Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Coyle

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Jimtown guy

Coyle

Post by Jimtown guy »

107E303A-25D8-4FEE-A495-C9058ED4EDA9.jpeg
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Re: Coyle

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I hope it’s to Novosibirsk or Vladivostok of the KHL.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Bump says to Boston.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:05 pm Bump says to Boston.
Bruins but that’s all we know so far
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Russo is saying it sound like Donato and a 5th but nothing official yet.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Ryan Danato, meh. Young, only 22. Looks like he can score. Is a center a position of need. I would have thought you could get much more. It does free up another 3.2 million.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Coyle heading back home. I believe he played for Boston U so it makes sense in that regard
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:54 pm Coyle heading back home. I believe he played for Boston U so it makes sense in that regard
Ironic because Donato is a Boston native as well. Went to Harvard.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

full force five wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:25 pm Ryan Danato, meh. Young, only 22. Looks like he can score. Is a center a position of need. I would have thought you could get much more. It does free up another 3.2 million.
Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think he could have done much better considering Coyle cap hit is north of 4 million. I wouldn't say the Wild won the trade by a mile either, but I think they got a 22 year old that will be at worst a serviceable play for a number of years. Moreover, this team getting a young player that is ready to play probably right away while freeing up that kind of cap space is a win.

Serious question, who else on Boston's NHL/AHL roster did you think Coyle could get in return? McAvoy? DeBrusk?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

I believe this clears up 2 mil in cap space. May not seem a lot but it is in the NHL
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Farewell, gentle giant.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Pretty excited about this move!

Clear some cap, get back an established young player.
Like that it wasnt just a pick move. This way we know we are getting a guy pro deservent.

Donato is pretty darn skilled has bloodlines and playmaking mentality.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Was Coyle the last crumb from the Burns trade?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:52 pm Was Coyle the last crumb from the Burns trade?
Yep. Setoguchi and Phillips are long gone
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Donato and Greenway have a Team USA history.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Scanning some Bruins forums. There's a few of their fans who think Donato is a sure thing 30 goal scorer at some point, but the majority seems to think the Bruins nailed the trade.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gentle giant Charlie had to go. It was obvious that he was never going to turn into a power forward type, aka Cam Neely, and when he couldn't score consistently it was a no brainer to move him. Wish him luck...
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 pm Scanning some Bruins forums. There's a few of their fans who think Donato is a sure thing 30 goal scorer at some point, but the majority seems to think the Bruins nailed the trade.
For how Coyle disappears for long stretches at a time not sure how they nailed it
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:45 pm Scanning some Bruins forums. There's a few of their fans who think Donato is a sure thing 30 goal scorer at some point, but the majority seems to think the Bruins nailed the trade.
For how Coyle disappears for long stretches at a time not sure how they nailed it
Donato's got his concerns too, and they didn't really have to give up much of a draft pick for him.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I know it's not just Wild players that this happens to, but it is ridiculously crazy how guys like Charlie, Granny, Zucker, and Erickson Yuck can go massive amount of games without a frickin goal. If they can't perform, then there is no point in keeping them here with big contracts...try something else I say. (I realize Erickson Yuck is not on a big contract).
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:52 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:49 pm
Donato's got his concerns too, and they didn't really have to give up much of a draft pick for him.
He is only 22 so I guess time will tell. Did save 2 mil on the cap too
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

But but Yeo, Leipold and Fletcher
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
Keith_Morrison

Post by Keith_Morrison »

He had to go. The return was fair. Hopefully the kid produces at the next level in a Wild sweater.

Who’s next to go? Stahl?
full force five

Staal will be traded. I could see Brodin as well but Hunt and Bitetto are possibly the worst D-man to ever lace 'em up for the Wild. If they somehow trade Brodin they will have a decent amount of cap space this summer.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

watch, now Coyle is going to light it up in Boston.
full force five

He is going to a much much better team with some really good players: Marchand, Pastrnak, Bergeron, McAvoy, Chara, etc. He might have a less roll and less pressure. We will see.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

I like the trade. Even if Coyle blows up, I think we saw all we could of him here.

I like the idea of Donato/Greenway having experience with one another.

Fenton seems focused on adding centers and cap space. I am a big fan. I hope they keep Aucker just because his trade value cant be that high. If they can get something special for Granny I would be game but at this point I just want to see him turn into something special here.

Not sure who they truly can dangle at this point. I dont think Staal will go anywhere. Coyle and Nino were the two obvious ones.

I would love to fleece someone to give up something big do Dubs but I dont think we would get enough to make it worth our time trading him.

Hopefully Coyle does well in Boston.
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

mglviks wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:52 pm Pretty excited about this move!

Clear some cap, get back an established young player.
Like that it wasnt just a pick move. This way we know we are getting a guy pro deservent.

Donato is pretty darn skilled has bloodlines and playmaking mentality.
Who is this established young player? The one we got has been in the AHL for the past month.

With that said, I'm OK with the move.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
full force five

Good start for Donato tonight. I like what I saw, granted it was only one game.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

full force five wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:47 am Good start for Donato tonight. I like what I saw, granted it was only one game.
Donato was in a tough spot in Boston, not quite good enough for their top 6 and definitely not lockdown enough for their bottom 6. I think he can develop into some solid offense for the Wild.