Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Zucker Signs 5 year deal!

A place to discuss the MN Wild
bubu dubu.

Re: Zucker Signs 5 year deal!

Post by bubu dubu. »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:29 am Yeo told us about this
Foligno told us about this
Russo is now starting to report on this
Nanne is even (finally) spilling the beans.....

It's been years of this locker room acting like the Desperate Housewives of the MN Wild.
I remember Russo reporting on it a few years ago. He isn't just starting now. He said something along the lines of the locker room being divided between the old veterans (Parise/Suter/Pominville/etc...) and the young guys (Granlund/Zucker/Dumba/Coyle/etc)
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

These "Hawkey" guy's sound like divas!

Get Lou in here and fix this thing.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I'm not a Zucker hater like some here and actually hope he stays. The guy has electrifying speed and scores some goals, which if I remember is the purpose of the game. I can almost guaranteed he'd be a regular 30+ goal scorer if dealt. Guy is still young, has a reasonable contract, and unless the front office wants to go into full tank mode you do not trade him.
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 2:16 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:29 am Yeo told us about this
Foligno told us about this
Russo is now starting to report on this
Nanne is even (finally) spilling the beans.....

It's been years of this locker room acting like the Desperate Housewives of the MN Wild.
I remember Russo reporting on it a few years ago. He isn't just starting now. He said something along the lines of the locker room being divided between the old veterans (Parise/Suter/Pominville/etc...) and the young guys (Granlund/Zucker/Dumba/Coyle/etc)
Right. That was the “yeo” reference. I remember the article. No one listened. Chalked it up to a scorned coach.

The baby Jesus bros got free passes.... Mickey koivu also...

Don’t forget that same year about the Adam oats debacle...initiated behind the back of yeo by Bryan Stuter and sac parise.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Paul Fenton has wasted no time putting his fingerprints on the Minnesota Wild since being named the third general manager in franchise history on May 21, 2018.

Nino Niederreiter, Charlie Coyle, and Mikael Granlund - all considered to be part of the team's core under the previous regime - have been dealt during the past year. And all signs indicate forward Jason Zucker will be next.

A deal to send Zucker to the Calgary Flames fell through just before the trade deadline in February. Last month, a reported move that would've sent him and Victor Rask to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Phil Kessel and Jack Johnson didn't happen because Kessel used his no-trade clause to nix the deal.

"I could be somewhere else before the award show (on Wednesday)," Zucker, who's nominated for the King Clancy Award, joked to The Athletic's Michael Russo. "I mean, honestly, I can be traded at any moment ... if it's going to happen, obviously."

Zucker signed a five-year extension in July, which was one of Fenton's first moves. He's expressed his love for Minnesota and a desire to stay with the Wild despite the constant trade rumors.

"That's what makes it the hardest because we're all great friends," Zucker said, referring to the teammates who reached out when the trades that fell through made headlines. "And I mean, as far as I know, they don't want me to leave and I don't want to, but again, that's kind of part of the business. But I will say, I do want to be somewhere I'm wanted.”

Zucker said he'll feel no animosity toward Fenton, regardless of what happens, but added that he doesn't exactly see eye to eye with the GM.

"I'm going to stay out of it because realistically, I mean Paul's never treated me poorly," Zucker said. "I have respected Paul in his position and what he does. Can I say fully that I agree with everything? No, but I can say that about any position, any person in the world I wouldn't totally agree with everything. And most people would say that about me, and that's just the way it works."

Zucker, 27, set career highs with 33 goals and 64 points in 2017-18 but tallied just 21 goals and 42 points last year. His contract carries a $5.5-million cap hit through the 2022-23 season and a 10-team no-trade list that kicks in July 1.
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:00 pm
But I will say, I do want to be somewhere I'm wanted.”
He'll be traded ASAP.

As stated Fenton doesn't want to go into the beginning of an offseason, training camp, etc....with "poor-me"- Carly Zucker.
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:05 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:00 pm
But I will say, I do want to be somewhere I'm wanted.”
He'll be traded ASAP.

As stated Fenton doesn't want to go into the beginning of an offseason, training camp, etc....with "poor-me"- Carly Zucker.
I’d be shocked if he wasn’t traded. Thanks to his subpar season and the ludicrous no trade clause that doesn’t kick in until the 2nd offseason of a five year contract the Wild will get jack shit in return. Maybe some good can still come from it if they handcuff Rask to him?
full force five

Post by full force five »

Trade him. Get Lee and Ben Chiarot and a few other lesser pieces and roll the dice.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sure is a lot of hatred being spewed Zucker's way by some of you. I was disappointed in his season last year but the guy is still young, has world class speed, and is a proven goal scorer.....Want him traded? Be careful what you wish for.....
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Hornets wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm Sure is a lot of hatred being spewed Zucker's way by some of you. I was disappointed in his season last year but the guy is still young, has world class speed, and is a proven goal scorer.....Want him traded? Be careful what you wish for.....
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I necessarily want him traded, I'm just stating that he will be because Fenton got himself backed into a corner with the absurd NMC he gave him that begins on July 1st. Regardless of how you feel about him he is legitimately one of the best 3 or 4 forwards on the team (sure that's not saying much, but still) and very well may be the fastest player they have on a team that already lacks plenty of speed, even with him included. If it's the same pile of trash that Calgary was offering (Sam Bennett and a washed up and useless Michael Frolik) or something similar I'd tell them to get fucked and keep him. If the team gets as shitty as I think it will be in the foreseeable future Zucker will waive the NMC anyways and they'll still be able to move him.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker claimed the King Clancy Memorial Trophy on Wednesday, awarded to the player who "best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution in his community."
18482F19-B04A-4ED8-8F15-F52013E76457.jpeg
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

After all the nights on the ice under the pressure of the NHL stage, it was an award-show stage that made Jason Zucker sweat.

The Wild forward received the NHL’s King Clancy Memorial Trophy on Wednesday, given to the player who best exemplifies “leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution to his community,” after a year that saw him raise more than $1 million for a local hospital in Minneapolis.

But the wait for the announcement tested his nerves.

“I was more nervous there than playing hockey my whole life, I think,” Zucker said.

He received the honor after a year that saw the completion of the Zucker Family Suite and Broadcast Studio at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital. Through the ongoing #GIVE16 campaign — named after his jersey number to encourage donations in denominations of 16 — he and wife Carly have raised nearly $1.5 million.

“It’s the Minnesota community in general,” Zucker said after receiving the honor. “They pull you in and they hold you tight and make sure you feel a part of the community in every way. That’s what Carly and I have felt from Day 1 with this campaign and with #GIVE16 in general.”

Along with the King Clancy trophy, Zucker received a $40,000 donation from the NHL for his charity. Fellow finalists Oliver Ekman-Larsson of the Arizona Coyotes and Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers each received $5,000 for charities of their choosing.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm After all the nights on the ice under the pressure of the NHL stage, it was an award-show stage that made Jason Zucker sweat.

The Wild forward received the NHL’s King Clancy Memorial Trophy on Wednesday, given to the player who best exemplifies “leadership qualities on and off the ice and who has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution to his community,” after a year that saw him raise more than $1 million for a local hospital in Minneapolis.

But the wait for the announcement tested his nerves.

“I was more nervous there than playing hockey my whole life, I think,” Zucker said.

He received the honor after a year that saw the completion of the Zucker Family Suite and Broadcast Studio at the University of Minnesota Masonic Children’s Hospital. Through the ongoing #GIVE16 campaign — named after his jersey number to encourage donations in denominations of 16 — he and wife Carly have raised nearly $1.5 million.

“It’s the Minnesota community in general,” Zucker said after receiving the honor. “They pull you in and they hold you tight and make sure you feel a part of the community in every way. That’s what Carly and I have felt from Day 1 with this campaign and with #GIVE16 in general.”

Along with the King Clancy trophy, Zucker received a $40,000 donation from the NHL for his charity. Fellow finalists Oliver Ekman-Larsson of the Arizona Coyotes and Henrik Lundqvist of the New York Rangers each received $5,000 for charities of their choosing.
Leadersip qualities on (and off the ice) :roll: :lol:

Not really known for his locker room presence to say the least.

Kudos and all for his charity. It is a cool one.

Other side note. Pretty weak nhl donation. 40k and 5k each to the runners up? They make that in less than half a day. Up the ante nhl, Im sure your accountants will find a tax write off anyhow.
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:08 pm Sure is a lot of hatred being spewed Zucker's way by some of you. I was disappointed in his season last year but the guy is still young, has world class speed, and is a proven goal scorer.....Want him traded? Be careful what you wish for.....
Endorsed by Gus means you trade him ASAP.

Gus, I still want that "regular 30-goal" scorer bet!!!!
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 pm Minnesota Wild forward Jason Zucker claimed the King Clancy Memorial Trophy on Wednesday, awarded to the player who "best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution in his community."
We gotta find the thread where "state of hockey" -rubes said how important it is to have Zucker for his "charity" work and how that needs to be played into the "overall" value of him.

Only in MN will this guy be "cherished" for this award. Other teams win Cups, division titles, league MVP, Norris, Hart, Selke, Vezina, etc.

It's like being the sh-t hockey team that went "all academic".

Eat it up "state of hockey".
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:32 pm
TRUST me. We know that.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:39 am

Remind me of the specifics of said bet....I might consider it!
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

HNL will like this :D
3D1552B1-55B1-445A-93CB-D868EE691DD8.png
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 pm HNL will like this :D

LOL. Too bad Jason isn't that feisty!!!!
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:16 pm

"Regular 30-goal scorer" speaks for itself.

I'll put whatever money you want on that. Obviously we'll need more than 1-season's worth stats. (even tho he's been in the league 8 seasons and has 1 30-goal campaign) but you pick the time span. I'm not going anywhere, we can settle in 2025 for all I care.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:14 am

I'll put whatever money you want on that. Obviously we'll need more than 1-season's worth stats. (even tho he's been in the league 8 seasons and has 1 30-goal campaign) but you pick the time span. I'm not going anywhere, we can settle in 2025 for all I care.
OK...how bout this. Zucker gets 30 in 2 of the next 4 years assuming he plays at least 70 games in each of the seasons? I'll be 61 in 4 years so if I win maybe you can treat me to a seniors meal at Denny's! If you win I'll post a public apology every day during the next hockey season?!!
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:04 pm

OK...how bout this. Zucker gets 30 in 2 of the next 4 years assuming he plays at least 70 games in each of the seasons? I'll be 61 in 4 years so if I win maybe you can treat me to a seniors meal at Denny's! If you win I'll post a public apology every day during the next hockey season?!!
Only one apology is necassary.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 pm

So you're good on the Denny's meal?!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:19 pm HNL will like this :D

She didn't answer the question..
Hole Nova Level

Russo just said on barrio that Leipold is hesitant to trade sucker after winning such a prestigious award and how valued he is in the community.

Fuck me on that right now.

The state of fucking hockey.
Hole Nova Level

Hornets wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:44 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:09 pm

So you're good on the Denny's meal?!
Yup!!!
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Russo chiming in on twitter that Zucker isn't being traded unless its a no-brainer. Could just be getting that fed from Fenton to make people believe they want to keep him? Russo usually seems to have things right though.

He also tweeted earlier that the USA u-18 coach said he's calling Zuck to tell him to put Boldy under his wing.
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:46 pm Russo just said on barrio that Leipold is hesitant to trade sucker after winning such a prestigious award and how valued he is in the community.

Fuck me on that right now.

The state of fucking hockey.
:gun: Owners need to stay out of the way. This is business, the seats will be filled no matter.

Perhaps it helps push up an offer.
Hole Nova Level

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm Russo chiming in on twitter that Zucker isn't being traded unless its a no-brainer. Could just be getting that fed from Fenton to make people believe they want to keep him? Russo usually seems to have things right though.

He also tweeted earlier that the USA u-18 coach said he's calling Zuck to tell him to put Boldy under his wing.
Please don't let Zucker anywhere NEAR our new pick!!!
bombers3shooter

Post by bombers3shooter »

bubu dubu. wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:57 pm Russo chiming in on twitter that Zucker isn't being traded unless its a no-brainer. Could just be getting that fed from Fenton to make people believe they want to keep him? Russo usually seems to have things right though.

Hopefully the new kid takes Zucker under his wing.