Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If Parise and Suter

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

Re: If Parise and Suter

Post by Hornets »

I guess we're doing the Mauer thing here....complaining non-stop about contracts until the day they expire. Lot's of wasted energy IMO
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:26 am I guess we're doing the Mauer thing here....complaining non-stop about contracts until the day they expire. Lot's of wasted energy IMO
I'm just tired of the subject....
and definitely on one part of it..

Hey........if you truly understand hockey, Suter is a top 10 D in the NHL.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

jakazz30 wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 5:22 pm
Hornets wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:26 am I guess we're doing the Mauer thing here....complaining non-stop about contracts until the day they expire. Lot's of wasted energy IMO

Lol

Please don’t.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Lol

Please don’t.
Was wondering how long it would take ya to respond! :lol:
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Beef Supreme wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:39 am I don't follow it super close, but hasn't a big part of the issue been that a bunch of young guys that were supposed to develop through the farm system and provide inexpensive support for Parise and Suter end up not really developing into what the team thought they'd be?

Thus, they've been capped out with Parise and Suter and, while those two have played fairly well, they haven't had the depth required to make any noise in the post-season? Is that right?

But I also agree that 14-year contracts are dumb (but the franchise wasn't forced to give them out). Great for the players, bad for the team.
Yes, and it wasn't simply a case of Wild fans wanting to believe these guys were better than they were suppose to be. Circa 2013-14 the Wild had the best group of prospects of any team in the league by the accounts of many NHL insiders and none of it really happened except for Dumba who although still young took him forever to turn into the player he is now. You could sort of make a case for Granlund as well, but when you consider that he was suppose to be an elite impact player (again, by the accounts of most NHL insiders) it's easy to conclude that he never reached that level and that he was moved straight up for an average offensive forward who quite honestly sucks inside his own blueline pretty much verifies as much.

Another thing that has hurt is that the salary cap hasn't risen at the rate that they (or any other NHL team for that matter) thought that it would between then and now which has obviously made things difficult as well.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:02 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:48 pm

Lol

Please don’t.
Was wondering how long it would take ya to respond! :lol:
Lol.

I can’t help it.

For real tho it’s too bad baby Zach and Bryan have these monster contracts they would be great depth pieces for playoff teams at trade deadline.

They would each be awesome third liners for stl
Or bos right now.