Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

It's ovah!

A place to discuss the MN Twins
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

It's ovah!

Post by minnemike »

Haven't had as bad of a vibe as I have right now. Pretty sure this weekend will Mark the end. Pitching is the suck between performance and suspension and the bats aren't around

Sure, they could sweep and flip that script completely, but we haven't seen that effort vs the tribe in a while.
weimy froob

Re: It's ovah!

Post by weimy froob »

they're on the road and kepler is supposed to be back. cave too. odo goes tonight and berrios goes on sunday. winning one game would be big. two huge. taking all three and i agree-it's ovah.
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:58 am they're on the road and kepler is supposed to be back. cave too. odo goes tonight and berrios goes on sunday. winning one game would be big. two huge. taking all three and i agree-it's ovah.
:clap:
Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff »

I’d be happy with one win the way it’s going
qrocks

Post by qrocks »

Everything ends at some point. No reason to stop enjoying this season now. Twins are better on the road than at home. Getting some players back. The Twins are still the favorite to win the division.

Stop bitching. Enjoy the team. Take it to Lynx chat if you want to bitch about something.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

qrocks wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 am Everything ends at some point. No reason to stop enjoying this season now. Twins are better on the road than at home. Getting some players back. The Twins are still the favorite to win the division.

Stop bitching. Enjoy the team. Take it to Lynx chat if you want to bitch about something.
THIS! No matter what's happening it's mid-September and the boys are in FIRST PLACE! No one predicted that back in February when pitchers and catchers reported so despite the injury bummer I will watch with hope and enthusiasm....why not?!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

If the Twins go 8-8 down the stretch, Cleveland would need to go 11-4 to force a 1 game playoff. Still like our odds. It'll probably be close though. The Twins FO is getting what they deserve by neglecting their pitching.

Adrianza is out with an oblique now too. Damn injuries
Cripes

Post by Cripes »

Need a good series this weekend. Unfortunately some tough pitching matchups.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Cripes wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am Need a good series this weekend. Unfortunately some tough pitching matchups.
Well yeah, it's Cleveland. There's going to be tough pitching matchups. Luckily we have our two best going this series.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

No, it really isnt.

Cleveland has to sweep and that is not easy to do.

We are banged up but the players also just seem tired. I think you will see a motivated bunch for the next 3 games.

Cleveland can sweep us and we still have a .5 game lead.

We played like piss against Washington but that is a good team.

That all being said, even if we do make the playoffs, I think this team has lost its fight and I assume we get swept by NYY or Hou.
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Whatever.

I'm just glad we aren't 40 games out at this point and bitching about personnel yet. I'm choosing to just enjoy the fact that we're playing meaningful games in mid-September.

That time will come. We'll get ousted by NYY or HOU pretty easily assuming we make it in.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I was actually still feeling pretty good about their chances until I was talking to one of the old timers at work this morning (huge Twins fan, never anything but positive stuff) and he said something along the lines of, "at this point, I almost hope that they don't even make the playoffs". That said, as long as they don't get swept this weekend (which I get is legitimately possible) they still should be in good shape. It sucks because all of this seems a bit unnecessary as the Twins (IMO) have been playing the last couple weeks as if they have a 15 game lead and have had a playoff position cemented for a couple of weeks already. To clarify, I think a lot of these guys are simply being rested and aren't really hurt beyond normal wear and tear that comes this deep into the season and the front office and RB have stubbornly refused to scrap that plan which they should have done when actual injuries began to take their toll and things have gotten tighter.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:46 pm I was actually still feeling pretty good about their chances until I was talking to one of the old timers at work this morning (huge Twins fan, never anything but positive stuff) and he said something along the lines of, "at this point, I almost hope that they don't even make the playoffs". That said, as long as they don't get swept this weekend (which I get is legitimately possible) they still should be in good shape. It sucks because all of this seems a bit unnecessary as the Twins (IMO) have been playing the last couple weeks as if they have a 15 game lead and have had a playoff position cemented for a couple of weeks already. To clarify, I think a lot of these guys are simply being rested and aren't really hurt beyond normal wear and tear that comes this deep into the season and the front office and RB have stubbornly refused to scrap that plan which they should have done when actual injuries began to take their toll and things have gotten tighter.
i think that everybody in that clubhouse knew that this was the weekend to make a statement. even one win is very big. patiently waiting to see what kind of lineup rocco's going to be putting out there-but i feel real good about the idea that they're ready to compete. they know how big this weekend is and if kepler and cave are in the lineup i think they're going to win at least one.
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

Trust the process. Even if we get swept our schedule sets up real nice:

CHW
KC
@DET
@KC
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

minnemike wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am Haven't had as bad of a vibe as I have right now. Pretty sure this weekend will Mark the end. Pitching is the suck between performance and suspension and the bats aren't around

Sure, they could sweep and flip that script completely, but we haven't seen that effort vs the tribe in a while.
The starting pitching has been in the suck all year. Pineda being lost for the rest of the year sucks.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

minnemike wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:56 am Haven't had as bad of a vibe as I have right now. Pretty sure this weekend will Mark the end. Pitching is the suck between performance and suspension and the bats aren't around

Maybe you disappear again. :lol:
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

you're right-it's pretty much ovah.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Well....
That's looking like a solid take.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

jakazz30 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:18 pm

Well....
That's looking like a solid take.
It was. Thanks. They sure flipped the script like we haven't seen in a while. I nailed it!
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Don't quit your day job. :lol:
ForCaleb

Post by ForCaleb »

:lol:
Hummdrum

Post by Hummdrum »

The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 am

Minne, you once told me 5 years ago "dude you have a lot of bits.". Maybe at the time on the old site but none were malicious. I have NO bits, ask Abraham.
Sky Spy in the Sky !
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Hummdrum wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:03 pm
The Replacements wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 am

Minne, you once told me 5 years ago "dude you have a lot of bits.". Maybe at the time on the old site but none were malicious. I have NO bits, ask Abraham.
Good man! I probably had a total of 3 bits in my entire time at RC. Hal2000, inbred kid from deliverance and passive Aggressive Santa (or something like that)

None so far here at froobchat.
Vendetta11

Post by Vendetta11 »

minnemike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:38 am Good man! I probably had a total of 3 bits in my entire time at RC. Hal2000, inbred kid from deliverance and passive Aggressive Santa (or something like that)

LOL - the inbred kid from Deliverance was a great bit.... :lol:

I don't remember the Santa bit though... :thinking:
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Vendetta11 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:55 am
minnemike wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:38 am Good man! I probably had a total of 3 bits in my entire time at RC. Hal2000, inbred kid from deliverance and passive Aggressive Santa (or something like that)

LOL - the inbred kid from Deliverance was a great bit.... :lol:

I don't remember the Santa bit though... :thinking:
It had some other name I can't recall... Bizarro Santa? Sanity Claus?

Just can't remember, but basically it was just a santa at Xmas that went around insulting select rubes and told them they were getting coal for Xmas in various creative ways. Short lived.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

I suppose this thread is relevant again?

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:
D_H

Post by D_H »

minnemike wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:23 am I suppose this thread is relevant again?

3 Straight victories coming up?
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

D_H wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:28 am
minnemike wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:23 am I suppose this thread is relevant again?

3 Straight victories coming up?
Yeah! Let's pump it up in here!!!
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

100 win season and they didn’t even put up a fight. Disgusting
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

I will never believe in this front office. Never. Fuckin pansies.

They will always overvalue their cheap prospects, and have no clue how to put together a pitching staff. David Ortiz and the rest of the FS1 crew were laughing at the Twins. Said we’ll be looking for our game 3 pitcher at Target. Fucking joke.