Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Does what the Wild did for Iowa bug anyone else?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
jakazz30

Does what the Wild did for Iowa bug anyone else?

Post by jakazz30 »

Something about sending Donato, Greenway and Kunin down there after the Wild were eliminated just doesn't seem proper..
They are lighting up the place against "not ready for prime time" players.

Is it worth it? What if one of them blows out a knee doing this?
I don't believe Felton for 1 second on his claim of why they were sent there..(gain playoff experience, blah, blah)

The team had dropped out of a playoff position and he didn't want them to also fail under his watch.
Lenny5160

Re: Does what the Wild did for Iowa bug anyone else?

Post by Lenny5160 »

Neither Donato nor Kunin were 'lighting up the place' when they spent a good chuck of their season in the AHL. They were fine, but it isn't like the club sent down some real ringers.

Greenway had a couple games but wouldn't call him an AHL player, although it probably wouldn't have killed him.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm ok with it. They could blow a knee out playing golf so I'm not too worried about that. It's a big meh as far as I'm concerned.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Not at all.

Gets them more ice time in real games in a playoff environment.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Of course it’s worth it. Give them some playoff experience even though is in the AHL.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

Has anyone seen the Wild's Twitter feed? Jesus. They're treating the Iowa team like they're on a run for the Stanley Cup. Have some humility. Realize that fans know that the team is trending downward and probably don't want to see you pumping up your minor league team like they're the 85 Oilers.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

B-Town wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 pm Has anyone seen the Wild's Twitter feed? Jesus. They're treating the Iowa team like they're on a run for the Stanley Cup. Have some humility. Realize that fans know that the team is trending downward and probably don't want to see you pumping up your minor league team like they're the 85 Oilers.
They're in the business of selling hope** for the future!

**-possibly KFAN-related
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Lenny5160 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 am Neither Donato nor Kunin were 'lighting up the place' when they spent a good chuck of their season in the AHL. They were fine, but it isn't like the club sent down some real ringers.

Greenway had a couple games but wouldn't call him an AHL player, although it probably wouldn't have killed him.
Why not send down Fiala?
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:47 pm
Lenny5160 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:02 am Neither Donato nor Kunin were 'lighting up the place' when they spent a good chuck of their season in the AHL. They were fine, but it isn't like the club sent down some real ringers.

Why not send down Fiala?
Fiala would need to pass through waivers, and there's no way he would just pass through without being taken.
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

Seems like they need to get rid of Parise, Suter, Koivu and anyone over 30 other than Staahl. :roll:
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!