Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Parise

A place to discuss the MN Wild
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Parise

Post by RubeTube »

Hockey is ridiculous with these contracts. You have a guy who is pretty much shot with almost 10 years left on his deal lulz.

That's why the only Hockey I do now involes the small town ponds and my VHS copy of Mystery Alaska.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Now Parise will miss tonight's game. This in my opinion will be a common theme all season I'm afraid.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Next man up...oh wait.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:46 am Now Parise will miss tonight's game. This in my opinion will be a common theme all season I'm afraid.
And JimmyT this will probably be a theme for the rest of his career..... :irked: :irked:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

His contract is looking like complete shit right now. Hopefully in future years he swallows his pride and goes on LTIR so we can at least get some cap relief...
ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Introduced him, in uniform, tonight. I thought wtf? is he playing? It was just a first home game feel good kind of thing.
Leon2.0

Post by Leon2.0 »

Justin Kase wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:56 pm Introduced him, in uniform, tonight. I thought wtf? is he playing? It was just a first home game feel good kind of thing.
they did the same with Granlund ...i was at the X and thought it was weird that they skated out with the team and we all knew they were not playing
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 pm Season has yet to start and already having back problems. Hopefully it's minimal.
https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/bre ... red?ref=jo
Thinking he should just hang it up. Retire, save the team some cap space to improve the team. He's no good if he's not 100%.
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Left practice early today. This will never end good.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Feel bad for Zach. The guy certainly wants to get out there with his teammates but the back just won't let him....not a good situation....not good at all.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

It's OVER
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

On a positive......
Granny might be back earlier than expected...
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Parise is now contemplating back surgery. If so he'd be out at least 2 months.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:10 pm Parise is now contemplating back surgery. If so he'd be out at least 2 months.
Eee Gads! The news keeps gettin worser and worser on Zach. Yeah, if he gets it done he's toast till after the New Year....UGH. The only positive that I can take from this issue is that it almost feels like Zach has been completely erased from the team and it's pretty well figured that he isn't a part of things. If he does happen to come back and contribute this year it will be a bonus!
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

It sucks but rather than it lingering forever, just rip off the Band-Aid so to speak, have the surgery and hopefully be done with the problems.

Hopefully the team will be competitive in his absence and his return will just be a nice bonus.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:10 pm Parise is now contemplating back surgery. If so he'd be out at least 2 months.
So they were obviously lying when him and the team were saying it was a knee issue that prevented him from starting the season. Having said that, I'm not sure why this wasn't done at some point during one of the last few offseasons, not least of which the one that just concluded to hopefully put this issue to bed once and for all, even if it doesn't really work, at least we'll all know.

Honestly, since the backs problems I've pretty much set my expectations for him as an injury plagued player who when he does play is an above average player, and that's pretty much what he's been. In other words, anything you get out of him is a bonus at this point, but it's tough to count on him, even if it's through no fault of his own. If and when he does play, the Wild will be a better team with him in the lineup, but I don't think a long term absence will cripple this team by any means.
Straight Edge Raven

Post by Straight Edge Raven »

I think KARE said he has had the problem since 15/16 seeason... why would you wait 2 years for a 2 month recovery.
Slava Ukraini
The dildo of consequences rarely arrives lubed
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Love Parise but IN before the Announcers say that having him back is just like making a deadline trade for a Top 6 player but we didn’t have to give up anything!
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

INSIJS wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm Love Parise but IN before the Announcers say that having him back is just like making a deadline trade for a Top 6 player but we didn’t have to give up anything!
:lol:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Straight Edge Raven wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm I think KARE said he has had the problem since 15/16 seeason... why would you wait 2 years for a 2 month recovery.
Cause hockey players have to idiotically grit things out. With a contract like that, ownership/management should have stepped in an protected their investment...maybe they didnt have to do it exactly 2 years and 2 months ago, but maybe you check in with him in the offseason...Instead, it just lingers and gets worse and worse.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Oh Canada
***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Oh Canada »

from the link above.

October 23, 2017 10:41 PM

Wild forward Zach Parise is scheduled to undergo back surgery on Tuesday, a source tells KSTP Sports.

The surgery and subsequent recovery will keep Parise out of the Wild's lineup for at least 6-8 weeks.

Parise has been feeling pain going back to before training camp and has yet to play in any of the Wild's six games. The pain had subsided for a stretch, but again flared up early last week when he was forced to leave a practice early.

Parise, 33, was forced to miss the 2016 playoffs due to a back injury.
Queen
She/Her/No penis/NOT ABE
RIP J xoxo
Oh Canada
***Official 2020 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by Oh Canada »

by Minnesota Wild @mnwild / Wild.com
24 minutes ago

ST. PAUL -- Minnesota Wild General Manager Chuck Fletcher announced forward Zach Parise underwent successful microdisectomy surgery Tuesday by Dr. Kevin Mullaney at TRIA Orthopaedic Center. Parise is expected to return to play in approximately 8-10 weeks.
Queen
She/Her/No penis/NOT ABE
RIP J xoxo
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

INSIJS wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:22 pm Love Parise but IN before the Announcers say that having him back is just like making a deadline trade for a Top 6 player but we didn’t have to give up anything!
:clap:
Ketchup can be nuancy
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Over/under 100 more games played in Parise's career?
Ketchup can be nuancy
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Is this to repair the herniated disk he played through at the end of last season?

If so...why the fuck wasn't this done the week the Wild were eliminated from the playoffs?
DMB

Post by DMB »

The timing is swell.
Semper Fi
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm Is this to repair the herniated disk he played through at the end of last season?

If so...why the fuck wasn't this done the week the Wild were eliminated from the playoffs?
His back felt fine all summer, and still does. When he had his recent 'setback', it was his leg that began bothering him. (caused by the disk in his back)
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

If you have never dealt with back issues, you need to just be quiet.

I can feel fine for weeks, months, and then have something slip. It might be fine tomorrow, it might take a month, or I might have to go get adjusted. I have had 2 injuries to my back that surgery will not fix. As the docs said at Mayo...you have been hard on your back. Sucks to be you.

Look at the pounding his back takes around the net, and this is not surprising. Sadly, I think its time for zach to call it a career.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Lenny5160 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:06 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm Is this to repair the herniated disk he played through at the end of last season?

His back felt fine all summer, and still does. When he had his recent 'setback', it was his leg that began bothering him. (caused by the disk in his back)
I get all that but if they knew the disk was fucked, why not get it taken care of if not for quality of life? Obviously the disk is shot if tying his skates is the thing that aggravated it. What did he expect if he stepped on the ice to get cross-checked in front of the net or thrown into the boards by a 6'2 215 pound defenseman?

And yes, I can talk about having a bad back as I broke mine in 3 spots when I was crushed in a conveyor belt at work May 25, 2016.