Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Pavelski? Um.....NO

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

Pavelski? Um.....NO

Post by Hornets »

Threw up in my mouth a bit when I heard the Wild might make a push for Joe. If this was 2013 I'd be thrilled to death, but it's 2019, he's 34, and this team has GOT to get younger and faster. Unless the front office truly thinks we are a player or two away from a Cup run (insert LOL's here) then you DO NOT go after ANYONE older than 30. Are you with me Hole Nova??!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jaamz

Re: Pavelski? Um.....NO

Post by Jaamz »

Heatley 2.0
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Wild? Bwahahhahaaa
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Sid Hartman

Post by Sid Hartman »

When does Fenton get canned?
Zimmer1: seriously you were the sperm that won?
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Agree.

Good thing is he don’t want the wild.
So no worries.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

With Joe Pavelski looking like he’s heading to the Dallas Stars, the Minnesota Wild have once again started to turn their focus onto other free-agent forwards, especially the man Pavelski conceivably could be replacing in Dallas.

According to multiple sources, the Wild have expressed serious interest in veteran winger Mats Zuccarello and are prepared to offer him a lucrative long-term contract.

In addition to Zuccarello, the Wild have also expressed interest in free agents Anders Lee and Wayne Simmonds

https://theathletic.com/1054644/2019/06 ... n-hartman/
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:11 pm With Joe Pavelski looking like he’s heading to the Dallas Stars, the Minnesota Wild have once again started to turn their focus onto other free-agent forwards, especially the man Pavelski conceivably could be replacing in Dallas.

According to multiple sources, the Wild have expressed serious interest in veteran winger Mats Zuccarello and are prepared to offer him a lucrative long-term contract.

In addition to Zuccarello, the Wild have also expressed interest in free agents Anders Lee and Wayne Simmonds

https://theathletic.com/1054644/2019/06 ... n-hartman/
Id be good with Mats. Basically another Grandlund or PMB. Not much of a goal scorer but nifty little player.

Anders has goal scorer pop.

Wayne gives us some toughness and grit.

Really we could use all 3. Maybe we can snag 2 of em.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

If they're rebuilding and resigned to that fate why the hell even mess around with any of these guys? This is why so many Wild fans getting wood over Fenton "freeing up a lot of capspace" was a ludicrous position to take, no offense. Guys like Pavelski, Karlsson or even Lee are and always were pipe dreams even if they had the money. Or were you really salivating over the thought of Mats Zuccarello signing with the Wild?
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Only big name that interests me is Duche and he ain't coming here sooo....take this free agency off. Sign a few 1-2 year filler contracts and save some fucking money.

Enough of this half in/half out stuff. Either do this rebuild or keep in purgatory and miss the playoffs by 5 points and end up picking in the middle of the first.

There's not one player in this FA crop that will make this team a contender. So take this year off and wait for Kap, maybe the Boldy kid, and get some of the other young guys ready for 2020-2021
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

I think I like the Zuc thing more than all the other names that have come up. His PPG rate has been consistent and not begun to dip.

Simmonds just came off a bad scoring season. Maybe a blip, or maybe his playing style causes him to start aging in dog years.

Pavelski hasn't missed a beat yet, but he's 4 years older than the guys above and his day is coming. Great player that I have a lot of respect for, but the term is scary.

I'm sure any of these contracts will look bad by the end. In my mind I think the Zuc deal has the best chance to have the fewest 'bad' years.

I don't quite get the Hartman deal, but it's two years and fairly cheap. Seems like a deal they could unload at any time they feel the need.

An hour and 10 minutes to go until the floodgates open! I read a tweet that said the Canadiens were presenting an offer sheet to someone. Should be interesting!
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path