Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wild pick 12th

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

Re: Wild pick 12th

Post by Hole Nova Level »

You can take Caufield. The NHL draft is a crap-shoot after the top 3 picks. (FA scouting/unsigned players are so important in the NHL) If Lavoie falls to 12, Wild need to snatch him up. Broberg or Harley are other appealing pics at 12 for this team.

Caulfield will be a good player tho.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:41 pm You can take Caufield. The NHL draft is a crap-shoot after the top 3 picks. (FA scouting/unsigned players are so important in the NHL) If Lavoie falls to 12, Wild need to snatch him up. Broberg or Harley are other appealing pics at 12 for this team.

Reminds me of a young Robbie Ftorek!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hornets wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:03 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:41 pm You can take Caufield. The NHL draft is a crap-shoot after the top 3 picks. (FA scouting/unsigned players are so important in the NHL) If Lavoie falls to 12, Wild need to snatch him up. Broberg or Harley are other appealing pics at 12 for this team.

Reminds me of a young Robbie Ftorek!
I'm too young to remember Ftorek as a player, but he seems to be in the mold of an Alex Debrincat, including that he's a Right shot which this team sorely lacks at the forward position. If Fenton had much say in the drafts in Nashville I expect him to take a defenseman though as that's what Nashville usually does in round 1.

On a related note, that Swedish kid they picked in round one last year as atrocious as it gets to the point that if I were the team owner I would have vetoed it. Could have probably still had him as late as the third round if they still really wanted him and still got an actual player worthy of a first round pick in addition to him. I'll have to reread the draft thread tomorrow because I'm pretty certain Bob McKenzie said a number of things that weren't good not least of which was that NOBODY (besides the Wild I guess) had the kid pegged anywhere near a first round pick.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:59 am There's way too much angst in here about picking 3 or 11 or 12.
I'm confident a slow defenseman from Sweden that the rest of the league rates as a 3rd rounder will be available in any of those slots.
Fenton is sly like a fox.
:lol: :D :cry:
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Any love for Suzuki here?

More of a pass first playmaker than pure shooter. But very skilled and quicker than his brother.

Granny replacement.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

No love for Spencer Knight? Seems to be a guy that gets mocked around our pick quite often and might be one of the better tenders drafted into the league in a while.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Hornets wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:55 am I want the Wild to pick the best offensive player available when it's their turn. I DO NOT want another 180lb smooth skating defenseman, and I DO NOT want a big rugged forward who is good on face offs but is limited offensively. Know nothing about Kaliyev but he sounds ok, and I still would love to see Cole Caufield if he's available.
Exactly! Even Modano said it. We haven’t had a dynamic scorer since Gaborik. Draft some finishers!
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
full force five

Post by full force five »

Draft Bobby Brink, kid is the best skater I've seen, elite passer and can finish.
DonaldDouchebag

Post by DonaldDouchebag »

Poop Richardson.
Like that, y'all, pop some more shit.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

ST. PAUL - Minnesota Wild General Manager Paul Fenton today announced the National Hockey League (NHL) club has acquired the rights to defenseman Fedor Gordeev from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for a conditional seventh round selection in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft. The trade is conditional on Gordeev signing a contract with Minnesota prior to June 1, 2019. The seventh round selection was acquired by Minnesota from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for forward Matt Hendricks on Feb. 25, 2019.
https://www.nhl.com/wild/news/minnesota ... -307614870
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

bombers3shooter wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 9:34 am No love for Spencer Knight? Seems to be a guy that gets mocked around our pick quite often and might be one of the better tenders drafted into the league in a while.
I would have zero issue if we went with Knight. Love what Ive read about him.

Dubs is 33. Kaapo look decent but not special.
Butch Bradford

Post by Butch Bradford »

We need a player to fall to us. But then again Fenton is making the call and will probably draft another Swedish defensemen that was projected to go in the 3rd round.
Hole Nova Level

full force five wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 1:08 pm Draft Bobby Brink, kid is the best skater I've seen,
????

What player would you compare his "skating" to??
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hoping for Goaltender guy or scorer. No Dman. No super reach.

Perhaps a Zucker trade today. But like the route of grabbing a donato/fiala like move. Just not a rask like trade. Elias Lindholm would be great. Not Folingo and 1st.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

The Wisconsin kid, please.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

You have to take the future Badger Cole Caufield.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Spencer Knight interest anyone? You have to think the Wild are 5 years from contending.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gotta be Cole Caufield!!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hole Nova Level

At least they got a player over 5-10