Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If this team stays healthy...

A place to discuss the MN Wild
beetlebum71

If this team stays healthy...

Post by beetlebum71 »

I know that's a big IF on this squad, but they have the depth, the leaders, and the goalie to make a real run at the cup. I think they might be one defenseman short, but their forward rotation is damn solid. Get Greenway and Nino going and they'll really have something. Its early, but the Timberwolves blow, so my hockey eyes are on. This could be a fun year.
Jaamz

Re: If this team stays healthy...

Post by Jaamz »

I hope so ...Doobs hasn't hit his streak where he completely forgets how to play his position yet...hoping it doesn't happen this year.
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

I'm not a big hockey follower, but when the Wild are doing well I like to keep up and watch a few games.

What are the changes or difference from last years squad? Did they add some key pieces or is it just some young guys getting better?
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

Are the "youngins" finally coming of age? Could be a fun spring
ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Stu Pedaso wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 am I'm not a big hockey follower, but when the Wild are doing well I like to keep up and watch a few games.

What are the changes or difference from last years squad? Did they add some key pieces or is it just some young guys getting better?
Granlund has been awesome. Parise and Suter are healthy. The 4th line and 3rd defensive pairing have been positive, not just guys to stem the tide until they can get their studs back out there. They e even still got some contributors down on the farm and some vets who will play better than they are right now. Health will be the key.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

LOVE the positivity of this thread! SO many things have to go right for any team to win the Cup. Gotta stay healthy....gotta have a hot goalie.....gotta stay disciplined......gotta have some puck luck. We have seen nice stretches like this from our Wild just about every year since Zach & Ryan got here. Sadly we have seen some horrendous and uninspired play most years as well. Who knows....maybe THIS is our year?! Just gonna enjoy this run while it lasts and am excited about my next appearance at the X which will be next Saturday vs Jason Pominville and the Sabres!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

Good lord.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

No doubt it's been a fun start but I will hold my "we are Cup contenders" back until I see us win a first round playoff series. But before that even happens they first have to make the playoffs. It's a long grind with so many factors that have to be damn near perfect for this team to be a legit contender. Right now they have been a joy to watch.
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:12 pm
Stu Pedaso wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:31 am I'm not a big hockey follower, but when the Wild are doing well I like to keep up and watch a few games.

Granlund has been awesome. Parise and Suter are healthy. The 4th line and 3rd defensive pairing have been positive, not just guys to stem the tide until they can get their studs back out there. They e even still got some contributors down on the farm and some vets who will play better than they are right now. Health will be the key.
Thanks!
Qman65

Post by Qman65 »

3rd best record in what the west?
"That's like uh, your opinion man"!
dennis1

Post by dennis1 »

You can't help but really be impressed with this road trip. Fingers crossed that we don't see the December swoon.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Qman65 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm 3rd best record in what the west?
477E8CE7-516F-4FEC-8CF3-E71A48E80D88.jpeg
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Man would that be fun.
full force five

Post by full force five »

This is the narrative right? Maybe they are exceeding expectations right now: start out hot, play well for parts of the season, probably end up with the 4-6 seed and get knocked out in the first round. The old guys need to stay health all season: Mikko, Zack, Sutter and Stall. They have not room or cap space to add someone. I can see them trading Nino or Coyle in Feb.
Tuck ya in

Post by Tuck ya in »

Need our aged vets to keep their health & endurance up in the 2nd half of the season. Right now they're healthy and have fresh legs. Trade deadline might be a fun one...
salamander

Post by salamander »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:55 am I know that's a big IF on this squad, but they have the depth, the leaders, and the goalie to make a real run at the cup. I think they might be one defenseman short, but their forward rotation is damn solid. Get Greenway and Nino going and they'll really have something. Its early, but the Timberwolves blow, so my hockey eyes are on. This could be a fun year.
Yeah, they look ridiculously good this year.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

Qman65 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:26 pm 3rd best record in what the west?
The entire league. They're 2nd in the conference and 2nd in the west.
It's been 32 years since one of MN's four major sports teams has been to the Championship/Superbowl.
Every single year is failure until we win one. 4 teams, 32 years. That's roughly 128 consecutive failed seasons.
salamander

Post by salamander »

full force five wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:47 am This is the narrative right? Maybe they are exceeding expectations right now: start out hot, play well for parts of the season, probably end up with the 4-6 seed and get knocked out in the first round. The old guys need to stay health all season: Mikko, Zack, Sutter and Stall. They have not room or cap space to add someone. I can see them trading Nino or Coyle in Feb.
Nooooo, not Nino!
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

beetlebum71 wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:55 am I know that's a big IF on this squad, but they have the depth, the leaders, and the goalie to make a real run at the cup. I think they might be one defenseman short, but their forward rotation is damn solid. Get Greenway and Nino going and they'll really have something. Its early, but the Timberwolves blow, so my hockey eyes are on. This could be a fun year.
Oh boy.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:57 pm
Oh boy.
I wasn't aware that Fenton was going to sabotage the team.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

beetlebum71 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:37 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:57 pm
Oh boy.
I wasn't aware that Fenton was going to sabotage the team.
That's not the reason this team sucks. So you were banking on Coyle and Granny????

Add them back to this team and guess what changes.

NOTHING.

Go watch Edina kids get blasted in the corners with Gus.