Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Ponds update!

NHL Chat
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Ponds update!

Post by RubeTube »

Told you boys I would be back with another update on these ponds. She was sure struggling in September boy's. She didn't know if it was Summer or Fall. Things have settled down and she is starting to keep that Fall current flowing before her beautiful body turns to a icy glaze that we will be blade running all winter. Eh boy's she really gives a full body to skate, gotta respect ya know!

Eh boy's, i went and drudged the beautiful bitch to get my couple pucks and my old CCM back. She has them in her belly know though. Eh boys, she can be nasty when she needs to be huh? I have keeping you boys updated on the ponds the last few years. I'll be back at first freeze!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Re: Ponds update!

Post by weimy froob »

plenty of fresh rain added to the ponds yesterday and early this morning. it should bode well for this winter's shinny games. just sharpen up the blades one time and you should be good to go for the whole season.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

the super tacks still do the job. next year i'll take the little guy out on a pond for his first skate. two years is old enough to start skating-right?
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:41 am the super tacks still do the job. next year i'll take the little guy out on a pond for his first skate. two years is old enough to start skating-right?

Eh you are never too young to enjoy what she offers. Eh she loves when the young lads lace them up and use her. Ya know, that might be the next person who grows up skating her every year. The ponds will always have a appreciation for you.

Those rains eh boys? That rain sure cleaned her out. That ice is going to be crystal clear and glare eh. Couple more rains and we should have some glare ice.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

glare ice on the ponds. pack a lunch and spend the whole day playing hockey on the winter prairie. it's been done before and will be done again.

ruff ruff
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:05 am glare ice on the ponds. pack a lunch and spend the whole day playing hockey on the winter prairie. it's been done before and will be done again.

ruff ruff
What a beautiful picture of her eh. Nothing like hopping in the old 1973 Ford pickup and heading out to a spot like that. Make sure the paths are groomed to her boy's. Don't want you all getting stuck now!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Sometimes I like to play a little George Thorgood in the truck on my way to the pond. Eh, sometimes she makes some cracks boys. Gotta love that sound eh?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ice should be ready this weekend on the ponds.

ruff ruff
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

ponds thawing the last couple of days. stay off the ice!

ruff ruff
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

this is the week for the ponds to do their winter thing. let's play hockey!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

i watched the kids playing a game of pond hockey yesterday afternoon-walking out on the ice to take in some of the action myself.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

It's time to carve her up ehh boys? I watched her form to a beautiful glaze on what seemed like the blink of a eye. Oh yes boy's she's ready to skate! The hockey mom's got that bush growing strong this time of year! Pizza night for the local gladiators is what it's all about ehh!
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 pm It's time to carve her up ehh boys? I watched her form to a beautiful glaze on what seemed like the blink of a eye. Oh yes boy's she's ready to skate! The hockey mom's got that bush growing strong this time of year! Pizza night for the local gladiators is what it's all about ehh!

RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:36 pm
Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:18 pm It's time to carve her up ehh boys? I watched her form to a beautiful glaze on what seemed like the blink of a eye. Oh yes boy's she's ready to skate! The hockey mom's got that bush growing strong this time of year! Pizza night for the local gladiators is what it's all about ehh!

:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

These ponds are about to be glorious boys! Ehh. The glare sheets are really going to form in this cold snap ehh. A nice dumping of snow always penetrates her reall good boys! If you are going out to the ponds, put some chains on those tires. She is lovely been can be nasty to a feller! Ehh
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Love these cold streaks. Sometimes I just watch Mystery Alaska over and over while i drink cocoa. Hoping to finally get the dvd this xmas to replace this worn out VHS tape. Ehh
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The ponds were a creaking boy's ehh. This winter freeze has turned her body hard and cold, kinda like the wife ehh lol. She's sure glare out there ya know. Sometimes sounds like a shotgun goes off but it's just her making ice. Boy's, when I hear the ice creak, i know she's ready for me to skate her ya know? You can take the pickup truck down there but don't get stuck boy's, me and Bobby can't help, we are already playing darts and drinking Molsons ehh.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The ponds should have a few extra layers of glare this year huh boy's ehh? She's been such a deep freeze, the tape on on my Easton has become brittle. I think we may be able to get a few extra weeks out of her this winter ehh. What do ya say boy's?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Ehh boy's! Seemed just like yesterday we were talking about the ponds catching her first bit of action. Before ya know it, she's going to be water.

My buddy already hit a sink hole and lost his CCM skate. She will do that to ya huh boy's? Ehh.
She can be a unrelenting hussy when she feels the need. Get out and skate it while you still can.

Hockey mom's are shaving that winter bush as we speak. You know that's the end of the season when that clam looks like a baby's bottom! Ehh boy's?
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

lots of snow melt-but ponds still in relatively good shape for some late season skates. take full advantage while you can.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:13 am lots of snow melt-but ponds still in relatively good shape for some late season skates. take full advantage while you can.
:thumbsup:
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

The notices are out to take the shacks off the ponds boy's! Don't be a smart aleck out there ehh. I like to rope em in while I listen to some Thorogood. Sometimes I just pull em in for people boy's ehh. Love seeing that beautiful untouched glaze she's been sittin on all winter. This time of the year, there isn't much left untouched on the beauty boy's

I never use a chain. Always a rope. 100% nylon ehh. These cords I got now boy's, military grade parachute cord. She aint gonna give a inch boy's! But ya better cut her enough slack ehh.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it was probably the last best chance to get on the ponds this morning. haul the shovel down and scrape off some snow and you'll be skating on a nice re-freeze on almost every pond north of northfield. it does look like there'll be some ice melt this week starting with this afternoon once the sun works thru that snow insulation.

ruff ruff
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm it was probably the last best chance to get on the ponds this morning. haul the shovel down and scrape off some snow and you'll be skating on a nice re-freeze on almost every pond north of northfield. it does look like there'll be some ice melt this week starting with this afternoon once the sun works thru that snow insulation.

ruff ruff
Unbelievable we can still be talking about this frozen beauty in yet in almost mid April eh. The skates are going to need a good sharpenen after this one weimy. Eh
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:17 pm
weimy froob wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:12 pm it was probably the last best chance to get on the ponds this morning. haul the shovel down and scrape off some snow and you'll be skating on a nice re-freeze on almost every pond north of northfield. it does look like there'll be some ice melt this week starting with this afternoon once the sun works thru that snow insulation.

ruff ruff
Unbelievable we can still be talking about this frozen beauty in yet in almost mid April eh. The skates are going to need a good sharpenen after this one weimy. Eh
a skate in the morning and then attend a twins game in the evening. a pretty nice day-eh?
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Editorial: Don't be skating on thin ice

If you have the "Charlie Brown Christmas" music handy, turn it on now and select "Skating." The Vince Guaraldi Trio's light, joyful tune evokes emotions of how outdoor winter fun is supposed to be ... glide, spin and do it again.

And while you perhaps reminisce, resolve to talk with children in your life about ice safety.

Ice thickness varies greatly on lakes, ponds and rivers throughout Minnesota and Wisconsin. Some bodies of water have no ice, others have a thin glaze, and "up north" the ice may appear firmly solid — but ice is never 100 percent safe.

Here are some guidelines that can help minimize the risks:

• Wear a life jacket on the ice (except when in a vehicle).

• Supervise children around ice.

• Caution children to stay off ponds, streams, and other bodies of water.

• Remember that a coating of ice on a pond or lake does not mean it can support even a child's light weight.

• Before heading out, inquire about conditions and known hazards with local experts.

• Check ice thickness at regular intervals — conditions can change quickly.

• Avoid channels and rivers.

The minimum ice thickness guidelines for new, clear ice are:

• 4 inches for ice fishing or other activities on foot.

• 5-7 inches for a snowmobile or all-terrain vehicle.

• 8-12 inches for a car or small pickup.

• 12-15 inches for a medium truck.

• Double these minimums for white or ice covered with heavy snow.

We wince and laugh at when Lucy cracks the whip and the skating mishap ends with a tree dumping snow on the hapless Charlie Brown, but breaking through the ice is no laughing matter. Practicing basic ice precautions, teach children when they're young and they, too, will enjoy creating lasting and heart-warming memories.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Wow nelly eh. Went and visited my favorite beauty this afternoon. She's feeling the repercussions of mother nature. Her creaks were like a groan boy's eh.

She is getting a little a rest from the skates that have been choppin her up this winter. Her body boy's, her body looks scarred, battered and bruised. She's enjoying this rest though.

I played a little Thurgood for her while I popped the chain on the hitch.

She's aware of these record colds. Don't think she aint.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

STFU
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Jaamz wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:10 pmSTFU
You are a modern day Shakespeare!

Hopefully the mods can clean this up. Year and a half and we have had a nice and clean thread. Congrats looking like a complete dope.
Last edited by RubeTube on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »