Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

PP Needs work, like 5 strangers on the ice- Baby Zac

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

PP Needs work, like 5 strangers on the ice- Baby Zac

Post by Hole Nova Level »

That's one of your Captains, MN WILD.

Thanks for the info Baby Zac. Here is an idea. Keep that sh-t in house, speak up and take it upon yourself to have you and your teammates stay late and PRACTICE the PP!!

Or go behind the coaches back and Call Adam Oates....

Either way.
jakazz30

Re: PP Needs work, like 5 strangers on the ice- Baby Zac

Post by jakazz30 »

It's simple.....
you kids might not like to hear it..

The PP died when Granny was traded.

If you view it in a basketball way, the point guard is gone...and there is no replacement.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:32 pm It's simple.....

If you view it in a basketball way, the point guard is gone...and there is no replacement.
Yep. Good to see you in WildChat my friend! What were your thoughts on the trade? I honestly really didn't like it, but it wasn't as bad as the bringing Rask onto this roster.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Yep. Good to see you in WildChat my friend! What were your thoughts on the trade? I honestly really didn't like it, but it wasn't as bad as the bringing Rask onto this roster.

Mixed feelings...happy for Granny, he might get to carry the Cup at the end of the season.

As a Wild fan?
I think Fenton has some crush on Fiala.

Watching the trade day coverage on TSN, when they heard the trade.....they assumed that there was going to at least be an additional couple of draft picks that weren't announced.
When they found out it was a straight player 4 player deal they were baffled.
Is Fiala a faster skater then Granlund? Yep.

Is Granlund better than him in every single other skill?
Yes.

(This isn't only my opinion, it's the opinion of basically every hockey expert that doesn't live in MN)

This trade looks like "Burns.....The Sequel" to me.

If Fiala is so damn good....why was he floating between the minors and Nashville this year?
Other than scoring 2 goals against the Nashville back-up goalie....that he probably had fired 1,000 shots in practice against...what has he done?

I think that explains my opinion Ron..
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

To be fair, this crowd thought it was a Dumba issue, now it's a Granny problem.

Baby Zac and Bryan Suter are on 100 mill contracts and are doing sh-t about it other than telling the newspaper.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:37 am

Baby Zac and Bryan Suter are on 100 mill contracts and are doing sh-t about it other than telling the newspaper.

It's a combo of both players...
Zumba was the one guy that Granlund could count on to actually get a shot on goal from a pass...(when Dumba went down, Granny was on pace to break the Wild single season points record)

Interesting to notice though that Nashville's one big weakness was the PP...
Last night..2 goals. One guess who assisted on both of them?
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:03 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:09 pm

Mixed feelings...happy for Granny, he might get to carry the Cup at the end of the season.

As a Wild fan?
I think Fenton has some crush on Fiala.

Watching the trade day coverage on TSN, when they heard the trade.....they assumed that there was going to at least be an additional couple of draft picks that weren't announced.
When they found out it was a straight player 4 player deal they were baffled.
Is Fiala a faster skater then Granlund? Yep.

Is Granlund better than him in every single other skill?
Yes.

(This isn't only my opinion, it's the opinion of basically every hockey expert that doesn't live in MN)

This trade looks like "Burns.....The Sequel" to me.

If Fiala is so damn good....why was he floating between the minors and Nashville this year?
Other than scoring 2 goals against the Nashville back-up goalie....that he probably had fired 1,000 shots in practice against...what has he done?

I think that explains my opinion Ron..
Pretty much spot on. He doubled down on Fiala after he's had a so-so start to his NHL career (considering he was the 11th overall pick in his draft year) and was better earlier in his young career than he has been lately. He'll have a long career in the NHL, but I'm not convinced he's even a lower end tier top 6 forward which is the absolute minimum that you needed in a straight up trade for a player like Granlund.

On a related note, I don't have much a problem with him bringing on Bietto (another player he knows from Nashville) since he was a waiver claim, but his hard on for him needs to go down. He has to be sent to Iowa or to the pressbox. He sucks.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

jakazz30 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:21 pm

It's a combo of both players...
Zumba was the one guy that Granlund could count on to actually get a shot on goal from a pass...(when Dumba went down, Granny was on pace to break the Wild single season points record)

Interesting to notice though that Nashville's one big weakness was the PP...
Last night..2 goals. One guess who assisted on both of them?
It can be both. These two are (were in Granny's case) by far the most dynamic and creative players on the Wild roster and it's obviously taken it's toll, especially on the PP.