Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Bruce Boudreau

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Bruce Boudreau

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

How long before they fire him?

I'm gonna guess not until Chicago or St. Louis pass them in the standings which shouldn't be too much longer.

Just to be clear, I don't necessarily think that he should be fired only that I believe he will be.
Hornets

Re: Bruce Boudreau

Post by Hornets »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 pm How long before they fire him?

I'm gonna guess not until Chicago or St. Louis pass them in the standings which shouldn't be too much longer.

Just to be clear, I don't necessarily think that he should be fired only that I believe he will be.
You're probably right Ron. Kinda like the Twins firing Molly, the new guy(s) want things their way and a coaching change is a first step perhaps. On a side note, Erickson Ek is back to being Erickson Yuck and is now headed to Iowa. Just hard to fathom how the guy cannot find the net....he seems to have all the tools to be a pretty decent player, but if you're a top 3 line guy you HAVE to be able to score. Suppose we'll see him back up at some point, but the clock is certainly ticking as far as his career goes.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Deep Purple

Post by Deep Purple »

There isn't a coach out there that can improve the talent on this team. Gotta build for the future and start trading for some good prospects. Bruce is not the problem.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Agree that Bruce is not the problem. They’d be silly to fire him. Gotta put the puck in the net.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Leon

Post by Leon »

Deep Purple wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:18 pm There isn't a coach out there that can improve the talent on this team. Gotta build for the future and start trading for some good prospects. Bruce is not the problem.
but on the flip side - does Bruce want to coach a team rebuilding ? i'm not sure how a team that is stuck with Koivu, Parise and Suter could ever be considered in "rebuild mode" - until the owner opens his eyes this will be as good ( or bad ) as it gets
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:16 pm How long before they fire him?

Well, it's taken I bit longer than I thought, but St. Louis has already passed them (probably for good) and Chicago will catch them within the week.

Whose the interm coach if he's let go before the season ends? I heard Mike Yeo is looking for a job.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

I still contend it’s dumb to fire Boudreau even if they shit the bed the rest of the season.

While well intentioned, Fenton may have made the team worse with his trades. Add in Dumba and Koivu injuries. It takes time to integrate players to your style and expectations. Bruce was getting the most out of the group the last few years and we lost that continuity and margin for error. We get a little worse defensively in a few areas, Dubnyk suffers from that and drops off too = recipe for below mediocrity.

Fenton doesn’t give me the feeling that he’s a top guy for a team that should attract high level front office talent. I hope I’m wrong.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

INSIJS wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:42 pm I still contend it’s dumb to fire Boudreau even if they shit the bed the rest of the season.

While well intentioned, Fenton may have made the team worse with his trades. Add in Dumba and Koivu injuries. It takes time to integrate players to your style and expectations. Bruce was getting the most out of the group the last few years and we lost that continuity and margin for error. We get a little worse defensively in a few areas, Dubnyk suffers from that and drops off too = recipe for below mediocrity.

Fenton doesn’t give me the feeling that he’s a top guy for a team that should attract high level front office talent. I hope I’m wrong.
I don't disagree, but I think unless they make it to the WCF (which will not happen) he's a dead man walking.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

he will step down after the end of the season to deal with some personal medical issues.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 am he will step down after the end of the season to deal with some personal medical issues.
Not being snarky - does he have actual health issues or this will be the cover story for his departure?
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am
Sellingguy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:04 am he will step down after the end of the season to deal with some personal medical issues.
Not being snarky - does he have actual health issues or this will be the cover story for his departure?
he could be dealing with something. my buddy has seen him at the same dr he is seeing and it is not a family practice dr.
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Sellingguy wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:03 pm
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:49 am

he could be dealing with something. my buddy has seen him at the same dr he is seeing and it is not a family practice dr.
I hope he doesn’t choose “Caitlyn” as his new name, like that other Bruce did.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

That’s too bad if he or his wife have medical issues. That aside, it will be telling to see if Bruce leaves on his own due to no confidence in Fenton. I’ll be watching for signs of that.
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

INSIJS wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:29 am That’s too bad if he or his wife have medical issues. That aside, it will be telling to see if Bruce leaves on his own due to no confidence in Fenton. I’ll be watching for signs of that.
Bruce isn't Fenton's guy..
(See how it worked with the Twins)

Fenton almost deliberately slapped Boudreau in the face with the Granlund trade..
Going back to the pre-season "Town Hall" on FSN he referred to him as the Wilds best player..

Fenton was making a statement. (Which hurt the team)
0% chance Bruce returns.