Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Where do the Twins go from here?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Where do the Twins go from here?

Post by RubeTube »

I'm for trading most of what we can rid of and I'm reading many saying the same. The question is, what do you want back and what direction are you taking this thing?

It's been on one endless loop of busts, suck and dumpster fire signings for almost a decade.

One thing we know... The Pohlads are not going to spend money. It seems like this team has no direction or plan year after year.

My suggestions....

Trade everything you can other than Sano and Berrios.

Fire Paul Molitor. I'm fine with keeping him for another year or so as we are going to suck anyway.

Sign Joe Mauer back. (Can't believe I'm saying that)

Trade all assets for pitching and every suck year, draft the top pitchers you can. The way this ownership runs this team, it's very unlikely we will good play on both sides. Good pitching can overcome.

This is just one man's musings. Rip away!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Re: Where do the Twins go from here?

Post by RubeTube »

This team hasn't had a are since Johan Santana. Just think about that!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm I'm for trading most of what we can rid of and I'm reading many saying the same. The question is, what do you want back and what direction are you taking this thing?

It's been on one endless loop of busts, suck and dumpster fire signings for almost a decade.

One thing we know... The Pohlads are not going to spend money. It seems like this team has no direction or plan year after year.

My suggestions....

Fire Paul Molitor. I'm fine with keeping him for another year or so as we are going to suck anyway.

Trade all assets for pitching and every suck year, draft the top pitchers you can. The way this ownership runs this team, it's very unlikely we will good play on both sides. Good pitching can overcome.

Could you repost this later in "sober"?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:40 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:13 pm I'm for trading most of what we can rid of and I'm reading many saying the same. The question is, what do you want back and what direction are you taking this thing?

My suggestions....

I'm sorry Goldfinger. I'm typing on a touch screen.

I'm sure you will be right there to read it.

Teh "Tube" is your favorite author.

#FreeReign
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:46 pm

My suggestions....

#FreeReign
If that was the case, he would've been one of my Hall of Fame nominees......not someone I wanted booted a week ago for his hashtag calling for the killing of police.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:10 pm

#FreeReign
If that was the case, he would've been one of my Hall of Fame nominees......not someone I wanted booted a week ago for his hashtag calling for the killing of police.
#TeenageGirlChat
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:17 pm

#FreeReign
#TeenageGirlChat
Listen azz..
You say I should ignore you...great.
stop trolling me then if you are so frickin' noble.

I'll be dead soon enough...just like the cops you want dead.
(Or are you going to pretend now you never said that either)

#FreeReign is accurate though....
You are the one poster, other than Abe, who seems to be able to say....do....offend....and it's all ok.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:30 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:17 pm

#TeenageGirlChat
Listen azz..
You say I should ignore you...great.
stop trolling me then if you are so frickin' noble.

I'll be dead soon enough...just like the cops you want dead.
(Or are you going to pretend now you never said that either)

#FreeReign is accurate though....
You are the one poster, other than Abe, who seems to be able to say....do....offend....and it's all ok.
Just a joke Jack. You came in a thread I started with a smart ass comment and I'm not going to say anything? Just avoid me bro :thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Continue to battle their butts off. :thumbsup:

Is Nick Punto available?
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

I think they have one more push in them to get back to .500, but CLE is going to run away with the division.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Go get Harper & Machado!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i watched the red sox-yankees game saturday night for seven innings when sale shut down the bronx bomber lineup. if buxton and sano are the bust brothers? back to square one. and it's going to take years for them to field a competitive lineup that can compete with either of these two teams. there's so much power with those teams-at least you have the blueprint to what you need to do. good luck.

and that doesn't even go into what you need to do to get the arms to compete with these franchises. it looks bleak to me.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Does it make sense to trade Buxton or Sano? I mean, their values are at an all time low. We can't really win a trade that involves giving up these guys, IMO.

So that said, keep those guys and Barrios, then restart the perpetual Twins rebuild by dumping anyone with a pulse for prospects. With any luck, we can be back to getting swept out of the playoffs by the Yankees by 2022. :drinky:
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Injuries have messed with the mentality but also have shown how easily this team is not mentally stable. It starts with the Manager.

I like Paul and think he is as tough as they get but he isnt able to get the players on the same level.

You need to figure out who you can build with.

I would assume when healthy, you feel fairly comfortable with an outfield of Rosario/Buxton/Kepler.

Who knows what you are going to do with Sano but he isnt going anywhere.

With Polanco coming back, it might mean you can move Escobar if you get value back.

I personally would rather roll with Escobar as everyday 3B and move Sano strictly to 1B-if he every gets his stuff figured out.

Probably cant get anything for Lynn or Logan Morrison at this point. I heard Kyle Gibsons name thrown around and who knows with Ervin and his health.

I dont think any of our guys will get much in return but I am open to ditching them to give young/future guys a shot.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

D_B_U wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:22 pm Injuries have messed with the mentality but also have shown how easily this team is not mentally stable. It starts with the Manager.

I like Paul and think he is as tough as they get but he isnt able to get the players on the same level.

You need to figure out who you can build with.

I would assume when healthy, you feel fairly comfortable with an outfield of Rosario/Buxton/Kepler.

Who knows what you are going to do with Sano but he isnt going anywhere.

With Polanco coming back, it might mean you can move Escobar if you get value back.

I personally would rather roll with Escobar as everyday 3B and move Sano strictly to 1B-if he every gets his stuff figured out.

Probably cant get anything for Lynn or Logan Morrison at this point. I heard Kyle Gibsons name thrown around and who knows with Ervin and his health.

I dont think any of our guys will get much in return but I am open to ditching them to give young/future guys a shot.
there's plenty of hoping in that solution. kepler? can he ever be a top quality major leaguer? buxton? can he learn to hit .250 which would make him an impact player? can sano ever get his stuff figured out?

you roll with these 3 players and you get seasons like you're getting this year? just wasting time. there needs to be some very serious player evaluation this year and off-season.

rosario and escobar are safe if i'm the general manager. buxton's going to get one more season to see if he can turn it around. every other every day player is under the microscope. it feels like a rebuild is the best option to me though.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i think they could cobble a lineup and pitching staff that could compete for the division. i just don't see them being able to compete for a WS without going to a youth movement though. and they have to be able to hit home runs. got a couple of young arms to be build around for the pitching staff.

good luck.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

B-Town wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:14 pm Does it make sense to trade Buxton or Sano? I mean, their values are at an all time low. We can't really win a trade that involves giving up these guys, IMO.

So that said, keep those guys and Barrios, then restart the perpetual Twins rebuild by dumping anyone with a pulse for prospects. With any luck, we can be back to getting swept out of the playoffs by the Yankees by 2022. :drinky:
So sad but so true.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

yankees are stacked. and they're looking for another SP to put them over the top. i'm afraid we might see another run for this organization. i hate seeing them in the WS. winning the WS is even worse. go bosox. go houston. go seattle. hoping for a wildcard exit for this year for the bronx bombers.
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

I am going to quote myself then comment on it.
They need to do what old owner Calvin Griffith did and call up some players from upper 1-A and 2A and start playing them now (even it means losing 100 games for a few years) and it will pay off later. It's not working as it is now so what is the difference ? They won't add any quality players at the trade deadline anyone, haven't since shannon stewart in 2003. Lower the payroll and start from scratch. We are just spinning our wheels.
It's not 1981-'82 anymore but why pay these psc of shat all this money to lose 90 plus games ?
Advance these guys up early, reduce the payroll and re-start like 2000-2001. look at the lineup on the 2002 Twins roster, it was amazing. The players were not in their prime yet but a big payroll team could have kept them together. The payroll now won't ever be enough to buy you anything, but the Royals proved you can catch lightning in a bottle...two seasons in a row so there is a chance.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hummdrum wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:24 pm I am going to quote myself then comment on it.
They need to do what old owner Calvin Griffith did and call up some players from upper 1-A and 2A and start playing them now (even it means losing 100 games for a few years) and it will pay off later. It's not working as it is now so what is the difference ? They won't add any quality players at the trade deadline anyone, haven't since shannon stewart in 2003. Lower the payroll and start from scratch. We are just spinning our wheels.
It's not 1981-'82 anymore but why pay these psc of stat all this money to lose 90 plus games ?
Advance these guys up early, reduce the payroll and re-start like 2000-2001.
The payroll won't ever be enough to buy you anything,
I agree with this. I would bring Lewis etc.. Everyone up next year. Twins won't though because they don't want the contract clock ticking when they will actually have to pay someone. They will sign some scrub who couldn't be any worse than bringing their own talent up and lose 90+ games forma few years claiming "They are not ready yet"

It's done them no good with this approach. Almost all of their top prospects have been busts and sit in the minors way too long. You would think they would change it up but at the end of the day, winning doesn't matter to these owners. It's about saving a dime.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Wilfs! Bwahahahahahaa
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

JPM wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:42 pm Wilfs! Bwahahahahahaa
The Twins haven't won a playoff series since my lousy Wolves. How can you even compare the two?

Your are the type of fool that continues to let the Pohlads do what they do. You are a "good ole boy"

Twins haven't signed a top end free agent in my lifetime haha haha

They don't even pretend to try. You will still show up in your Mauer shersey, kakhi shorts and sandals though.

Lulz
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Nice racial profiling though. Negative on all 3. Wilfs? Cousins? Beahahahahahhabababanah
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

Thanks Sergeant Rubetube for at least supporting my idea whether it would work or not in todays era.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

JPM wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:51 pm Nice racial profiling though. Negative on all 3. Wilfs? Cousins? Beahahahahahhabababanah
They should have opted for the cheaper replacement like the Twins did with Odorrizle and Lynn.

That would be like Mike Glennon and Mark Sanchez lulz.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

That’s funny man.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

JPM wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:56 pm That’s funny man.
Thank you.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

How you like that?

You’ve got to be shittin me.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Hummdrum wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:53 pm Thanks Sergeant Rubetube for at least supporting my idea whether it would work or not in todays era.
:thumbsup:

Too bad we have trolls here who have tried to derail this thread. Some pretty good baseball talk if people can sift through the shit.
Last edited by RubeTube on Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
flexbuffchest

Post by flexbuffchest »

Go the Houston route.
“We will protect the fanbase from Glen Taylor” -Alex Rodriguez.

Marc Lore - “I don’t care if that wrinkly old chicken roaster has a few more hairs on his head than I do, a deal is a deal.”