Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

**Tough keeper question Unique Scoring**

Chat about your fantasy league here
Rusty Kuntz

**Tough keeper question Unique Scoring**

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I won last year, and if I win this year I win our empire pot, and i will win an extra $2,000, so please help. 12 team league, 1 keeper with no penalties. Dalvin Cook or Michael Thomas. Our scoring is a milestone league. 6 pts per td, and you need to get 100yds in either rushing or receiving to get 6pts, then it's 3 pts every 50yds after 100. So Thomas has been a beast getting over 100 on over half his games. Cook is like Marshall Faulk back in the day, 75 rush and 75 rec, which doesn't get me squat. Cook was killer though with all his tds. I'll be picking around 6-8, and my strategy this year has been to get a stud rb early because they dry up quickly. Thomas has been my keeper for the last 3 years or so.. ]What would you do, Cook or Thomas in this fucked up scoring league?
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: **Tough keeper question Unique Scoring**

Post by RubeTube »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:30 am I won last year, and if I win this year I win our empire pot, and i will win an extra $2,000, so please help. 12 team league, 1 keeper with no penalties. Dalvin Cook or Michael Thomas. Our scoring is a milestone league. 6 pts per td, and you need to get 100yds in either rushing or receiving to get 6pts, then it's 3 pts every 50yds after 100. So Thomas has been a beast getting over 100 on over half his games. Cook is like Marshall Faulk back in the day, 75 rush and 75 rec, which doesn't get me squat. Cook was killer though with all his tds. I'll be picking around 6-8, and my strategy this year has been to get a stud rb early because they dry up quickly. Thomas has been my keeper for the last 3 years or so.. ]What would you do, Cook or Thomas in this fucked up scoring league?
Thomas.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Angry Waters

Post by Angry Waters »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:44 am
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:30 am I won last year, and if I win this year I win our empire pot, and i will win an extra $2,000, so please help. 12 team league, 1 keeper with no penalties. Dalvin Cook or Michael Thomas. Our scoring is a milestone league. 6 pts per td, and you need to get 100yds in either rushing or receiving to get 6pts, then it's 3 pts every 50yds after 100. So Thomas has been a beast getting over 100 on over half his games. Cook is like Marshall Faulk back in the day, 75 rush and 75 rec, which doesn't get me squat. Cook was killer though with all his tds. I'll be picking around 6-8, and my strategy this year has been to get a stud rb early because they dry up quickly. Thomas has been my keeper for the last 3 years or so.. ]What would you do, Cook or Thomas in this fucked up scoring league?
Thomas.
Yup. Don't overthink it. Hell, if you're choice was CMC or Thomas, I might lean Thomas because of the injury risk to RBs. Heading into this season, Thomas has probably the highest fantasy floor of any player. And, if you're a Vikings fan, you can consider it your hedge. If Cook stays healthy and finishes with 2000 combined yards and 20 TDs (not unreasonable numbers) it will certainly reflect in the Vikes W/L record. And, worst case--barring injury, enjoy Thomas' 125/1300/8 TD stat line. Even more, I think the fact that Winston is the backup in NO cements this decision.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Thomas.
That's who I was leaning towards as well :beer:

Its tough though, WR is so deep this year and rbs really suck after the 2nd maybe a couple in the 3rd round..
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

Is it PPR?

I lean Cook, because top 10 RBs are gold in FF.
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Small Hands wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am Is it PPR?

No its not ppr.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:36 am
Small Hands wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:09 am Is it PPR?

No its not ppr.
It's a no brainer imo. I get the value on RBs but Thomas is the #1 WR. I think there is a pretty big drop off this year after Thomas and Adams. Just my opinion.

I also don't like Cook this year. I had him last year for his best season and he was absolutely sensational for the first half of the year and then couldn't stay on the field when it mattered for me.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

Thomas.
Thomas.
Spoiler:
:fight:
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Thanks guys. I'm leaning Thomas. I need those 100yd games. He has been my guy for years :beer: I also like the Jamis backup situation as mentioned. I had Jamis last year.. we also have a late round keeper, the last 4 rounds, that if you keep him on your roster the whole year you can keep him the next season at the round you picked him. I have RoJo in the 12th :beer:
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 pm Thanks guys. I'm leaning Thomas. I need those 100yd games. He has been my guy for years :beer: I also like the Jamis backup situation as mentioned. I had Jamis last year.. we also have a late round keeper, the last 4 rounds, that if you keep him on your roster the whole year you can keep him the next season at the round you picked him. I have RoJo in the 12th :beer:
Would definitely be keeping Jones there.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Sergeant Rubetube wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:36 pm
Rusty Kuntz wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:59 pm Thanks guys. I'm leaning Thomas. I need those 100yd games. He has been my guy for years :beer: I also like the Jamis backup situation as mentioned. I had Jamis last year.. we also have a late round keeper, the last 4 rounds, that if you keep him on your roster the whole year you can keep him the next season at the round you picked him. I have RoJo in the 12th :beer:
Would definitely be keeping Jones there.
Yeah that wasn't really in question, I have high hopes for Jones, that's why I held onto him all year :beer: