Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

***Official Wild @ Predators*** GDT! 10/15/18

A place to discuss the MN Wild
DC4MVP

Re: ***Official Wild @ Predators*** GDT! 10/15/18

Post by DC4MVP »

Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm It's only a short sample, but to be honest I have been a bit disappointed with the play of Greenway. The guy is huge yet doesn't seem interested in checking anyone, is kinda slow, and worst of all his helmet doesn't seem to fit...the eye shield covers his forehead not his eyes.
Coyle 2.0
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

mglviks wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:33 pm
Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:13 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:03 pm

Yep. His name is Jack Hughes. Gets McDavid/Crosby comparisons.
I'm in!
Worth it.

Pretty unimpressive start in our GMs first offseason. Major reach in r1 of draft. C list FA and zero trades when some good ones were out there. Galenchuck(?spell) wouldve been nice.
Galchenyuk has/had serious substance abuse issues. I would have taken a flyer on him if they were giving him away but I don't think his price tag was that low.
full force five

Post by full force five »

Coyle, Nino, Staal, Miko, Greenway, 4th line are all super slow with zero creativity. Trade Coyle, Nino and Staal for whatever, start over.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

full force five wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:32 am Coyle, Nino, Staal, Miko, Greenway, 4th line are all super slow with zero creativity. Trade Coyle, Nino and Staal for whatever, start over.
Nino isn't a speed demon but I wouldn't bunch him in with those other lead foot skaters you mentioned. Trade wise we know we can't trade Zach or Ryan, but I'd make ANYONE else available in the right circumstance (although I really don't want to lose Zucker or Dumba).
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

Hornets wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 pm The guy is huge yet doesn't seem interested in checking anyone, is kinda slow,
AKA: a perfect Wild- fit.

You've been rooting for an entire team with this mentality for how long???

Maybe your realizing it?????....better late than never.

Greenway had the chance to make a name for himself and carry some momentum into the next season by throwing his weight around vs. Big Buff himself (ala Ed Jovocop Jovanoski his rookie year, taking on The Big E in the playoffs). But he did the opposite. He shied away from playoff-contact, pretended to not care who checked him, (another Wild trait) and got his big ass thrown around by Buff and did nothing of the sort to show any bite back.

So instead he carried a big tall and SOFT label into the 2018 season (vs. Jovocop carrying momentum into the next season as a Bruising D-man you don't mess with).

He commands ZERO respect on the ice and makes ZERO room for himself or his teammates in the O-Zone. With his size he should be crunching guys in the corners/boards and bossing guys around in front of the net. For a guy as big as he is, it's quite the accomplishment that ZERO people/opponents show him ZERO respect.

One of the most passive aggressive rosters ever assembled in the NHL. But hey it is MN after all. Perfect fit.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

It's extremely early in Greenways NHL career so I'm not gonna give up on him YET, but the early sample size I have seen is not favorable. Bottom line....if you are THAT big you need to use your size as an asset and make the opponents around you uncomfortable knowing that a big hit could be coming their way if their head is not up....kinda like Buff does!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
full force five

Post by full force five »

Greenway this year 1 assists.

He is 6'6" 230, plays like Tyler Ennis. It's just sad to watch. Good point about how Buff treated him in the playoffs, that's all you need to know. Buff destroyed him and Greenway whimpered in the corner.