Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official Wild @ Coyotes** GDT! 3/31/19

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

**Official Wild @ Coyotes** GDT! 3/31/19

Post by Hornets »

Last day of March! I'll go out on a limb here and say the Wild need to win their last 4 games to have any chance of a post season. Can this team do it? Can it win 4 in a row to close out the season? Can this GDT make it to 2 pages?

LET'S GET COLE CAUFIELD!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DC4MVP

Re: **Official Wild @ Coyotes** GDT! 3/31/19

Post by DC4MVP »

If we don't win this game, we'll probably lose.

Mark. My. Words.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:45 pm If we don't win this game, we'll probably lose.

Mark. My. Words.
Brilliant ;)
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Did LaPants just praise a guy for being one of the Wilds "top 6" D?
They only play 6 as far as I know...
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Arizona's problem was good scoring opps on Dubnyk.

He'll make a stupid mistake.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

It would be fitting if the Wilds season effectively ends against Kuemper.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

LaPants..."the Coyote's are #1 on the PK on the season"...
as a graphic is showing them #2.

Sorry if I seem redundant, but long time rubes/ froobs understand that this guy just bugs me..

He's the guy on Twitter that posts a photo of Kobe beef on his grill, and talks about the 30 year old wine they are going to have with it....just a pretentious twit.

Edit:....and the wine? He would call it a "vintage" wine..
Last edited by jakazz30 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Serious question....
What's really going on with ZP?

They made out like this was no big deal, and he's missing games that will decide this season.

If he was close to being able to play, I'd assume he would be..(that's what hockey player's do)
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:50 pm Serious question....
What's really going on with ZP?

They made out like this was no big deal, and he's missing games that will decide this season.

If he was close to being able to play, I'd assume he would be..(that's what hockey player's do)
Most likely just precautionary....team not going to make the playoffs so Wild don't want Zach's injury to linger any longer than necessary. Kind of a bummer as up till this point he had stayed mostly healthy and had a pretty good year.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

The Wild right now remind me of a debate me and a friend have had going on for years...
What team wins? One that has Mike Bossy for all top 6 forwards, or Bryan Trottier for all top 6?

I maintain its the Trottier one...
You have to have some "playmaker" in the mix....not just people who think "I can score"..

I want the scorer.....but who's setting him up?
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:27 pm It would be fitting if the Wilds season effectively ends against Kuemper.
Of course it would but would it be, could it be any other way? The Wild (like all MN pro sports teams) allow themselves to be habitually fucked in any sort of revenge game. In them just this season Fletcher is 2-0 (with an awful team), Nino is 1-0 (in a beatdown of the Wild), Granlund is 3-0. Coyle will be 1-0 after the Wild lose another home game next week against the Bruins. Was Kuemper is the cage during that epic Wild meltdown against the Yotes early in the season? If he was DK will soon be 2-0.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

God do I hate this guy. He had a nice assist on the Yotes first goal as well.

Nino would have shot it.

jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

I know it's a broken record....
but let the Fiala thing go LaPants.

He might get a nice scoring chance, but almost every single time he's on the ice......the opponent does also.

The game is played both offensively and defensively....
Why do you think Nashville, a team that values D, wanted him gone?.
Leon

Post by Leon »

the dagger of this season is being shutout by Darcy Kuemper
Leon

Post by Leon »

and again - lets pull the goalie and NOT have FUCKING Greenway out there -- Mr Wrap Around and Mr Turnover get the nod

call a fucking time out and get your BEST players out there -- AND ZUCKER IS NOT ONE OF YOUR BEST PLAYERS
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Ron Burgundy 4 President

Fuck Keumper too. Wild gave him plenty of chances (a lot more than they should have) and he turns into a Vezina candidate once they finally cut him loose.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:40 pm Fuck Keumper too. Wild gave him plenty of chances (a lot more than they should have) and he turns into a Vezina candidate once they finally cut him loose.
It happened when he was with LA...
their goalie coach is amazing....changed a couple of things in his approach..

F*ck Keumper?
The Wild have committed long-term to an amazingly inconsistent goalie.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:47 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:40 pm Fuck Keumper too. Wild gave him plenty of chances (a lot more than they should have) and he turns into a Vezina candidate once they finally cut him loose.

F*ck Keumper?
Yes. Nothing personal against him or anything, but it should piss off all Wild fans that The Wild were committed to him and he constantly let them down to the point that they couldn't even trust his as the backup only to find his groove after they cut him loose.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 pm

F*ck Keumper?
Yes. Nothing personal against him or anything, but it should piss off all Wild fans that The Wild were committed to him and he constantly let them down to the point that they couldn't even trust his as the backup only to find his groove after they cut him loose.
My point was look at the coaching...
It just took a better goalie coach....and he becomes elite.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:58 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:54 pm

F*ck Keumper?
My point was look at the coaching...
It just took a better goalie coach....and he becomes elite.
It's a fair point, but Kuemper isn't completely blameless either in all likelihood. For whatever reason he wasn't motivated enough to work harder of change his approach until his career was on life support. Also he didn't win this job this year, he was thrust into in after Ratta was hurt and they had seen enough of Adin Hill after platooning with Keumper for about a month.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Boudreau interview.....graphic on the side verifies my point:
Fiala: 5 shots
.........-3 on the +/-
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:08 pm Boudreau interview.....graphic on the side verifies my point:
.........-3 on the +/-
Fiala sucks. Not nearly as bad as Rask but that stat happens all to often with him. The fact that he was -9 on a first place Nashville team should have indicated that he sucks defensively and/or is a turnover machine.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:25 pm
jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:08 pm Boudreau interview.....graphic on the side verifies my point:
.........-3 on the +/-
Fiala sucks. Not nearly as bad as Rask but that stat happens all to often with him. The fact that he was -9 on a first place Nashville team should have indicated that he sucks defensively and/or is a turnover machine.
I honestly don't listen to KFAN..(I rarely listen to any radio, I was in my brothers car)
but there was some "expert" yesterday on a show saying that what the Wild probably need to add in the off-season is a winger/ center with playmaker skills..
😮 WTF?
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:34 pm
.........-3 on the +/-
I honestly don't listen to KFAN..(I rarely listen to any radio, I was in my brothers car)
but there was some "expert" yesterday on a show saying that what the Wild probably need to add in the off-season is a winger/ center with playmaker skills..
😮 WTF?
Had the best one in the history of the franchise that they traded away for a useful, but relatively unimpressive project.

On a related note, I've been seeing and hearing a lot of people (not necessarily on this board) beating the drum for a full rebuild while in the same breath praising Fenton for freeing up cap space to spend on FA this summer. If we're going full or even partial rebuild why the fuck would they bring a guy like Panarin in here on a 3-4 year deal and just as important why would he want to come here? In other words, cap space isn't that useful to a team that is in the situation the Wild find themselves in for the foreseeable future so who gives a shit?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:52 pm

😮 WTF?
Had the best one in the history of the franchise that they traded away for a useful, but relatively unimpressive project.

On a related note, I've been seeing and hearing a lot of people (not necessarily on this board) beating the drum for a full rebuild while in the same breath praising Fenton for freeing up cap space to spend on FA this summer. If we're going full or even partial rebuild why the fuck would they bring a guy like Panarin in here on a 3-4 year deal and just as important why would he want to come here? In other words, cap space isn't that useful to a team that is in the situation the Wild find themselves in for the foreseeable future so who gives a shit?

My last..(probably not really) Granny point..

He was on pace this season to break the Wild's single season point record until Dumba got injured.
The reality is, he lost the "closer" on his passing..
(Dumba was leading NHL D in goals at the time)

If people watch the games....how many times did he feed Zucker, Staal, etc...and they just blew open opps?

I'm not picking on Staal, but if you in the same presser can say that you are going younger/ faster..(the Granny trade) and say you extended Staal........I don't think you really have a plan.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:17 pm

😮 WTF?

He was on pace this season to break the Wild's single season point record until Dumba got injured.

If people watch the games....how many times did he feed Zucker, Staal, etc...and they just blew open opps?

I'm not picking on Staal, but if you in the same presser can say that you are going younger/ faster..(the Granny trade) and say you extended Staal........I don't think you really have a plan.
That's part of my beef with Fenton too as it regards to the Nino/Rask trade. Even if Rask magically was a much better player than he actually is, it certainly didn't seem to address any sort of long term solution as him and Nino are basically the same age. Moreover, it didn't really help them in the short term either, nor would it have with even the most optimistic, but realistic best case scenario of Rask.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:31 pm

That's part of my beef with Fenton too as it regards to the Nino/Rask trade. Even if Rask magically was a much better player than he actually is, it certainly didn't seem to address any sort of long term solution as him and Nino are basically the same age. Moreover, it didn't really help them in the short term either, nor would it half with even the most optimistic, but realistic best case scenario of Rask.
I guarantee Boudreau is getting fired after the season...because Fenton wants his "guy" in place..

But I honestly feel that this was sabotaged against him..

(And toss the Koivu, Dumba injuries on it)

As I say....and people forget...this team was in playoff position..On a 3 game winning streak...b4 the trade deadline.
It's gone down the shitter since.

It's just a fact.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:44 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:31 pm

That's part of my beef with Fenton too as it regards to the Nino/Rask trade. Even if Rask magically was a much better player than he actually is, it certainly didn't seem to address any sort of long term solution as him and Nino are basically the same age. Moreover, it didn't really help them in the short term either, nor would it half with even the most optimistic, but realistic best case scenario of Rask.
I guarantee Boudreau is getting fired after the season...because Fenton wants his "guy" in place..

But I honestly feel that this was sabotaged against him..

(And toss the Koivu, Dumba injuries on it)

As I say....and people forget...this team was in playoff position..On a 3 game winning streak...b4 the trade deadline.
It's gone down the shitter since.

It's just a fact.
Correct on all points.
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

The Rask trade was brutal, but the Donato trade kind of evens that out. Fenton should have moved on from Koivu and Stahl as well since it seems the team is going for youth.