Trade EVERYTHING you can not named Berrios, Romero and Sano.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:06 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:40 pm Try for playoffs or move on to 2019? Twins can do both

JIM SOUHAN

Twins need to move anything with value. This team isn't making the playoffs. I have faith these younger guy's get it. They wanted to move on last year and got their hands tied behind their backs.

It's all up to ownership though and never underestimate what Jim might do to sell a few extra thousand tickets on a nightly basis. You know if this was Ryan, we would be "All in" to finish this thing off .500 and call it a victory.

you can make moves in the off-season. i would keep dozier for the rest of the year and either sign him to a one year deal or let him walk. i'd pick up a relief pitcher if possible and see what happens.

Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Certainly appears they have no long term interest in Dozier so IMO you have GOT to move him and get somethin in return...….GOT to.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

JIM SOUHAN

Who's the liar?
(Forget your pattern for years.....it was exposed in 2 days)

Just 2 days ago in your self-congratulating 8K thread you said:

"Ok bud! I have a bunch of people that would definitely disagree with your statement. Long time posters etc. Your boy's are straight pussies if they don't come here because of me. I rarely post there other than a few random posts.

Many froobs have called you out on the lies. I won't come to Twins chat for a week. Tell your boys and let's see who shows. I bet no one."

You post over 100 times just this month, so far in Twins Chat...

You couldn't make it 2 days without posting in Twins Chat.

Is your bit Jack Hoff going to call you out for lying?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:11 pm

JIM SOUHAN

Post a video of a dude farting. I dig that!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

DANCE FOR ME!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

Cleveland just got Brad Hand. Tight games against the Tribe just got a lot tougher.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am Cleveland just got Brad Hand. Tight games against the Tribe just got a lot tougher.
cleveland does what they needed to do. yep-things got more difficult in trying to chase these guys down.

Ken Rosenthal reports that the San Diego Padres have traded closer Brad Hand and reliever Adam Cimber to the Cleveland Indians. In return the Padres are getting top catching prospect Francisco Mejia.

Hand, the Padres’ All-Star closer, has a 3.05 ERA and 65/15 K/BB ratio and 24 saves over over 44.1 innings of work this season. In addition to helping an Indians bullpen which has struggled mightily this season, Hand will provide an insurance policy for the next two seasons given that both Andrew Miller and Cody Allen are due to hit free agency this winter. Hand, meanwhile, is under contract for this year and next for a total of $13.5 million, with a $10 million club option for 2021.

Cimber is another fine reliever who, along with Hand, suddenly transforms the Indians’ bullpen. He’s a 27-year-old rookie, but he’s been a very useful one this year, posting a 3.17 ERA in 42 games, with a K/BB ratio of 51/10 in 48.1 innings. He’s pitched even better than that of late and has been particularly hard on righties. He’s under team control through 2023.

In Mejia, the Padres are getting the Indians’ top hitting prospect. A catcher — though not necessarily a great defensive one — Mejia has struggled in brief stints in the big leagues thus far but is a .291/.344/.438 hitter in six minor league seasons and, at times, has shown star potential. He turns 23 in October.

A nice piece for the Padres in the long term and an immediate upgrade to the Indians’ bullpen in the short term. In short: a baseball trade.
Last edited by weimy froob on Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corre Ricky Corre

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:24 am Cleveland just got Brad Hand. Tight games against the Tribe just got a lot tougher.
Hand, Miller, and Allen.... Wowza.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Where do we go? Ohhh where do we go now!!!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

To be fair, Cleveland gave up plenty. Mejia is ranked as the #5 prospect in baseball.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

feekdogg wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:44 pm To be fair, Cleveland gave up plenty. Mejia is ranked as the #5 prospect in baseball.
that's what you do though. they're solid solid favorites for the division now and what was looking like their weakness now looks like a real solid back end going into the playoffs. they have a catcher who was in the all-star game and their time to win is right now. they don't look like a pushover to me in the playoffs with their lineup and the upgraded bullpen. they look like they could be a tough out.