Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Beginning of the End for the 2018-19 season

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

Beginning of the End for the 2018-19 season

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Here is your starting point. The DAL loss at home with ZERO care, Zucker scored tho (go figure).

Some telling quotes from Coach Chubby and Marcus Foligno tho:

"To be in a playoff spot for most of the season and now being out of it, it kind of looks like it's slipping away. We've got to figure it out."

"I don't really have a lot to say. You guys have seen it all. We're all watching the same game. I don't want to rip players."

"The crowd wants to get behind you...there's not a lot to cheer for."

"Juist the way guys are kind of going their own way, it's got to stop in order to make the playoffs. It pisses you off".

"We have no heart right now..."

"Its stepping up and looking a little more urgent than we have. It's wanting the puck. I think we had some guys that just were hoping that it would be on thier sticks tonight. You've got to get aggresive."

AND THE MOST TELLING QUOTE

"It's got to come from leadership and guys playing the right way and holding guys accountable. Right now we're just letting things slip away...it's got to come from leadership...Your leaders have to be your best..."

Bookmark this RC. When the Baby Zac and Bryan Suter days come to an end, stories will slowly leak, on the record or off, about how sh-tty they were as captains of a hockey team and how they brought ZERO to this locker room- team and such. You already have examples after Yeo left, told about the locker room being "young guys and old guys", the Adam Oates debacle. That's not a thing with TRUE leaders. Leipold sold the hockey soul down river as far as I'm concerned once he brought these two entitled hockey players in (nothing worse than an entitled hockey player BTW) AND made them captians. He counted his playoff dollars, like Scrooge McDuck and is now paying the price. Short term gain, long term pain.

Rid this roster ASAP of passive aggressive pu-ssies like Zucker (Coyle) Dumba, Sturgeon, Chad Greenway, that enable the captains to be complete assholes. (Marcus Foligno is an alpha and is sick of the BS) Then get rid of these fake ass leaders, Bryan Suter and Baby Zach, say goodbye to Koivu as far as I care (he's brought zero leadership and accountability to his locker room). Get rid of Chubby coach. Change this team from a nice-guy, happy time, market to the "true" MN-nice (passive aggresive) to some junk-yard dogs, that like to play a tough-playoff brand of hockey.
Jimtown guy

Re: Beginning of the End for the 2018-19 season

Post by Jimtown guy »

97F17E14-2D96-422D-9A7E-4A370F46E0F9.jpeg
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I agree of much of what our friend Hole Nova says, but take issue on a few of the players he ripped. Dumba is a stud IMHO and was on his way to an incredible season. The guy hits when he has the opportunity, and although that fight with Tzachuk cost him his season it showed he was willing and able to go at it with a bigger opponent (I think he clearly was ahead in that fight until he tore his pec...that kinda slows a guy down don't ya know!). Spurgeon isn't a pussy, he's just WAY undersized and that of course won't change. The guy gets as much talent out of his ability as possible and although I'd be fine with trading him he is not the problem here. As far as Greenway, the jury is still out. I have been quite disappointed in his lack of physicality, but he is still a pup growing into his large frame and there is no way I want him out of here until we know for sure what we have.

When the boys went on a nice little streak after those trades I went on record as saying I was NOT going to be Charlie Brown and be fooled into thinking Lucy would hold the ball for me to kick it. I was actually a bit bummed that they regained a bit of steam knowing it was very unlikely to last...the worst thing to me was resigning Staalzie. Anyway, the up and down of this team continues to be maddening and they'll probably even go on one more nice streak and either make or miss the playoffs by a point, get a mid to late round 1st draft pick, and continue to drive us crazy.

Oh yeah, one more thing. None of us of course know what really goes on behind the scenes of professional teams. We really don't know what kind of leaders Zach, Ryan, and Mikko are. My thought is that these are very talented players who unfortunately are not vocal leaders but instead lead by example on the ice. It's not their fault that they have been elected captains of the team and you can't really expect a guy to all of a sudden change his persona just because he has a "C" on his uni. I wish we had one or two in your face type leaders but we don't, and you cannot force a guy to become that, you just can't.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hole Nova Level

Best part of the Lanch home loss. Was on the disallowed goal for Goalie interference.

Lanch guy cross checks Dubnyk, Wild player points to the ref to "tattle". It's all good, you can cross-check our goalie. LOL. Good lord.

The Wild are so easy to play against. "You can cross check the goalie, we will tell the ref on you tho!"
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm I agree of much of what our friend Hole Nova says, but take issue on a few of the players he ripped. Dumba is a stud IMHO and was on his way to an incredible season. The guy hits when he has the opportunity, and although that fight with Tzachuk cost him his season it showed he was willing and able to go at it with a bigger opponent (I think he clearly was ahead in that fight until he tore his pec...that kinda slows a guy down don't ya know!). Spurgeon isn't a pussy, he's just WAY undersized and that of course won't change. The guy gets as much talent out of his ability as possible and although I'd be fine with trading him he is not the problem here. As far as Greenway, the jury is still out. I have been quite disappointed in his lack of physicality, but he is still a pup growing into his large frame and there is no way I want him out of here until we know for sure what we have.

When the boys went on a nice little streak after those trades I went on record as saying I was NOT going to be Charlie Brown and be fooled into thinking Lucy would hold the ball for me to kick it. I was actually a bit bummed that they regained a bit of steam knowing it was very unlikely to last...the worst thing to me was resigning Staalzie. Anyway, the up and down of this team continues to be maddening and they'll probably even go on one more nice streak and either make or miss the playoffs by a point, get a mid to late round 1st draft pick, and continue to drive us crazy.

Oh yeah, one more thing. None of us of course know what really goes on behind the scenes of professional teams. We really don't know what kind of leaders Zach, Ryan, and Mikko are. My thought is that these are very talented players who unfortunately are not vocal leaders but instead lead by example on the ice. It's not their fault that they have been elected captains of the team and you can't really expect a guy to all of a sudden change his persona just because he has a "C" on his uni. I wish we had one or two in your face type leaders but we don't, and you cannot force a guy to become that, you just can't.
Oh.....and the forgotten part...
the Wild had already won 3 in a row b4 the trades.
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:39 pm We really don't know what kind of leaders Zach, Ryan, and Mikko are.
Not to be nitpicky, but this is the most important aspect of any hockey team that desires TRUE Victory (Stanley Cup). Simply put "Yes we do" (know what kind of leaders Baby Zach, Brian and Mikko are). Yes we do, plain and simple.

You know hockey. Leadership on the ICE is clear as day. You've been following this team passionately for how long? You can SEE leadership on the ice. Every game you are watching a "Battle" take place. You know who the LEADERS are on the ice for each team.

I'm not even talking about locker-room (which there are plenty of stories about that show lack of). I'm talking ON THE ICE. THESE THREE "leaders" want nothing to do with what it takes to go and get that Cup. Baby-Zach is a lone wolf, who does his job with grit, but he only cares about himself.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

Since when did Chad Greenway play for the Wild? LMAO!!! :clap:
Hole Nova Level

JigglyPuff wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:09 pm Since when did Chad Greenway play for the Wild? LMAO!!! :clap:
Exactly.
B-Town

Post by B-Town »

The Wild are getting what they deserve this year. Leipold fires Fletcher and says that he wants a new GM that shares his delusion that the team just needs a couple of minor tweaks. In comes Fenton, touting the company line. The team proves, yet again, that they're a borderline playoff team with no realistic shot at the cup.

The Wild have been average for so long that they haven't been able to draft top talent; and they have a number of Albatross contracts that will prevent them from rebuilding efficiently. The next few years will be tough for fans.
Last edited by B-Town on Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dayman, Fighter of the Nightman.

Stup up, Abe!
full force five

Post by full force five »

We shall see.

They have some cap space, even more when Miko is off the books after next year. The Zack and Sutter contract will kill this team overall for years to come. They might have enough room to sign a guy like Brock Nelson, Anders Lee, Hayes, Panarin, or a big D man like Tyler Meyers, Trouba, or Joel Edmonson. Add one of those guys, a healthy Dumba and this team should be fine. I like moves other than the Nino move, but that move open 1.2 million of cap space.
Hole Nova Level

A pain- in- the- A-ss-to-play against PF and a Big Mean-don't-cross-check-my goalie- defensemen would do wonders for this team. Literally two guys; of this nature would be amazing. We've been operating without for the last 6-7 seasons and it sucks- and worse it shows.

The Wild are way to easy to play against.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 pm A pain- in- the- A-ss-to-play against PF and a Big Mean-don't-cross-check-my goalie- defensemen would do wonders for this team. Literally two guys; of this nature would be amazing. We've been operating without for the last 6-7 seasons and it sucks- and worse it shows.

Well, give us a couple of names who the Wild would have any sort of chance to get?
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Hornets wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:11 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:26 pm A pain- in- the- A-ss-to-play against PF and a Big Mean-don't-cross-check-my goalie- defensemen would do wonders for this team. Literally two guys; of this nature would be amazing. We've been operating without for the last 6-7 seasons and it sucks- and worse it shows.

Well, give us a couple of names who the Wild would have any sort of chance to get?
Matt Cooke and Chris Pronger.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Well we learned why we hadn't seen Greenway in a fight....until last night. Boyle toyed with him while laughing. Perhaps young Jordan gets better at this, but that was not pretty.
full force five

Boyle is a tough guy who has been in plenty of fights.

They need one big D like Meyes or Edmundson. Another big forward would help as well this summer.
Hole Nova Level

Off the top of my head the Simmons cat from Philly, I think is a FA. I'd love to have him. I'll have to dig around for a D man in the FA pool and get back to you.

For the record. Member me yelling "Evander Kane" back when he was trade bait.

Oh well.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 am

Off the top of my head the Simmons cat from Philly, I think is a FA. I'd love to have him. I'll have to dig around for a D man in the FA pool and get back to you.

Oh well.
Simmons? Are you talking about the guy that was traded to Nashville? If so, YES.....would love him! (probably too pricey though).
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

full force five wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:31 am Boyle is a tough guy who has been in plenty of fights.

They need one big D like Meyes or Edmundson. Another big forward would help as well this summer.
Was REALLY bored last night so pulled up a handful of Boyle fights on You Tube.....he lost most of them. I do hope Greenway can develop a mean streak. Doesn't mean you have to fight a bunch, but be a player more like Buff.
full force five

For the modern NHL he is super tough. Back when he started playing he was a tomato can.
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:30 am
Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:26 am

Oh well.
Simmons? Are you talking about the guy that was traded to Nashville? If so, YES.....would love him! (probably too pricey though).
My bad spelling, Simmonds, from Philly.

Some cheaper option D-men I would like for the middle spots of your D-core (4-5-6) would be Bouwmeester and Tyler Myers, Edler would be awesome to get and move into your top spot and push Suter and Dumba down to 2-3 range where they belong.