Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zucker Signs 5 year deal!

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Corre Ricky Corre

Zucker Signs 5 year deal!

Post by Corre Ricky Corre »

Zucker signs 5 year, 27.5 mil deal!!!
Restricted free agent Jason Zucker will stay with the Minnesota Wild after agreeing a five-year, $27.5 million contract, the team announced on Wednesday afternoon.

His deal makes him the fifth-highest-paid player on the team with an average annual value of $5.5 million.
bubu dubu.

Re: Zucker Signs 5 year deal!

Post by bubu dubu. »

Nice. The Wild have basically been able to lock up any young guy that matters, which was a concern with this prospect group when they signed Parise and Suter.
The Replacements

Post by The Replacements »

Hopefully they didn't include a no trade clause.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Gotta love it!

Thought it would be more. :thumbsup:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

It's a move that had to be made. That being said, we are looking at basically the same team heading into next season....guessing a few of you aren't too thrilled about that....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

I am thrilled about that. Same team Bwahaha.
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
INSIJS

Post by INSIJS »

Excellent signing. All the wasted KFAN talk about trading him. Yeah they need to kill segments but it was so dumb. Anybody with an IQ over 50 knew he was part of the solution and not part of the problem.
Fuck you. :finger: Original RC 2004 & RC Kickball Team. :drinky:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

mglviks wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:06 pm Gotta love it!

Thought it would be more. :thumbsup:
Thought it would be equivalent to Dumba’s if not more. Now he just needs to step it up come playoff time because he’s been a non factor but so has most the team.
JPM
Formerly Clarkgriswald

Post by JPM »

Wild non factor in playoffs. What's gonna change?
40+ year Viking fan turned Packer fan turned J-E-T-S fan.
full force five

Post by full force five »

I'm fine with it. He did score 33 goals last year. This will essentially be the same team for a couple years until Miko's contract is over 2 more years at 5 million each. The problem is we have zero cap space. Hopefully a few young players blow up.
CasualObserverGuy

Post by CasualObserverGuy »

Glad they kept him. glad he accepted less to stay. Others on the team are less desirable.
Jesus threw the money changers out of the Temple in Jerusalem. We need to throw the bankers out of Washington.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

full force five wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 am I'm fine with it. He did score 33 goals last year. This will essentially be the same team for a couple years until Miko's contract is over 2 more years at 5 million each. The problem is we have zero cap space. Hopefully a few young players blow up.
hopefully Alex Tuch or the Russian kid....Ericksson Ek brings it next year.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:12 pm It's a move that had to be made. That being said, we are looking at basically the same team heading into next season....guessing a few of you aren't too thrilled about that....
Your post is basically the offseason in a nutshell, but I guess is what Leipold was saying when he was looking just for a tweak. The tweak I guess is in the bottom 6.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:12 pm It's a move that had to be made. That being said, we are looking at basically the same team heading into next season....guessing a few of you aren't too thrilled about that....
While I would have been happy with a shake up.. We are also not a bad team and could be better if Parise is healthy(Huge if) and Coyle and Nino decide to contribute(also a big if).

That being said, lets say those guys step up, we still need to get huge years out of Staal and Zucker.

Maybe a light will turn on. We certainly have pieces to the puzzle but still struggle to see this core ever winning the Stanley Cup.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

It will be interesting. Injuries took a pretty good toll on them last year but I agree on paper expectations maybe shouldn't be that high. They really need to see improvement down the middle and with transition play if they hope to take the next step.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

We all know there is some talent on this squad but think many are tired of the status quo. Wouldn't shock me if they have a great year, wouldn't shock me if they miss the playoffs.....

LET'S GO WILD!!
ILLogic

Post by ILLogic »

Like the deal
ive spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Good deal. Nice to get him locked up. An interesting side note, Zucker is only the 2nd player the Wild have ever drafted that has went on to score 30 goals in the NHL (Gaborik was the other). And that means for any team in the NHL, not just in a Wild uniform.
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

The only good thing about this is they can trade him. He's a playoff p-ssy. Strings goals together in losses hence his high number. He's a weak-p-ssy hockey player that MN folk have come to love. If he scores 15 goals by trade deadline, please trade him and Carly somewhere.

Love the article in the PP after we signed him..."MN loves Zucker and Carly cuz they do donate time and stuff a lot, they are nice, we should have signed him etc..." twas the theme.
Hole Nova Level

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 pm Good deal. Nice to get him locked up. An interesting side note, Zucker is only the 2nd player the Wild have ever drafted that has went on to score 30 goals in the NHL (Gaborik was the other). And that means for any team in the NHL, not just in a Wild uniform.
14 goals, 15 assists, -4 for Carly Zucker.

Please trade this p-ssy.
Hole Nova Level

bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:59 am The only good thing about this is they can trade him. He's a playoff p-ssy. Strings goals together in losses hence his high number. He's a weak-p-ssy hockey player that MN folk have come to love. If he scores 15 goals by trade deadline, please trade him and Carly somewhere.

Love the article in the PP after we signed him..."MN loves Zucker and Carly cuz they do donate time and stuff a lot, they are nice, we should have signed him etc..." twas the theme.
If they plan on moving him they better do it before his NTC kicks in which I believe is after this season.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:35 pm
Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:41 pm Good deal. Nice to get him locked up. An interesting side note, Zucker is only the 2nd player the Wild have ever drafted that has went on to score 30 goals in the NHL (Gaborik was the other). And that means for any team in the NHL, not just in a Wild uniform.

Please trade this p-ssy.
Nice Hole Nova....you nailed this beeotch! :thumbsup:
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hornets wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Please trade this p-ssy.
Good call by Nova. I didn't see this comin' but must admit I was a little worried by Nova's lack of enthusiasm about the deal. He knows a lot about hockey even if I don't always agree with him.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Please trade this p-ssy.
Good call by Nova. I didn't see this comin' but must admit I was a little worried by Nova's lack of enthusiasm about the deal. He knows a lot about hockey even if I don't always agree with him.
Hole hadn't posted for quite some time....started to wonder if he went the way of The Kinkster.
Hole Nova Level

Please trade this p-ssy.
Disagreeing with "right" is a bad way to go tho. Truth hurts.

I'd take ONE Stanley CUP with no playoffs for 5 years- over "6 playoffs in a row". Believe that right now. To be a fan on that Cup Ride, watching your alpha male-captain grab that cup and raise it, to feel that, to know that-that captain and his teammates, went to hell and came back with the Cup for this state. Get outta here with that "made the playoffs stuff".
Justin Kase

Post by Justin Kase »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:52 am

Disagreeing with "right" is a bad way to go tho. Truth hurts.

I'd take ONE Stanley CUP with no playoffs for 5 years- over "6 playoffs in a row". Believe that right now. To be a fan on that Cup Ride, watching your alpha male-captain grab that cup and raise it, to feel that, to know that-that captain and his teammates, went to hell and came back with the Cup for this state. Get outta here with that "made the playoffs stuff".
Alpha male Captain? It’d be great to have one of those!
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Please trade this p-ssy.
He is pressing big time. I just dont think you get the value in return for him now. I would keep him but they need to get consistent line mates and people who can find him in space.

Zucker also needs to figure out finishing. He has just been a bit off but I dont think last year was a fluke.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

D_B_U wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:29 pm

Please trade this p-ssy.
He is pressing big time. I just dont think you get the value in return for him now. I would keep him but they need to get consistent line mates and people who can find him in space.

Zucker also needs to figure out finishing. He has just been a bit off but I dont think last year was a fluke.
Zucker has been a disaster so far this season, but he's the one guy that I fear losing and then he goes on to average 30 goals the next 5 years for someone else.....guy has elite speed and can be a game changer if he puts his mind to it.
D_B_U

Post by D_B_U »

Hornets wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Zucker has been a disaster so far this season, but he's the one guy that I fear losing and then he goes on to average 30 goals the next 5 years for someone else.....guy has elite speed and can be a game changer if he puts his mind to it.
He looks to be a guy who is pressing the most. I think it will click but I think the pressure is becoming tough for him.

Honestly the whole team has been a disaster.