Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

2019 Stanley Cup playoff thread

A place to discuss the MN Wild
Jimtown guy

Re: 2019 Stanley Cup playoff thread

Post by Jimtown guy »

And we are down to 4. Wouldn’t mind seeing Thornton beat his former team the Bruins for the Cup. Hopefully both series go 7 games.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

it looks like it'd be a great story for 3 out of the 4 cities. the other only a meh. i guess i'd like to see the st louis fanbase be the happiest at the end of the run. they've been pretty faithful to the franchise and the nhl's decision to expand there in 1967 still holds. not so much with a couple of those other franchises-including you know who.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Sharks take down the Blues in game 1.....
***THE REAL HORNETS HAS THOUSANDS OF POSTS and joined RC October 4, 2017!***
:naners: :naners: :naners:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Couture is en fuego. 2 quick goals to tie this bitch up, first one being a shorty. I believe that gives him 13 for the playoffs
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Nino and Chaulie getting into it. Love it
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Free hockey in St Lou. This has been a fantastic game. Physical and at times race horse hockey, especially that second period.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Blues got hosed big time
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Post by Ron Burgundy 4 President »

Mike Yeo watching that OT........

Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 pm Blues got hosed big time
Sorta reminds me of that time a couple years ago where Roussel kicked one into the Wild net that some how was allowed to count, in the playoffs and it held up to be the game winner. Only difference it wasn't in OT.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

My god how is that not reviewable? Shouldn't every goal be? Especially an OT game winner.

Surprised that didn't happen to the wild.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Global armed conflict expert
Psychedelic expert

And I walk around like I got a 36 inch chain...

🇳🇪Z
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm My god how is that not reviewable? Shouldn't every goal be? Especially an OT game winner.

Just really hate seeing an illegal play like that decide a game, not to mention in the Western Conference finals. Like in football where every touchdown is reviewed I feel any overtime goal should be revised too 
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:14 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:08 pm Blues got hosed big time
Sorta reminds me of that time a couple years ago where Roussel kicked one into the Wild net that some how was allowed to count, in the playoffs and it held up to be the game winner. Only difference it wasn't in OT.
Remember it to well :punch:
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:27 pm
whiskerbiscuit wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:23 pm My god how is that not reviewable? Shouldn't every goal be? Especially an OT game winner.

Just really hate seeing an illegal play like that decide a game, not to mention in the Western Conference finals. Like in football where every touchdown is reviewed I feel any overtime goal should be revised too 
Pretty common sense. Should've been in place already.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Wild season ended one time (game 6 in round two I think?) on a freak bounce off a stanchon that fell right on the the blade of Patrick Kane who of course, made no mistake. A little different because the refs weren't involved, but just as much of a bad break.

As far as that not being reviewable, it's because the goal itself was "technically" legit as the pass Karlsson received was actually from the stick of another player. In other words, the hand pass technically didn't directly lead to the goal and you can't just review a hand pass earlier in a sequence like you can offsides. I agree that the rule needs to be changed, but according to the rules the goal should have indeed counted.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Once Nyquist touched the puck the play should of been blown dead. Hell they even gave Meier an assist on it
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 10:45 pm Once Nyquist touched the puck the play should of been blown dead. Hell they even gave Meier an assist on it
Correct. And once it wasn't there was no going back on it. The one good thing that can come from this for St. Louis is that they'll probably get a bunch of make up calls the next game if not the rest of the series.
whiskerbiscuit

Post by whiskerbiscuit »

I feel bad for those refs.
Froobchat's resident:
Modern dating expert
Meat expert
Psychedelic expert

🇳🇪Z
jakazz30

Post by jakazz30 »

whiskerbiscuit wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:58 am I feel bad for those refs.
Actually I'm tired of the media, players, front offices, fans, etc....whining about missed/ blown calls.

I'm kinda getting to the point that I just want instant replay/ reviews taken out of sports..

It was a missed call......sucks for the Blues..
I wonder how many calls over the course of the season were missed in their favor? 500 maybe?
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Difference in this series besides Rask. The powerplay. Bruins is red hot and the Canes is non existent 
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Jimtown guy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm Difference in this series besides Rask. The powerplay. Bruins is red hot and the Canes is non existent 
The difference was they didn't have Victor Rask. Would have been a stone cold lock with him.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Ron Burgundy 4 President wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 10:04 pm
Jimtown guy wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:30 pm Difference in this series besides Rask. The powerplay. Bruins is red hot and the Canes is non existent 
The difference was they didn't have Victor Rask. Would have been a stone cold lock with him.
Without a doubt :P
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

43C11B13-EBE0-40B7-8109-62AD6770544D.jpeg
Stu Pedaso

Post by Stu Pedaso »

When watching the Sharks pull their goalie tonight at the end of the game, and the crowd was going nuts as they had some pretty good pressure and chances. Is there any other sport that compares to that? Football, baseball, basketball? You can't put an extra guy on the field. Yes, you can have OT, but there's really nothing like the extra skater.

It makes for a lot of excitement at the very end of a game.
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

Stu Pedaso wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 9:58 pm When watching the Sharks pull their goalie tonight at the end of the game, and the crowd was going nuts as they had some pretty good pressure and chances. Is there any other sport that compares to that? Football, baseball, basketball? You can't put an extra guy on the field. Yes, you can have OT, but there's really nothing like the extra skater.

It makes for a lot of excitement at the very end of a game.
Man they had some good looks the last 2 minutes. It’s been a fun physical series so far. Whoever gets to the finals the Bruins will be facing the most physical team in these playoffs.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

I like the Sharks and the Blues, but there is something about a Bruins/Blues final that really gets me excited. Pretty sure we'd see this highlight a few times during the series!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

Hornets wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 11:18 am I like the Sharks and the Blues, but there is something about a Bruins/Blues final that really gets me excited. Pretty sure we'd see this highlight a few times during the series!

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum
"bobby orr from sanderson-and what could be better than that?" love it. all the helmetless players skating which like it or not was always a fun way to do it-and glen hall in the nets for the blues with not much of a mask.

bobby embellished the trip with that celebratory jump-dive but that's what makes it iconic and timeless. a four game sweep for the bruins. it took the north stars to be the first 67 team to beat an original six team in a playoff game when they lost to the canadians in six games a couple years later. just missed forcing a game seven that year too when their tying goal was scored a split second too late. :coolio:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

BB9CE9F8-B440-4C34-A32B-5E9F7F47A311.jpeg
Ron Burgundy 4 President

Another bonehead play by Burns leads to a Taresenko penalty shot goal and the Blues take a commanding 3-0 halfway through game five.
weimy froob

Post by weimy froob »

will st louis be able to impose it's will in game six and get to the nhl finals for only the second time i believe in franchise history? i'd say the sharks are going to have to dig deep to force a game seven after today's loss. but we shall see.
Hornets

Post by Hornets »

Gonna be Da Blues vs Da Bruins! 1970 here we come!!