Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Trading Deadline February 25th - Buyers/Sellers?

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Leon

Re: Trading Deadline February 25th - Buyers/Sellers?

Post by Leon »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:02 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm Sounds like Zucker was an inch away from heading to Calgary.
For what? What kept it from happening?
Russo was on with Bump at 530 and wouldn't say what he knew --i think he said it would be in his next story --must be Russo trying to get more subscribers
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:44 pm Sounds like Zucker was an inch away from heading to Calgary.
I don't know Russo said the deal fell through last minute.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 pm
Son of a bitch!!!!

Good news is. He can be traded in the offseason And there is a good chance he-she will be.
Actually, I think his 10-team no-movement clause kicks in at the end of the season. They would have had to trade him before the deadline to avoid him getting the no-movement. Granted, it's only a partial but kinda sucks it eliminates 1/3 of the league.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Have enjoyed watching Staalzie the last few years but not crazy about the extension. If we're trying to rebuild this thing do we really want a 35/36 year old fellow who is clearly a step slower at this point of his career? Guess it's not a big money commitment but I have a feeling a boatload of rubes will be bitchin about his play over those last 2 years.....hope he proves me wrong!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

If they were close to trading Zucker, I wonder if the recent 3 game streak led them to not make a move, or at least demand more for him.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Leon wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:11 pm
Russo was on with Bump at 530 and wouldn't say what he knew --i think he said it would be in his next story --must be Russo trying to get more subscribers
What happened? Calgary offer too much and Fenton waffled?
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm If they were close to trading Zucker, I wonder if the recent 3 game streak led them to not make a move, or at least demand more for him.
It's tough to say for sure, but I don't think so. Some of the Calgary fans were saying the deal was basically Zucker for their 1st and Frolik. Knowing that the Flames will probably pick at the very end of the first round I'm guessing the Wild wanted the option to swap the first rounder for 2020 if the so chose (or something like that) and couldn't come to a compromise regarding it.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:36 pm
bubu dubu. wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:19 pm If they were close to trading Zucker, I wonder if the recent 3 game streak led them to not make a move, or at least demand more for him.
It's tough to say for sure, but I don't think so. Some of the Calgary fans were saying the deal was basically Zucker for their 1st and Frolik. Knowing that the Flames will probably pick at the very end of the first round I'm guessing the Wild wanted the option to swap the first rounder for 2020 if the so chose (or something like that) and couldn't come to a compromise regarding it.
With Fiala and Donato, Im guessing Fenton wanted 22yr old Sam Bennett.
They probably offered Jankowsi.

Man Calagry has some damn good young guns. Trachuck, Monahan, Lindholm and Gaudreau. And the 2 mentioned above. Jealous
Ron Burgundy 4 President

mglviks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 pm

Man Calagry has some damn good young guns. Trachuck, Monahan, Lindholm and Gaudreau. And the 2 mentioned above. Jealous
If that is the case than Fenton was right to decline it.
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

mglviks wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:19 pm

I read somewhere today that Lindholm was offered by Carolina in the off-season. Zuck was our up-and-coming 30 goal guy at that point.

Wild may have given up the better player in every deal, but at least with Donato (maybe?) and Fiala there is some room for debate and the Wild have shed a TON of salary. There's a price for that. No roster or cap flexibility was a huge issue with this team.

Fenton may be a little too attached to guys he is familiar with, but I'll roll with him for now.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Mnsportsfan22

Post by Mnsportsfan22 »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:20 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:05 pm
Son of a bitch!!!!

Good news is. He can be traded in the offseason And there is a good chance he-she will be.
Actually, I think his 10-team no-movement clause kicks in at the end of the season. They would have had to trade him before the deadline to avoid him getting the no-movement. Granted, it's only a partial but kinda sucks it eliminates 1/3 of the league.
The ntc kicks in after the draft. Zucker is good as gone at the draft. Panarin or Duchene will be on this team next year. Hopefully its panarin
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

The guy from Facebook?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
bri

Post by bri »

I would think Zucker is one he'd wanna keep due to him having some speed. Not really a fan of Fenton after this deadline.
full force five

Post by full force five »

On the fence about these moves, the wild need to change the mix however. This give them some flexibility this summer and going forward. If they are able to sign a center like Hayes, William Karlsson, Anders Lee, or Brock Nelson and add depth on D like Joel Edmundson. I like it.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

With Nino, Coyle, and Granlumd, the Wild were a mediocre team at best. Each year they fight to make the playoffs, and the last three years have been bounced in the first round. The Wild were never going to be better than that with the core that former GM Fletcher put in place, and the contracts he gave Parise and Suter.

I like the recent moves, in that it shakes up the status quo, got rid of three players who were not playing up to their salary cap hit (one might argue that Granlund was) and gives Fenton some desperately needed salary cap space. And with Donato and Fiala they got younger and faster.

We can all agree to disagree and only time will tell how all of this shakes out. Again I’ll give Fenton more time than the short time he’s been with the Wild
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

It looks like Fenton is only interested in guys he's invested in. Looking forward to the Wild being the Nashville B-squad.
Ketchup can be nuancy
full force five

Post by full force five »

When was Donato associated with Nashville?

You can't truely judge these moves until September when the Wild can add another piece or two with the cap flexibility.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

full force five wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:55 am When was Donato associated with Nashville?

You can't truely judge these moves until September when the Wild can add another piece or two with the cap flexibility.
Exactly. Its a win now world but it’s going to take a little time for Fenton to put the pieces together and let’s hope he can.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:39 pm Have enjoyed watching Staalzie the last few years but not crazy about the extension. If we're trying to rebuild this thing do we really want a 35/36 year old fellow who is clearly a step slower at this point of his career? Guess it's not a big money commitment but I have a feeling a boatload of rubes will be bitchin about his play over those last 2 years.....hope he proves me wrong!
Yeah I wasn't impressed with that bit at all. He's already slow, and getting slower. He's got a weird body type as it is, not a great skater, he's savy and long but he belongs on a teams 3rd-line at this point, not our top 2. Christ.

The whole "he loves it here and wants to stay" thing drives me nuts about these Wild players. So sick of hearing about them and their good feelings about MN, go do something on the ICE how bout! They get all complacent when they come to MN, turn into these lovable Minor-League-esque personalities/players that just wanna slowly retire into a player coach someday for the Wild.

You watch the Wild will be the first team with a 53 year old Player/Coach. Prolly be Parise.

Zucker will come back to lead the Male Cheerleader squad. the Wildmen or something like that.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

No. It was a last minute fall-apart. Fenton didn't just have the "3-game-streak" pop in his head and say "wait!" then hung up the phone on Calgary.

Zucker was a gonner.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Maybe losing some of his buddies will light a fire under Zucker...we can only hope.
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Let's be honest Fenton was left a fucking mess of a roster with very little flexibility. He got us some cash that we haven't had in years and he added some potential goal scorers that we haven't really had in a while. It sucks losing parts of the core, but when you don't have much flexibility some eggs got to be broken to start a good omelet. I'll trust the process here.

The only head scratcher to me is re-using with Staal, kind of seems like the same thing they did last year with Koivu. Was it a situation where Lieopold told Fenton if he could get value that he'd sign off on at the deadline that he needed to be re-signed? It's clear the owner thinks this team is closer to raising the cup than just about anybody else in the world. Trying to rebuild on the run usually just prolongs the process and stunts growth.

If they want to go young that's fine, but going young isn't having Parise, Suter, Koivu, Staal, Spergeon, and Zucker getting all the prime special teams and prime 1st and 2nd line minutes. Free agency this offseason will paint a clearer picture. The next month is all about seeing what we got in Kunin, Erikkson-Ek, Greenway, Fiala, and Donato. If those 5 aren't logging a ton of minutes they are going about this wrong!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I guess to me it's just refreshing that moves are being made in an attempt to shake this team up and try to get to the next level. The moves may or may not work, but at least there is an effort being made!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Glad they didn't trade Brodin….guy is so smooth, so solid.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:25 pm Glad they didn't trade Brodin….guy is so smooth, so solid.
I won't hate him because he's not Scott Stevens like some other people might, but he's fucking good.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:56 pm
Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:25 pm Glad they didn't trade Brodin….guy is so smooth, so solid.
I won't hate him because he's not Scott Stevens like some other people might, but he's fucking good.
He’s so consistent
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Zucker for Frolik and a 1st wouldve been terrible. Glad we didnt take that. Sure hope if we trade Zuck we get more than a Frolik and a late 1st.

Boston offered a 1st for Stall. Sux we didnt take that. Like Stall but dude is getting old fast, plus looked slower than molasses as they went on.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

mglviks wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 pm Zucker for Frolik and a 1st wouldve been terrible. Glad we didnt take that. Sure hope if we trade Zuck we get more than a Frolik and a late 1st.

Boston offered a 1st for Stall. Sux we didnt take that. Like Stall but dude is getting old fast, plus looked slower than molasses as they went on.
Would like to see a link on that Boston offer....if it's true the Wild were dopes for not doing it. Dopes.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:50 pm
mglviks wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:18 pm Zucker for Frolik and a 1st wouldve been terrible. Glad we didnt take that. Sure hope if we trade Zuck we get more than a Frolik and a late 1st.

Would like to see a link on that Boston offer....if it's true the Wild were dopes for not doing it. Dopes.
Russo said it on kfan on thursday or friday.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

mglviks wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:27 pm
Hornets wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:50 pm

Russo said it on kfan on thursday or friday.
Shame on Fenton then... :x