Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Dumba

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Jimtown guy

Dumba

Post by Jimtown guy »

Micheal Russo:

The Wild, a team south of the playoff threshold in the Western Conference, will be without one of their best defensemen for the foreseeable future.

Matt Dumba, who already hit the double-digit goal mark for a fourth consecutive season with an NHL defensemen-leading 12 goals, is expected to be sidelined until after the upcoming Christmas break and, from the sounds of it longer, with an upper-body injury sustained Saturday night against the Calgary Flames.

“He’ll probably miss this week for sure,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s about as much of an update as you’re going to get.”
Hornets

Re: Dumba

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 pm Micheal Russo:

The Wild, a team south of the playoff threshold in the Western Conference, will be without one of their best defensemen for the foreseeable future.

Matt Dumba, who already hit the double-digit goal mark for a fourth consecutive season with an NHL defensemen-leading 12 goals, is expected to be sidelined until after the upcoming Christmas break and, from the sounds of it longer, with an upper-body injury sustained Saturday night against the Calgary Flames.

“He’ll probably miss this week for sure,” coach Bruce Boudreau said. “That’s about as much of an update as you’re going to get.”
Did they say the injury happened in that fight? If so, THAT SUCKS.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

Hornets wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:35 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:30 pm Micheal Russo:

Did they say the injury happened in that fight? If so, THAT SUCKS.
They haven't said anything, but Bruce implied that it had something to do with sticking up for the team.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Reading elsewhere that it could be a concussion.
calbolton

Post by calbolton »

I'm curious to see how the team plays without Dumba. He was the reason Calgary scored on the short handed goal. He's got a great slap shot, but is such a liability on defense.
Only Frood to win 2 Gibbys.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

So now do we get to retaliate against Tzachuk for knockin Dumba out? Foligno better send him a message next game that this will NOT be tolerated....
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hornets wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:53 pm So now do we get to retaliate against Tzachuk for knockin Dumba out? Foligno better send him a message next game that this will NOT be tolerated....
The ultimate irony in all of this is that Calgary felt they needed to take the law into their own hands from a game that was played a week before in which the only two players that were suspended for crossing the line were both Flames players. Nevermind, that the Flames already got even with Dumba as he was jumped by Lomborg (who is minor league trash) before that earlier game had even concluded, but collectively manufactured so much fake outrage over the incident that Tkachuk actually believed he was doing something noble and chivalrous by jumping Dumba again less than one minute into the last game.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:53 pm So now do we get to retaliate against Tzachuk for knockin Dumba out? Foligno better send him a message next game that this will NOT be tolerated....
T-Chuck is a man. He's got his father's genes. He's not a afraid of Foligno. Nobody is afraid of anyone on our team. T-Chuck will smile and take on Foligno, no problem.

Like I said and got LOL's a while back, the Wild are an easy play for a road team. They can come into town and not give two shits about taking down Dumba, let alone the other liberties they can take. It's not about W's and L's when your a pussy ass team in Dec, Jan then in Feb and March....
Hole Nova Level

calbolton wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm I'm curious to see how the team plays without Dumba. He was the reason Calgary scored on the short handed goal. He's got a great slap shot, but is such a liability on defense.
Don't say that. He's up there with Ray Bourque and Al Mcinnis....lol.

Phil Housley got traded a zillion times cuz teams got sick of his pussy ass defensive zone play. Scored a bunch of D-pts tho.

Wild fans take Housley, i'll take:

Lidstrom
Stevens
Borque
Keith
Niedermayer
Chara
Havlat
Burns
Etc.....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:14 am
calbolton wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:25 pm I'm curious to see how the team plays without Dumba. He was the reason Calgary scored on the short handed goal. He's got a great slap shot, but is such a liability on defense.

Phil Housley got traded a zillion times cuz teams got sick of his pussy ass defensive zone play. Scored a bunch of D-pts tho.

Lidstrom
Stevens
Borque
Keith
Niedermayer
Chara
Havlat
Burns
Etc.....
We're not that far apart on this topic Hole....I have never argued against wanting the Wild to be more physical. Not sure who wins a Tzachuk/Foligno fight, that's not the point. The point is that the Flames have gone out of their way to send a message to Dumba and when the teams meet again I will be steamin mad if the Wild let the issue go. The fact that Dumba is now out for awhile is infuriating to me and SOMEONE has to do something about it. Also, the continued Dumba hate by a few here is laughable. The guy is turning into a game changer and not only is he lightin up the scoreboard, his defense HAS certainly improved and he is plain and simply a top NHL d-man at this point.

Finally, it's a fine list of playa's you posted, but what is Havlat doing on that list? Are you seriously given props to Martin Havlat or is there anotha Havlat that I'm just not remembering?!
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

Lidstrom
Stevens
Borque
Keith
Niedermayer
Chara
Havlat
Burns
Etc.....
Havlat was a winger, and Keith has one of the lowest hits/game rate of any defenseman in the league. Career, it is just a tick below Jonas Brodin and barely above half the hit rate of Suter.

Dumba definitely hits more than Burns.

I realize there is more to being a physical player than registered hits, but Keith is definitely not a physical defenseman and Burns is known to be a defensive liability.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Lenny5160 wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:17 am

Lidstrom
Stevens
Borque
Keith
Niedermayer
Chara
Havlat
Burns
Etc.....
Havlat was a winger, and Keith has one of the lowest hits/game rate of any defenseman in the league. Career, it is just a tick below Jonas Brodin and barely above half the hit rate of Suter.

Dumba definitely hits more than Burns.

I realize there is more to being a physical player than registered hits, but Keith is definitely not a physical defenseman and Burns is known to be a defensive liability.
I think Hole was comparing Housley to that list, not Dumba. Housley had some limitations, but good golly he had a wonderful career!
Hole Nova Level

LOL, I Meant KArlson, not Havlat. lol.

I'm not even talking "hits". I'm talking corner work, and net work, behind the net, getting pucks out of the zone...etc....dirty D-man work and willingness to do it and take pride in it.
calbolton

Post by calbolton »

There should be a stat on how many odd man rushes are created when Dumba leaves the blue line to go deep into the zone.
Only Frood to win 2 Gibbys.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

calbolton wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:32 pm There should be a stat on how many odd man rushes are created when Dumba leaves the blue line to go deep into the zone.
Yeah he has some defensive deficiencies but he is only 24, and we all know it takes a little longer to become an elite defenseman compared to being an elite forward. He is a plus 34 in his career so it’s not like he’s terrible defensively. Glad he’s a Wild and that he got a new contract.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Going to be out a few months, potentially the season.

Getting surgery.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_B_U wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:48 pm Going to be out a few months, potentially the season.

Getting surgery.
Sucks
https://www.foxsports.com/north/story/m ... ury-122118
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 pm
D_B_U wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:48 pm Going to be out a few months, potentially the season.

Getting surgery.
Sucks
100% He was having such a strong year to start.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

D_B_U wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:06 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Getting surgery.
Sucks
100% He was having such a strong year to start.
He’s entertaining to watch to say the least. Let’s face it there isn’t a boatload of exciting players on the Wild. With Dumba you get physicality, scoring, and the occasional bad turnover. With him done possibly for the year this team will continue to regress in my opinion and miss the playoffs but I stated that before the season. Teased us for a bit but then December came along. Hey I hope I’m dead wrong but just don’t see it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Now I really think it's tank time....hate to say it, but it's true.
Hole Nova Level

Your not getting much "physicality" from a 175 pd D-man.

He's built like a skinny mini and nobody fears the physical aspect of him at all. There are no "alerts" when he's on the ice. Suban for example has 30 solid pounds on him and delivers the blows that forwards fear.

The Wild decided during the CHI/DET cup years to go "small" and "fast". They forgot that you have to have top end talent for that style and now have medium level talent with small players, and the "big" players that they have, play small as well.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:01 pm Your not getting much "physicality" from a 175 pd D-man.

He's built like a skinny mini and nobody fears the physical aspect of him at all. There are no "alerts" when he's on the ice. Suban for example has 30 solid pounds on him and delivers the blows that forwards fear.

The Wild decided during the CHI/DET cup years to go "small" and "fast". They forgot that you have to have top end talent for that style and now have medium level talent with small players, and the "big" players that they have, play small as well.
Dumba plays bigger than his 175 pound frame. Of course you will disagree with that too I'm sure. Regardless of your tough guy takes, and I love physical hockey, I will take Dumba on this team all day every day.

Believe HNL I miss the days of the North Stars and their battles with the Hawks. Those games were epic but that kind of hockey is long gone.
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:37 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:01 pm Your not getting much "physicality" from a 175 pd D-man.

Dumba plays bigger than his 175 pound frame. Of course you will disagree with that too I'm sure. Regardless of your tough guy takes, and I love physical hockey, I will take Dumba on this team all day every day.

Believe HNL I miss the days of the North Stars and their battles with the Hawks. Those games were epic but that kind of hockey is long gone.
He's a minus 5 and averages less than 2-registered hits per game. I'm not sure how "big" he's playing.

I'd take Dumba on my team every day too. As my 4-5th D-man 3rd- Dman on a middle tier team (which he's on the Wild as a top-2 Dman which should tell you something).
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:48 pm

He's a minus 5 and averages less than 2-registered hits per game. I'm not sure how "big" he's playing.

I'd take Dumba on my team every day too. As my 4-5th D-man 3rd- Dman on a middle tier team (which he's on the Wild as a top-2 Dman which should tell you something).
He’s a +34 for his career though so there’s that. He is what he is and I for one enjoy watching him play even though he can make me go WTF at times
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:53 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:48 pm

He’s a +34 for his career though so there’s that. He is what he is and I for one enjoy watching him play even though he can make me go WTF at times
I'm glad you enjoy watching him play.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

0-4 since Dumba got hurt. 1,2,3,.....
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Out for at least 3 months with a torn pectoral. Sell sell sell.
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:08 am 0-4 since Dumba got hurt. 1,2,3,.....
Might have more to do with 3 goals in 4 games....
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:44 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:08 am 0-4 since Dumba got hurt. 1,2,3,.....
No doubt they miss the NHLs second leading defensemans goal scoring prowess
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:04 am
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:44 am
No doubt they miss the NHLs second leading defensemans goal scoring prowess
LOL.