What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

A place to discuss the MN Twins
Jimtown guy

Re: What do the Twins have to sell for next year?

Post by Jimtown guy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 pm

Hornets wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 pm
Heading into next year the only guy I feel comfortable being in the starting lineup is Polanco. Not Sano, not Buxton, not Kepler, NO ONE ELSE. Good thing is we got a boat load of cash to spend and I think Falvey and Co will surprise us....

On a side note, I think Molitor is gone. Not happy about that, just a gut feeling.
No Rosario? Get out of here
Fly Eagles Fly!!!!!

Hornets

Post by Hornets » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:03 am

Jimtown guy wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:18 pm
Hornets wrote:
Heading into next year the only guy I feel comfortable being in the starting lineup is Polanco. Not Sano, not Buxton, not Kepler, NO ONE ELSE. Good thing is we got a boat load of cash to spend and I think Falvey and Co will surprise us....

On a side note, I think Molitor is gone. Not happy about that, just a gut feeling.
No Rosario? Get out of here
OOPS! Forgot Eddie! Yes, he can come back also!

Hornets

Post by Hornets » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:55 pm

Hornets wrote:

BUMP!

Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:50 am

new concession stand options?

HeHateMe

Post by HeHateMe » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:13 pm

This team has so much room for payroll, I bet they only use about half of it though on new players.
PM to me:
thinktank wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:44 am
FYI you’re on ignore.

:thumbsup:

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm

A Kickass Offense wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:21 pm
Hope.

"Just wait until Lewis and Kriloff arrive!!"

Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

It's the same fucking nightmare year after year.
HEre is my point.... why wait? Why delay? WHat is the point of having mediocrity at best.

Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker, Wade, and Luis Arraez all need to be on the roster day 1 and playing. Our young manager needs to be developing these guys at the major league level. How much the team struggles year one will depend on how the other younger players around them play like Sano, Buxton, Cave, Polanco, Rosario and Kepler. But even if the team loses 100 games like the 1982 Twins, at least it is developing. I woudl rather watch them lose with Lewis and the rest of them playing than Taylor Motter and Bobby Wilson......

The other thing is they need to have Willians Astudillo on the roster. He just seems like a guy they can create a Bob Lurtsema type image for. Have him do the 9 position thing in a game as a promotion, etc.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am

mlhouse wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm
A Kickass Offense wrote:
Hope.

Even on the off chance they they aren't busts once they get here, their best years will be spent playing for a shit ballclub before they are traded away for peanuts.

HEre is my point.... why wait? Why delay? WHat is the point of having mediocrity at best.

Lewis, Kirilloff, Rooker, Wade, and Luis Arraez all need to be on the roster day 1 and playing. Our young manager needs to be developing these guys at the major league level. How much the team struggles year one will depend on how the other younger players around them play like Sano, Buxton, Cave, Polanco, Rosario and Kepler. But even if the team loses 100 games like the 1982 Twins, at least it is developing. I woudl rather watch them lose with Lewis and the rest of them playing than Taylor Motter and Bobby Wilson......

The other thing is they need to have Willians Astudillo on the roster. He just seems like a guy they can create a Bob Lurtsema type image for. Have him do the 9 position thing in a game as a promotion, etc.
I agree but the Twins never do this. They don't want the clocks to start ticking on these guy's contracts.

They will play a bunch of turds while losing 90+ and tell us "The young guy's are not ready" meanwhile the turds they are playing have never been ready to play either.

They will tehn make sure to keep these guys in the minors so long thag they are guaranteed to be a bust by the time they come up.

#TwinsWay
Teh "Tube" AKA Big Poppa Pump. MnRubeCentral Prison Sergeant.

R.I.P. Brother Thurman Blevins Jr

#BlackLivesMatter

Someone tell Trump, Teh Tube wants to shit in his mouth.

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:48 am

HeHateMe wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:13 pm
This team has so much room for payroll, I bet they only use about half of it though on new players.
We should jump for joy if they even spend half of it. :naners:
Teh "Tube" AKA Big Poppa Pump. MnRubeCentral Prison Sergeant.

R.I.P. Brother Thurman Blevins Jr

#BlackLivesMatter

Someone tell Trump, Teh Tube wants to shit in his mouth.

Sellingguy

Post by Sellingguy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am

some prince jerseys should do it.

Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 am

Sellingguy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am
Already had "Prince night" last season. I'm hoping for some sick Bangles or B-52's branded merch.

D_H

Post by D_H » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 pm

HeHateMe wrote:
Yep

That's why I refuse to go to a game - ownership is laughing all the way to the bank. They could care less about winning.

Jack Hoff

Post by Jack Hoff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 pm

D_H wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 pm
HeHateMe wrote:
Yep

That's why I refuse to go to a game - ownership is laughing all the way to the bank. They could care less about winning.
You are to busy reading liberal garbage to go to a game :lol:

mlhouse

Post by mlhouse » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:51 am

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am
mlhouse wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:57 pm
A Kickass Offense wrote:
Hope.

I agree but the Twins never do this. They don't want the clocks to start ticking on these guy's contracts.

They will play a bunch of turds while losing 90+ and tell us "The young guy's are not ready" meanwhile the turds they are playing have never been ready to play either.

They will tehn make sure to keep these guys in the minors so long thag they are guaranteed to be a bust by the time they come up.

#TwinsWay
I think the Twins are the only organization in MLB that hopes their top prospects never amount to much because the "clock is ticking" then they will have to pay them. THis has cost the team as they will not develop players at teh major league level like they did in their previous rebuilds.

This has been going on for a long damn time and I have pointed out numerous examples. Go back a long time ago and look at Justin Mourneau because most of our prospects follow similar paths. He was 18 in his draft year 1999 and like a lot of high school prospects started in the low Rookie league. Then, despite a .302 batting average Mourneau started the 2000 season at teh same level and in 226 of low rookie increased his BA by 100 points, to .402, with a OPS of 1.087. That moved him up a level in 2001, and he hit .356 to start the year in A ball, had a .821 OPS in A+, and got in 10 games in AA. Sometimes you can only be so conservative so unlike a lot of players they kept him in AA. He pounded the ball in AA, moved up to AAA and got 40 games with the Twins as a 22 year old. His first 40 games were not stellar, just a .664 OPS, so of course the Twins decided he needed to prove he can smash minor league pitching more and he started the 2004 season in AAA.

WHen he was called up, he only hit 19 home runs and had a .875 OPS, but the Twins would rather have a weak hitting Doug Mientkiewicz at first, great fielder you know. Two years later Mourneau is the MVP.

Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:41 am

Sergeant Rubetube wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:47 am

#TwinsWay
:lol:
Spoiler:
:|

Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:44 am

Miley Cyrus wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:16 am
Sellingguy wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:12 am
Already had "Prince night" last season. I'm hoping for some sick Bangles or B-52's branded merch.
maybe they could start having post game concerts
washed up 80's hair bands :thumbsup:

Slim Shady

Post by Slim Shady » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:18 pm

a month into the season they could talk Iron Joe out of retirement, that's good for 3-4 "Welcome Back Joe" weekends :thumbsup:

Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:08 pm

Definitely not Kennys Vargas.