Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Mike Modano

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

Mike Modano

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Thank you for coming to work for the Wild. The "grooming" of a REAL Hockey player is in place. The greatest Era/Era's of hockey/hockey players is coming back round to run NHL teams.

Not sure if you heard Modo on KFAN, but he aint coming here, relocating the fam to be a sales man. He's coming here to make some sh-t happen in the near future. (he'll start on the marketing/sales side and segway in to waiving his REAL hockey DONG around)

The prettiest man in hockey pinpointed the Wild and didn't pull no punches. Said they haven't had a "threat"-type NHL player since Gaborik left. And that the current team is a work-hard-collective group that has to bust their ass in March just to make the playoffs and that Owner Daddy is sick of it and wants Modo to identify his own ILK (Modano-superstar) and let him know.

In a few years I may just start liking this team again. Member when the Wild proganda machine shoved "we have many superstars" down your throats.

Well a real-man All Time Great, just told MN, "No you don't, never did".

ManCrush-Modano.

Maybe he'll call Hole-Nova-Level for some advice NOT Gus Munger????
salamander

Re: Mike Modano

Post by salamander »

I loved Gaborik and was pissed when he didn't come back. (Not with the team, just with the whole situation.)

He is my all time favorite Wild player. I remember watching that 5 goal game with my step dad. He was sooooo close to getting the double hat trick. The goalie knew the one-timer was coming and slide over to block Gaborik before the pass was even made to Gaborik. It was a WIDE OPEN net and an easy goal but we were way up and how can you pass up an assist on someone's 6th goal of the night? Smart play by the goalie. Such a fun game.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
Hole Nova Level

Gaborik was built to play hockey, one of the best straight line strides the game has ever seen.

The breakaway gives you the perfect view of his amazing nearly 90-degree angle, back to-hip to-stride, which few players are have are able to do (Jack Eichel is the only once I've seen since Gabby).
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:55 pm Gaborik was built to play hockey, one of the best straight line strides the game has ever seen.

The breakaway gives you the perfect view of his amazing nearly 90-degree angle, back to-hip to-stride, which few players are have are able to do (Jack Eichel is the only once I've seen since Gabby).
I dunno….Harold Snepts had that same stride!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

salamander wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:07 pm I loved Gaborik and was pissed when he didn't come back. (Not with the team, just with the whole situation.)

He is my all time favorite Wild player. I remember watching that 5 goal game with my step dad. He was sooooo close to getting the double hat trick. The goalie knew the one-timer was coming and slide over to block Gaborik before the pass was even made to Gaborik. It was a WIDE OPEN net and an easy goal but we were way up and how can you pass up an assist on someone's 6th goal of the night? Smart play by the goalie. Such a fun game.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
a good watch there. :thumbsup:
Hole Nova Level

What am I missing why won’t they just give the gig to modano?!?!

His hockey peers are either already a gm or in the running for other gm gigs.

Only the wild would miss on this. He’s already here!!!

Wtf is the point?!?!?

He’s got as good/better pedigree than his peers doing the gig or going for it.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

I got to see Modano's first career NHL goal at the Met Center just almost 30 years ago.

Huge North Stars fan, I abandoned the NHL when the Stars left for Dallas.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

I think Modano could be the next Yzerman. Wouldn’t that be nice.
Hole Nova Level

Bill f-ckin Guerin?!?!?!?

How don't they just hand the keys over to Modo????
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Rangers denied the Wild a chance to speak with Chris Drury. Why does it feel like the entire NHL community is constantly giving the Wild a:

Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I don't disagree with the idea in principle and I know he has some experience working the Stars from office, but it seems that it was a bit more of a symbolic position more than anything else. Long story short, how much experience does he actually have in this area?
Hole Nova Level

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm I don't disagree with the idea in principle and I know he has some experience working the Stars from office, but it seems that it was a bit more of a symbolic position more than anything else. Long story short, how much experience does he actually have in this area?
True GM experience is zero in that regard.

Some oddoties at play here:

Modano is moving the fam. He didn't come here to be a mascot. I think he came here with the intention of gaining and becoming an Yzerman-like figure-head GM and MN would be, if nothing else his starting point to that career.

Modano was to be in "training" with Fenton, that ship has sank...so now what? Modano is also going to be a "key" cog in the hiring of the new GM. The new GM is very likely to be his hockey peers, Guerin, Mellanby, Drury, etc... Modo was twice the player and captain of a Stanley cup winning team, why not just cut to the chase. Modano knows hockey, he IS grade A pedigree, he knows how big and strong and tough your D-core need to be (see Stars winning Cup team, Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor- off the top of my head). The first thing he said in his interview with Barriero was that this team hasn't had a "stud/superstar" since Gaborik. He's saying that with and in the face of this team having 2 100-mill players on the roster- he see's thru that.

Give him the gig now. He's got the looks, the moxy, the swagger, can talk, can charm, HOF'er respect amongst the NHL community, he can call any GM in the league and talk. Etc.

It's a no brainer.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:57 am
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:26 pm I don't disagree with the idea in principle and I know he has some experience working the Stars from office, but it seems that it was a bit more of a symbolic position more than anything else. Long story short, how much experience does he actually have in this area?

Modano is moving the fam. He didn't come here to be a mascot. I think he came here with the intention of gaining and becoming an Yzerman-like figure-head GM and MN would be, if nothing else his starting point to that career.

Modano was to be in "training" with Fenton, that ship has sank...so now what? Modano is also going to be a "key" cog in the hiring of the new GM. The new GM is very likely to be his hockey peers, Guerin, Mellanby, Drury, etc... Modo was twice the player and captain of a Stanley cup winning team, why not just cut to the chase. Modano knows hockey, he IS grade A pedigree, he knows how big and strong and tough your D-core need to be (see Stars winning Cup team, Hatcher, Zubov, Sydor- off the top of my head). The first thing he said in his interview with Barriero was that this team hasn't had a "stud/superstar" since Gaborik. He's saying that with and in the face of this team having 2 100-mill players on the roster- he see's thru that.

Give him the gig now. He's got the looks, the moxy, the swagger, can talk, can charm, HOF'er respect amongst the NHL community, he can call any GM in the league and talk. Etc.

It's a no brainer.
Let’s Go :thumbsup:
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:57 am

It's a no brainer.
Not that I had much objection to begin with, but I'm sold! Hope he's more like Yzerman and less like Sakic (although Sakic at least seems to have learned from his early mistakes as GM)
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

I vote HNL for GM if Modano isn't the guy.
Lampin'
Hole Nova Level

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:58 am I vote HNL for GM if Modano isn't the guy.
Exactly!

Like I said in my original post Modo can always ask me for my opinion.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

What is taking so long filling this position? Somethin is amiss.....
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Hornets wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 pm What is taking so long filling this position? Somethin is amiss.....
Patience is a virtue.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:15 pm What is taking so long filling this position? Somethin is amiss.....
The Wild owner is no longer to be trusted at this time. This is a big-time juncture for the Wild org. With the Stanley Cup no longer an option via the Parise and Suter signings and the dismantling of "the core" (which were the selling point to get baby Zach and Bryan here) and after the firing of fly-by-night Fenton the Wild at the very least, have to finally make a correct decision. Baby Zach and Bryan signings-miss, Fenton-miss...they need a homerun.

Just sayin. Modano is the only "hope" in that building right now. Even if they don't choose him (which they should) he's at least in "the room" helping guide and make decisions.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am
The Wild owner is no longer to be trusted at this time. This is a big-time juncture for the Wild org. With the Stanley Cup no longer an option via the Parise and Suter signings and the dismantling of "the core" (which were the selling point to get baby Zach and Bryan here) and after the firing of fly-by-night Fenton the Wild at the very least, have to finally make a correct decision. Baby Zach and Bryan signings-miss, Fenton-miss...they need a homerun.

Just sayin. Modano is the only "hope" in that building right now. Even if they don't choose him (which they should) he's at least in "the room" helping guide and make decisions.
Let's be honest Hole, you and the rest of us puck rubes don't have a clue about the ability of Modano to be a top GM. In your mind, just because he was a good playa and good looking that qualifies him for the jobs. Maybe he COULD be good, but we don't know.....NONE of us do! :naners:
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:20 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:16 am

Let's be honest Hole, you and the rest of us puck rubes don't have a clue about the ability of Modano to be a top GM. In your mind, just because he was a good playa and good looking that qualifies him for the jobs. Maybe he COULD be good, but we don't know.....NONE of us do! :naners:
*Technically True.

But, it's been proven that my hockey takes you can take to the bank.

To THA BANK.