Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Parise

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Re: Parise

Post by Sellingguy »

because opening up the back and fucking with it is a last resort thing.
And yeah he can expect to take the hit and not worry, but bending over can fuck it up. its that goofy in how it acts.
Not to take away from your broken back, but the disks are not something you just rip open and fix.
This surgery is not a 100% fix. Back issues are a death blow to athletes. he is not going to be able to compete.
Lets just hope he is smart enough to understand that.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:27 pm because opening up the back and fucking with it is a last resort thing.
And yeah he can expect to take the hit and not worry, but bending over can fuck it up. its that goofy in how it acts.
Not to take away from your broken back, but the disks are not something you just rip open and fix.
This surgery is not a 100% fix. Back issues are a death blow to athletes. he is not going to be able to compete.
Lets just hope he is smart enough to understand that.
I understand and agree 100%. Disks are a bitch. My dad has had two disks out for roughly 25 years. He can go 3-4 weeks without an issue then one day he gets off a chair and his back is out for a day or two.

With that being said, if that's what a bad disk or two can do...did Zach and crew really think the disk would hold up all season? I just have a hard time believing the "wait & see/rehab" method was the best choice to prolong Zach's career when I'm assuming they knew it was that bad and the way Parise plays in front of the net.

It's like a pitcher who has a sore shoulder opting for rehab rather than getting the surgery. He rehabs for 2 months, pitches 2 games, and the shoulder starts to bug him again and he's out for another 6 months. The rehab option on arms and backs NEVER works.

Best of luck to Parise. Sadly, I don't think he makes it another 2 seasons.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Michael Russo

@RussoHockey
Parise indicated plan is he won’t play this weekend for #mnwild but hopes to play by homestand that starts Jan. 2. He did say he’s looking at possibly New Year’s Day game here, but I’m (me talking) not positive that’ll be allowed by NHL.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Parise will be in the lineup tomorrow. Hopefully he stays there for the remainder of the season.

“Good to go. All looks good, and I’ve got the green light,” Parise pronounced after a hard-skating, physical New Year’s Day practice at Xcel Energy Center. “I’m really excited. I’ve been looking forward to this for awhile. I’m glad it’s finally here. It’s been a lot of work, but I’m glad to get a chance to play (Tuesday).”
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:47 pm Parise will be in the lineup tomorrow. Hopefully he stays there for the remainder of the season.

“Good to go. All looks good, and I’ve got the green light,” Parise pronounced after a hard-skating, physical New Year’s Day practice at Xcel Energy Center. “I’m really excited. I’ve been looking forward to this for awhile. I’m glad it’s finally here. It’s been a lot of work, but I’m glad to get a chance to play (Tuesday).”
Over/Under 3 weeks before he misses time.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Parise: "I haven’t moved this well in a long time on the ice and it just feels good to be healthy again. Been chasing it for a while now. But it’s been a couple years since I’ve felt this good out there.”
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:46 am Parise: "I haven’t moved this well in a long time on the ice and it just feels good to be healthy again. Been chasing it for a while now. But it’s been a couple years since I’ve felt this good out there.”
Let's hope this is right. I'm giving Zach a pass for the rest of this season and if he continues to avoid the health issues I would look for a strong 2018-19 campaign. Maybe even by playoff time he not only FEELS better but also PLAYS better.....we need him.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Russo confirmed that Parise been has playing on a broken foot since blocking a shot in February and a torn meniscus. They’re not sure if the tear came against Wilson or if it happened earlier... but he can confirm that he injured his MCL on the Wilson hit.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:28 pm Russo confirmed that Parise been has playing on a broken foot since blocking a shot in February and a torn meniscus. They’re not sure if the tear came against Wilson or if it happened earlier... but he can confirm that he injured his MCL on the Wilson hit.
Zach is a frickin warrior and if the above info is correct then, wow! Guy put up solid numbers this year and I am hopeful that he could give us at least 2-3 similar seasons minimum and then get whatever we can the last couple years of the contract.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: