Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

For years, Russo and other "experts" have told us "the Wild aren't that far off."

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Blandon

For years, Russo and other "experts" have told us "the Wild aren't that far off."

Post by Blandon »

During that time, even an extremely casual hockey observer could see that the Wild were nowhere near competing with the top teams.

But we were told that they're just a few tweaks away.

Now it's a total rebuild and you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for Russo to admit he was wrong.
Initiated a thread that has been nominated for froob chat HOF.
Named by Nigel as a "froob to watch."
Chet Manly

Re: For years, Russo and other "experts" have told us "the Wild aren't that far off."

Post by Chet Manly »

Playoff hockey is a riot to watch. Even when they made the playoffs, the Wild weren’t playing playoff hockey.
DC4MVP

Re: For years, Russo and other "experts" have told us "the Wild aren't that far off."

Post by DC4MVP »

Blandon wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:57 pm Now it's a total rebuild
The sad thing is, we can't even total rebuild if we wanted to.

We're in a partial rebuild until we get rid of Koivu, Parise, Suter, & Dubnyk. And because of that, we're not even crappy enough to get top prospects.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

I like Russo and all he does. But he is a hockey pacifist that doesn't understand the necessary elements, it takes to win a Stanley Cup.

He does a great job of covering the sport. But he's not doing MN fans any favors by telling them you can win a Cup via a roster full of skill and good-sportsmanship players and community nice-guys.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Look at recent teams that have won, they are big, physical, skilled and tough.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Devils advocate....I bet if Fenton loads up the roster with big, physical, skilled playas some of you will start bitchin that the team is too slow and needs more crafty snipers......always lookin for the negative!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

Even as a casual fan I can see this team needs more crafty snipers.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ask Not wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:22 pm Even as a casual fan I can see this team needs more crafty snipers.
SEE? I KNEW IT!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners: