Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Official Wild vs Carolina** GDT! 3/23/19

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hornets

**Official Wild vs Carolina** GDT! 3/23/19

Post by Hornets »

Can't figure our club out. Back to back games can be tough on a squad, especially on the road, but who knows with this group! All I DO know is that we need points....LOTS of points!

LET'S GO WILD!!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
The Replacements

Re: **Official Wild vs Carolina** GDT! 3/23/19

Post by The Replacements »

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:00 am Can't figure our club out. Back to back games can be tough on a squad, especially on the road, but who knows with this group! All I DO know is that we need points....LOTS of points!

LET'S GO WILD!!
The game is away from home so they have a chance. I remember when playing at the X was a big advantage. What happened?
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Zach is out with a "lower body injury"..
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Canes up 2-0 ovah a tired Wild team.....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

STAALZIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Welp….got a butt whoopin tonight.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

5-1 loss...
But geez... that Fiala really was skating pretty on the ice!!

He's a combo Boitano/ Ohno.
Old_Kid

Post by Old_Kid »

Last edited by Old_Kid on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Physically spent, emotionally overdrawn, and morally bankrupt in no way to spend a Tuesday. :scooter:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

jakazz30 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:35 pm 5-1 loss...

Robb Ohno, former Bloomington Jefferson star defenseman??
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

The sad thing is I think we're already seeing Fiala at his peak. A useful NHL player worthy of a roster spot for several years, but he's a fucking turnover machine and is -15 on the season playing most of said season on a first place team, that should have been everyone's first clue that the trade will ill advised (at best) when it was made. Quite honestly, with the exception of Donato (the lone trade that I liked from the beginning) every new player he has added to this roster has been garbage. Sure, we won't be able to fully evaluate the Fiala trade for a couple of seasons, but right now it's not looking too smart and I think it's safe to say the rest of the additions suck and won't help the Wild in either the short term or long term.

As far as this game was concerned even though I didn't see most of it it pretty much went how I figured it would go although the Wild had to have made them sweat the thing out a little bit during both intermissions before Carolina pulled away convincingly in the final frame.

How did Rask look tonight or do I even have to ask? Moral victory for keeping Nino off the score sheet :thumbsup:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 pm

The sad thing is I think we're already seeing Fiala at his peak. A useful NHL player worthy of a roster spot for several years, but he's a fucking turnover machine and is -15 on the season playing most of said season on a first place team, that should have been everyone's first clue that the trade will ill advised (at best) when it was made. Quite honestly, with the exception of Donato (the lone trade that I liked from the beginning) every new player he has added to this roster has been garbage. Sure, we won't be able to fully evaluate the Fiala trade for a couple of seasons, but right now it's not looking too smart and I think it's safe to say the rest of the additions suck and won't help the Wild in either the short term or long term.

As far as this game was concerned even though I didn't see most of it it pretty much went how I figured it would go although the Wild had to have made them sweat the thing out a little bit during both intermissions before Carolina pulled away convincingly in the final frame.

How did Rask look tonight or do I even have to ask? Moral victory for keeping Nino off the score sheet :thumbsup:
I'm not that down on Fiala, but am definitely down on Fenton. I have no idea what the fuck he is doing, and it started with the draft when he took some kid in the first round that seemingly no one had on their radar. Then the trades approaching the deadline. He squeezed nothing out of them. He doesnt seem to realize that buyers in the NHL give up a lot for good players. Trading Coyle/Nino/Granlund to playoff teams, and only squeezing a 5th round pick in addition to the players they got is mind boggling. Ironically, Coyle is probably the worst player out of the three, and he landed the best player between Rask/Donato/Fiala, and he is the one that got the draft pick included.

I'm thinking Fenton has no fucking clue what he's doing in negotiations right now.
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Are the Wild done? I don't like Hawkey. I watch the Wild in the playoffs every year for one man..

GGgOoAaLLL!!
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:53 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 pm

I'm not that down on Fiala, but am definitely down on Fenton. I have no idea what the fuck he is doing, and it started with the draft when he took some kid in the first round that seemingly no one had on their radar. Then the trades approaching the deadline. He squeezed nothing out of them. He doesnt seem to realize that buyers in the NHL give up a lot for good players. Trading Coyle/Nino/Granlund to playoff teams, and only squeezing a 5th round pick in addition to the players they got is mind boggling. Ironically, Coyle is probably the worst player out of the three, and he landed the best player between Rask/Donato/Fiala, and he is the one that got the draft pick included.

I'm thinking Fenton has no fucking clue what he's doing in negotiations right now.
Agreed. Not getting picks, especially for Granlund, was terrible negotiating. Nino straight up for worse player and only save a million was terrible and everyone but Fenton knew it right away.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

The re-signing of Staal has bothered me as much as the trades. Staalzie was a GREAT contributor for much of his 3 years here, but the guy has clearly lost a step and he isn't going to get that magically back the next 2 years. With him and Mikko back together in the lineup next year I just cringe thinking about it......
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:45 am The re-signing of Staal has bothered me as much as the trades. Staalzie was a GREAT contributor for much of his 3 years here, but the guy has clearly lost a step and he isn't going to get that magically back the next 2 years. With him and Mikko back together in the lineup next year I just cringe thinking about it......
Disagree 100%. It’s only $3.25M. Definitely worth that for 20-25 goals, leadership, and true center. If only we had Mikko at $3M. His contract is one of the problems. Staal is a no brainer keeper.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

INSIJS wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:07 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:45 am The re-signing of Staal has bothered me as much as the trades. Staalzie was a GREAT contributor for much of his 3 years here, but the guy has clearly lost a step and he isn't going to get that magically back the next 2 years. With him and Mikko back together in the lineup next year I just cringe thinking about it......
Disagree 100%. It’s only $3.25M. Definitely worth that for 20-25 goals, leadership, and true center. If only we had Mikko at $3M. His contract is one of the problems. Staal is a no brainer keeper.
We'll have to pull this thread up a year from now and see how we both feel. You are correct that the money is not a huge issue, but my guess is that Staal will be hard pressed to score 20. Leadership is hard to judge by us fans...to me it seems Staal is a quiet leader, one who leads by example not by outward vocal expression. Kind of like Zach, and Ryan, and Mikko, etc....my point is we have plenty of leaders by example on this squad and I'd prefer more vocal leaders, guys who will really push others to do their best. Staal isn't terrible by any means but since most of us agree that a team wide overhaul is needed I just see very little advantage in having a guy like him around. We are handcuffed with the contracts of Zach and Ryan and Mikko has another year....we could have rid ourselves of Staal at this point and we didn't.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:20 pm
INSIJS wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:07 pm
We'll have to pull this thread up a year from now and see how we both feel. You are correct that the money is not a huge issue, but my guess is that Staal will be hard pressed to score 20. Leadership is hard to judge by us fans...to me it seems Staal is a quiet leader, one who leads by example not by outward vocal expression. Kind of like Zach, and Ryan, and Mikko, etc....my point is we have plenty of leaders by example on this squad and I'd prefer more vocal leaders, guys who will really push others to do their best. Staal isn't terrible by any means but since most of us agree that a team wide overhaul is needed I just see very little advantage in having a guy like him around. We are handcuffed with the contracts of Zach and Ryan and Mikko has another year....we could have rid ourselves of Staal at this point and we didn't.
Koivu contract might be a little of an overreach....but the reality is this team misses him seriously.
His skills on situations like the the PK are really missed.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Welp
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.