Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Da Beauty League

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Jimtown guy

Da Beauty League

Post by Jimtown guy »

My daughter is doing her internship in Monticello to complete her Masters in sports administration. She wants me to come down for a Wednesday to go watch 3 games. Any froobs been to this? Is it worth the 650 mile round trip for me to attend? I think you said you’ve been to it Gus. What ya think?
Hornets

Re: Da Beauty League

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 am My daughter is doing her internship in Monticello to complete her Masters in sports administration. She wants me to come down for a Wednesday to go watch 3 games. Any froobs been to this? Is it worth the 650 mile round trip for me to attend? I think you said you’ve been to it Gus. What ya think?
YES! Make the trip....if nothing else you can harken back to the 70's when a very young Gus Munger was skating around Braemar Arena, most notably during a few Ken Yackel summer hockey camps! It's just fun to be so close to the players and although they are probably only giving it about 50% effort, it's a virtual who's who of stars gathered! GO SEE IT!
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Just turn on a WNBA game and you'll get the same level of play that you do at Braemer for DBL. Just a bunch of no name, has been/never was hacks skating around.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:50 am
Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:00 am My daughter is doing her internship in Monticello to complete her Masters in sports administration. She wants me to come down for a Wednesday to go watch 3 games. Any froobs been to this? Is it worth the 650 mile round trip for me to attend? I think you said you’ve been to it Gus. What ya think?
YES! Make the trip....if nothing else you can harken back to the 70's when a very young Gus Munger was skating around Braemar Arena, most notably during a few Ken Yackel summer hockey camps! It's just fun to be so close to the players and although they are probably only giving it about 50% effort, it's a virtual who's who of stars gathered! GO SEE IT!
Thanks Gus. Hoping to get there at some point depending on work.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:57 am Just turn on a WNBA game and you'll get the same level of play that you do at Braemer for DBL. Just a bunch of no name, has been/never was hacks skating around.
So Zucker and Boeser and other notables are hacks? Got it ;)
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 pm
DC4MVP wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:57 am Just turn on a WNBA game and you'll get the same level of play that you do at Braemer for DBL. Just a bunch of no name, has been/never was hacks skating around.
2 out of 100 players.

K, bro.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:35 pm
2 out of 100 players.

K, bro.
Big Buff and Bjugstad are a couple others. I’d list more but there all right here bro
https://www.dabeautyleague.com/player-list
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:38 pm

2 out of 100 players.

K, bro.
Big Buff and Bjugstad are a couple others. I’d list more but there all right here bro
DC just got owned!! :lol:
DC4MVP

Post by DC4MVP »

Hornets wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm

2 out of 100 players.

K, bro.
lol I've been to the DBA every year since it started with my oldest nephew.

It's amazing.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

DC4MVP wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:55 pm
Hornets wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:53 pm

lol I've been to the DBA every year since it started with my oldest nephew.

It's amazing.
I figured you had to be bullshitting me ;)
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

All-Da Beauty Team

Brock Boeser is your MVP

Forwards -
Tyler Pitlick- Velocity
Mikey Eyssimont- Walser
Brock Nelson- BIC
D-
Alex Goligoski- Velocity
Justin Braun- Velocity
G- Alex Stalock- BIC
MVP- Brock Boeser- BIC
Coach of the Year- Duke Boeser
Hole Nova Level

Post by Hole Nova Level »

It's stupid to charge. Like Edina needs more money. You've already got the Ice cost covered with multiple big-name sponsors (Velocity, BIC, TRIA, Walser).

10 and under is free...great. How bout extend that to ALL USA Youth Hockey players?????? Bantam and under free (Lemme Guess Gus will justify somehow not letting USA Youth Hockey players watch this free). Getting so sick of the pedestal hockey folk put themselves on. Meanwhile you got KD, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony etc (NBA players)...playing at the Y or Lifetime- any joe, john or dick, and kid can go watch em', mingle and be close for ZERO dollars.

You wanna "grow the game"? Then you make these guys more accessible, move the rink locations around (EDINA isn't the only hockey rink in MN believe it or not (Gus)) and let ALL Registered USA Youth Hockey players in for free.

(Let me guess, Gus will justify why I'm wrong. And how EDINA should only be allowed to host these players on their ICE (it will be an anecdote that involves a young baby-Gus (16 years old) who sh-t in his breezers while tripping on the blue line skating backwards) and charge 12 year olds....)
Jaamz

Post by Jaamz »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:30 pm It's stupid to charge. Like Edina needs more money. You've already got the Ice cost covered with multiple big-name sponsors (Velocity, BIC, TRIA, Walser).

10 and under is free...great. How bout extend that to ALL USA Youth Hockey players?????? Bantam and under free (Lemme Guess Gus will justify somehow not letting USA Youth Hockey players watch this free). Getting so sick of the pedestal hockey folk put themselves on. Meanwhile you got KD, James Harden, Carmelo Anthony etc (NBA players)...playing at the Y or Lifetime- any joe, john or dick, and kid can go watch em', mingle and be close for ZERO dollars.

You wanna "grow the game"? Then you make these guys more accessible, move the rink locations around (EDINA isn't the only hockey rink in MN believe it or not (Gus)) and let ALL Registered USA Youth Hockey players in for free.

(Let me guess, Gus will justify why I'm wrong. And how EDINA should only be allowed to host these players on their ICE (it will be an anecdote that involves a young baby-Gus (16 years old) who sh-t in his breezers while tripping on the blue line skating backwards) and charge 12 year olds....)
:lol:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

So how much they charge for the games? I never made it over there this year again.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

I looked up prices. 10 bucks for 3 games. So $3.33 a game. Damn the travesty
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jaamz wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 4:48 am
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:30 pm It's stupid to charge. Like Edina needs more money. You've already got the Ice cost covered with multiple big-name sponsors (Velocity, BIC, TRIA, Walser).

:lol:
So much hatred! Such a liberal view! Umm, Edina is hosting this tremendous venture because an EDINAN came up with the idea and......wait for it.....thought having the games held in HIS hometown where MANY of the players live in or nearby would be a great idea!! Supid to charge? Well, once again your liberal colors come shining through as you want yet ANOTHA freebie! Bottom line is that Da Beauty league was a brilliant idea, the player's and fans LOVE IT, and your 'Negative Nancy' attitude isn't gonna stop it!! BOOYA!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Post by RubeTube »

It's this like chicks in thongs?
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Hole Nova Level

Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:27 pm I looked up prices. 10 bucks for 3 games. So $3.33 a game. Damn the travesty
Single- "night" tickets 10.00, you get to watch 3 games.

A single 10.00 ticket IS expensive for a Non-Rich suburb family. Dad brings his Pewee son and his bud and it's 30 bucks to get in the door. To "us" it's the old "well that aint nothing to watch some real pro's and some good hockey" but to a that family from Como who's kid has to use donated equipment it's something. Something that's- enough to keep them away.

Mr. Edina, I know I sound negative about this. I am negative about the Wild because they are actually sh-t and their players are sh-t.

This is a cool thing. (and I respect that you tripped over the blue line multiple times at Braemar rinks as a kid) with good intention, so spread the intention out.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:27 pm I looked up prices. 10 bucks for 3 games. So $3.33 a game. Damn the travesty

A single 10.00 ticket IS expensive for a Non-Rich suburb family. Dad brings his Pewee son and his bud and it's 30 bucks to get in the door. To "us" it's the old "well that aint nothing to watch some real pro's and some good hockey" but to a that family from Como who's kid has to use donated equipment it's something. Something that's- enough to keep them away.

Mr. Edina, I know I sound negative about this. I am negative about the Wild because they are actually sh-t and their players are sh-t.

This is a cool thing. (and I respect that you tripped over the blue line multiple times at Braemar rinks as a kid) with good intention, so spread the intention out.
Who the hell is mr Edina? Where do you come up with this shit? Never been to Braemer rink. But hey just keep coming on here puffing your chest out sounding like you are the end all to hockey. :roll:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:02 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:06 pm

Who the hell is mr Edina? Where do you come up with this shit? Never been to Braemer rink. But hey just keep coming on here puffing your chest out sounding like you are the end all to hockey. :roll:
Hole is dissin me on this one JimmyT! Guy can't afford a $10 ticket, maybe he should be out lookin for a better payin job......but no, he wants a freebie!!
Hole Nova Level

LOL yeah cuz that's what I said. Typical Edina guy, can't think of a sh-t st. paul suburb kid who's fam is struggling.....
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 pm LOL yeah cuz that's what I said. Typical Edina guy, can't think of a sh-t st. paul suburb kid who's fam is struggling.....
Economy is hummin so if a family is stugglin then maybe time for a job change that pays better and quit feelin sorry for themselves......Get off the couch, quit lookin for freebies, and TUCK IN THOSE PAJAMA'S!!!!
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:20 pm
Hole Nova Level wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:59 pm LOL yeah cuz that's what I said. Typical Edina guy, can't think of a sh-t st. paul suburb kid who's fam is struggling.....
Economy is hummin so if a family is stugglin then maybe time for a job change that pays better and quit feelin sorry for themselves......Get off the couch, quit lookin for freebies, and TUCK IN THOSE PAJAMA'S!!!!
Oh.....and by the way..."pee wee kid" gets in for free.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

jakazz30 wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:16 pm
[/quote

Now ya got Hole's attention....he's all about free stuff that otha people pay for! :D
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

Hornets wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 pm

[/quote

Now ya got Hole's attention....he's all about free stuff that otha people pay for! :D
The whole subject is stupid..
MN State High School league tickets are more expensive.
Hole Nova Level

Rilly "10 and under" isn't squirt age???????

Weird. :roll:
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

HoleNova SO angry all the time, wonder why he can't just enjoy the game of HAWKEY!?
Hole Nova Level

I love Hawkey. Just hate the way the Wild play it.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Hole Nova Level wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:37 pm I love Hawkey. Just hate the way the Wild play it.
Don't take the Wild's style so personally. Look for the good in the team. Look less at the blemishes. ENJOY the season!
Hole Nova Level

It's still real to me dammit!!!!