Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

High School Hockey Talk

A place to discuss the MN Wild
full force five

Re: High School Hockey Talk

Post by full force five »

No Brink would have been a Junior this year but decided to play USHL instead of high school.

Loheit is playing at the BCHL league not with UMD this year.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Nephew's Simley Spartans bounced back after getting slaughtered by Hill and tied South St. Paul 1-1. Nephew got the only goal.

3 goals & an assist in 6 games so far
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 am Nephew's Simley Spartans bounced back after getting slaughtered by Hill and tied South St. Paul 1-1. Nephew got the only goal.

:thumbsup:
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Go Skippers!
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets roll through their annual Holiday tournament and playin a little better than I thought they would at this point. Lost a lot of firepower from last years state tourney squad but might have better balance this season. Giles just keeps on keepin on!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Grand Forks Central is just rolling through the North Dakota high school hockey season. I’d love to see how they would do against some of the top teams in Minnesota. Funny they don’t schedule Moorhead since it’s just 75 miles south on I-29.
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:08 pm Grand Forks Central is just rolling through the North Dakota high school hockey season. I’d love to see how they would do against some of the top teams in Minnesota. Funny they don’t schedule Moorhead since it’s just 75 miles south on I-29.
dont they play Warriors,Rams or Green wave? Thief RIver? Not sure where those teams are ranked this year but Grand Forks schools always played them way back in the day!!!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:05 am Hornets roll through their annual Holiday tournament and playin a little better than I thought they would at this point. Lost a lot of firepower from last years state tourney squad but might have better balance this season. Giles just keeps on keepin on!
They are starting to play better as expected, but not sure they have the depth of previous teams. They're likely the #1 seed in 5AA depending upon how their games go against Wayzata. CDH was a pre-season darling to push both those teams in sections but so far have been underwhelming. Wayzata does have 2 losses but both to Top 5 teams in MG and DE.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Sellingguy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:51 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:08 pm Grand Forks Central is just rolling through the North Dakota high school hockey season. I’d love to see how they would do against some of the top teams in Minnesota. Funny they don’t schedule Moorhead since it’s just 75 miles south on I-29.
dont they play Warriors,Rams or Green wave? Thief RIver? Not sure where those teams are ranked this year but Grand Forks schools always played them way back in the day!!!
Just looked at their schedule. The play EGF twice
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:45 am Nephew's Simley Spartans bounced back after getting slaughtered by Hill and tied South St. Paul 1-1. Nephew got the only goal.

Dammit DC, that's the kid I thought you were talking about in the first place! :punch:

He's a player.
butterscotch streetlamps mark my path
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Lenny5160 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:22 pm

Dammit DC, that's the kid I thought you were talking about in the first place! :punch:

He's a player.
Dont think it is lol.

His only sibling is 2 years old :D
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

DC4MVP wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:01 am
Lenny5160 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am DC, is your nephew Little Sid? I played with his old man and shared a lot of practice ice with the young man in PeeWees. Promising player, for sure.
He is not.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Lenny5160 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:59 pm
Lenny5160 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am DC, is your nephew Little Sid? I played with his old man and shared a lot of practice ice with the young man in PeeWees. Promising player, for sure.
He is not.
I'm confused.
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:48 pm

He is not.
I'm confused.
The kid that scored the goal against SSP; his dad was called Sid. His late uncle was called Sid. So I called the kid Little Sid. Comes from their last name.

I then switched my guess to the kid with the younger brother when you said that my first guess was wrong.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Lenny5160 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:52 pm
I'm confused.
The kid that scored the goal against SSP; his dad was called Sid. His late uncle was called Sid. So I called the kid Little Sid. Comes from their last name.

I then switched my guess to the kid with the younger brother when you said that my first guess was wrong.
Was his uncle's name Chris(tian)? Dad Luke?
Lenny5160

Post by Lenny5160 »

DC4MVP wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm

I'm confused.

Yes. I am Luke's age but played with both of them. Chris only briefly. Nobody could knock that beast off the puck.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Lenny5160 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:28 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Yes. I am Luke's age but played with both of them. Chris only briefly. Nobody could knock that beast off the puck.
Ahhhhh ok. I had no idea they were called "Sid" lol. Makes sense with their last name.

"Little Sid" certainly takes more after his dad's size wise than Chris' but nobody can catch the little shit.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Skipps and Hounds streaming right now on YHH. Tonka currently up 3-1 about midway through the 2nd
Sellingguy
***Official Gibby Award Winner - April 2019***

Post by Sellingguy »

reading the book about jefferson. some parents!
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:51 am reading the book about jefferson. some parents!
yep. and i don't think it'll have gotten any better with the other elite programs in the state now that jefferson has taken a step back. the kennedy-jefferson division in the city? that's interesting too. i remember watching bloomington lincoln in the state tournament many moons ago also-when there were three high schools in bloomington.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Couple good matchups online tonight: Maple Grove - Andover and Tonka - WBL.

Tonka - Hermantown and Edina - Blake on Saturday.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Tonka will roll WBL tonight.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Sellingguy wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:51 am reading the book about jefferson. some parents!
So True. Half of High School hockey HC-gig is "coaching" the f-ckin parents. Literally gotta be half.

I got a buddy that coached Varsity at our alum-school...Said it turned into a nightmare with the parents. My fav story was parents that were p-ssed at him for the team having some sort of planned pre-game team-snack on the bus ride to a game, but he didn't check if kids were gluten free or not. HAHAHAHA.

The minutia that he has to dedicate himself too. He stepped down before this season started.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am Couple good matchups online tonight: Maple Grove - Andover and Tonka - WBL.

The season is really heating up now, best time of the winter as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to next weekends home and home series between the Hornets and the Pioneers....Friday at Aldrich, Saturday at Braemar and I hope to make both of them! Then Hockey Day In Minnesota right after that!
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am
Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:09 am Couple good matchups online tonight: Maple Grove - Andover and Tonka - WBL.

The season is really heating up now, best time of the winter as far as I'm concerned. Looking forward to next weekends home and home series between the Hornets and the Pioneers....Friday at Aldrich, Saturday at Braemar and I hope to make both of them! Then Hockey Day In Minnesota right after that!
Yesirree. Pretty bizarre that I can watch more HS puck online (even as much as I love it) here than I can Gophers games. Dad used to take me to a few Gophers games a year at Williams Arena starting when I was 5 and we had tickets to the HS tourney at the Civic Center up through my last year in college. We even had tickets for the FIghting Saints for one year when they were playing at Roy Wilkins.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Slap Shot wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:36 am
Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:15 am

Yesirree. Pretty bizarre that I can watch more HS puck online (even as much as I love it) here than I can Gophers games. Dad used to take me to a few Gophers games a year at Williams Arena starting when I was 5 and we had tickets to the HS tourney at the Civic Center up through my last year in college. We even had tickets for the FIghting Saints for one year when they were playing at Roy Wilkins.
WOW! Didn't know the Saints played a year at Wilkins! Went to about 6 or 7 Saints game at the Civic Center with Father Munger and just LOVED them. My favorite player was Mike "Shaky" Walton!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hockey Day North Dakota starts here tomorrow. It’s been a ton of work by a lot of people but well worth it
https://www.valleynewslive.com/video/?vid=504489052
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Getting psyched up for the Edina/Hill Murray home and home series starting tomorrow.....can't wait!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Had the privilege of coaching Aaron. Great kid who absolutely loved hockey

https://www.inforum.com/incoming/954057 ... lane-crash

https://www.jamestownsun.com/sports/hoc ... zing-temps
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hornets wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:19 pm Getting psyched up for the Edina/Hill Murray home and home series starting tomorrow.....can't wait!
Good game tonight at Aldrich with my Hornets prevailing 3-0. Saw Tom Chorske in the stands....his kid is a Hornet!