Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Wild / Stars

A place to discuss the MN Wild
LwnmwrMan222

Wild / Stars

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Another crap game.

4 minute power play, Wild get 3 shots on goal.
My body, my choice.
LwnmwrMan222

Re: Wild / Stars

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Something like 2 goals in the last 110 shots on goal.

Stars got a cheap goal. Wild are going to lose again .
My body, my choice.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Down again. No worries, Granlund will tie it up.
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:10 pm Down again. No worries, Granlund will tie it up.
If we get a point for hitting the pipe, he did.
My body, my choice.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:18 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:10 pm Down again. No worries, Granlund will tie it up.
If we get a point for hitting the pipe, he did.
Damn close again.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

*Zucker
LwnmwrMan222

Post by LwnmwrMan222 »

Welp, guess we should be happy with 1 point?
My body, my choice.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Bad goal to give up on an otherwise solid night by Devan.
The struggle for the 8th seed is on...again.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

LwnmwrMan222 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm Welp, guess we should be happy with 1 point?
Luckily I had plans tonight so I didn't have to watch a second of this trash team, but I figured since Dallas had lost 5 in a row overall and 6 straight on the road that the Wild had little to no chance against a team that was that red hot. Seriously though, I have never been as elated with a loser point as I am after this one although I somehow get the feeling that had I watched all or most of it I might feel differently.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm Bad goal to give up on an otherwise solid night by Devan.
You are more optimistic than I as I feel that ship has sailed. A team that is as poor as this one is on the road that all of the sudden has can't win a fucking game in their own building isn't exactly a good thing in a tight Western Conference.

Just how bad have they been at home you ask? Well, it's not even Christmas and they've already managed to lose as many in regulation at the X as they did over the entire course of last season. That's right, six last season, six already this season. Moreover, it's getting to the point where it's pretty clear that they aren't gonna put the brakes on the trend of giving up the first goal in just about every game they play in. It goes without saying that this team just doesn't have the kind of firepower to constantly chase game, after game, after game and figure out a way to still win a fair amount of them.

Don't look now, but Chicago and St. Louis are playing some pretty good hockey, not that it really matters.
Miley Cyrus

Post by Miley Cyrus »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:28 pm
Miley Cyrus wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:51 pm Bad goal to give up on an otherwise solid night by Devan.
You are more optimistic than I as I feel that ship has sailed. A team that is as poor as this one is on the road that all of the sudden has can't win a fucking game in their own building isn't exactly a good thing in a tight Western Conference.

Just how bad have they been at home you ask? Well, it's not even Christmas and they've already managed to lose as many in regulation at the X as they did over the entire course of last season. That's right, six last season, six already this season. Moreover, it's getting to the point where it's pretty clear that they aren't gonna put the brakes on the trend of giving up the first goal in just about every game they play in. It goes without saying that this team just doesn't have the kind of firepower to constantly chase game, after game, after game and figure out a way to still win a fair amount of them.

Don't look now, but Chicago and St. Louis are playing some pretty good hockey, not that it really matters.
I didn't have high expectations coming into the season and thought the first awful 4 or 5 games of the season told us all we needed to know about this team, only to be pleasantly surprised come November. There's still a lot of time to turn things around, but with all the old guys on the team, I have my doubts.
JigglyPuff

Post by JigglyPuff »

This team was #2 in the West. What the hell happened?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

JigglyPuff wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:31 pm This team was #2 in the West. What the hell happened?
You don’t watch the Wild much do you?
Ron Burgundy 4 President

JigglyPuff wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:31 pm This team was #2 in the West. What the hell happened?
In the last 30 days they've played roughly 1/5 of their schedule and won twice. Hope this helps......