Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Love what Lucic did, f-ck his fine, f-ck Parros and the NHL discipline!

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Hole Nova Level

Love what Lucic did, f-ck his fine, f-ck Parros and the NHL discipline!

Post by Hole Nova Level »

You check a player from behind...Lucic is on the team, time to pay the bill. Lucic and Edmonton sent a message to the rest of the NHL. You cheap shot my guys, you will be stalked....hit....knelt over, punched in the head and look like a baby puppy, after all said and done at the hand of Lucic.

I've said for years the NHL is going thru an identity crisis with this faster-more-offense game. The game of Hockey requires a policing element, that no other sport requires and to take that out of the game will leave your sacred offensive players being hit from behind to no avail (no penalty for Joseph hitting guy from behind/boarding, no fine etc).

Had the Wild had Lucic (I wanted him when he went to Edmonton) or a guy like Lucic, maybe, just maybe- Baby-Zach's back feels a little better during his time with the Wild. He gets the sh-t beat out of him all over the ice and it's not only "his style" that causes it. It's because teams know there is ZERO Wild players they have to answer to, after they cross check him in the back from behind.

Maybe Carly Zucker has even more room on the ice to score his "automatic" 30 goals.

Love him or hate him. What Lucic did was Boss-style hockey.
D_B_U

Re: Love what Lucic did, f-ck his fine, f-ck Parros and the NHL discipline!

Post by D_B_U »

While I agree you need to pay the price for our actions, Todd Bertuzzi proved how actions like Lucic's are wrong.

What he did was assault. I havent seen the hit that lead to what Lucic did, so I admit I am not working with the full story but I have seen the Lucic hit and it was out of line.

Its one thing to check a guy hard but to chase him down, check him without the puck and then punch him in the face... That is assault.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Bertuzzi and this are completely different. Bertuzzi gave no warning for his mugging.

Lucic wacked Joseph on the skate....Joseph played possum like he didn't feel it....

Love EVERYTHING Lucic did, how he did it, the way he did it, even loved how he sat on top of this punk AFTER the punch- and talked to him like a puppy!

Know the code.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

I don't disagree. I wish the NHL players could still police themselves as much as they use to be able to. Joseph will think twice next time he does something like that and it won't be because he's afraid of the zebras either.
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:51 am Bertuzzi and this are completely different. Bertuzzi gave no warning for his mugging.

Lucic wacked Joseph on the skate....Joseph played possum like he didn't feel it....
Right then and there, Joseph should have thought "Alright, I know what I did. Time to pay the piper."

He should have just dropped the gloves with Lucic, got in close, get some jersey and let Lucic smack him bare fisted in the helmet a few times, throw a few of his own, and tackle him to the ground and be done with it. I'd much rather get into a a fight on the ice then get blind sided like he ended up getting. At least you know the punches are coming.

Joseph knew what he did. Was it the most egregious hit in the world? No. But you can't take a run at a guy from behind into the boards and expect to not get retaliation. And the fucking ref WATCHED IT HAPPEN and didn't blow the whistle.

The NHL is trying to get rid of these fights but won't call hits that lead to them? You can't have it both ways. If he got 4 minutes for the check, that would have been it. Done. But the refs didn't punish Joseph so Lucic had to.

Oh and might I add.....even though it was obvious interference, if Joseph has the puck at the time of the hit....that's a 100% legal hit. It was shoulder to shoulder. No elbow or anything to the head. The punch afterwards.....not crazy about that but it was a legit hit.

Lucic should have gotten 5 and that's that. No fine. No suspension. 5 minutes.

NHL's fault. If you're not going to police the game, the players are more than willing to.