Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Empire Leagues were invented so companies like League Safe can hold your money indefinitely

Chat about your fantasy league here
Falen's Boyfriend

Empire Leagues were invented so companies like League Safe can hold your money indefinitely

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

League Safe typically holds cash for the length of a football season. Then they pay it out.

I suspect somebody at that company asked "how can we come up with a way where we almost never have to give the money back?"

And the Empire League was born.

Interestingly, Charch and crew have added a new caveat this year. If you listen to KFAN, you've heard it many times. Last year's winner in an Empire League should not be allowed to make trades. They say that this measure will guard against collusion.

But what it really does is ensure that there is almost no chance of a repeat winner. Which, not coincidentally, ensures that nobody ever withdraws their money from League Safe.

Am I right or am I right?
Rusty Kuntz

Re: Empire Leagues were invented so companies like League Safe can hold your money indefinitely

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

Your right, and I can't stand Charch. His smugness in the 5 tough questions make me want to punch the radio. I haven't listened to that douche in years..
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Re: Empire Leagues were invented so companies like League Safe can hold your money indefinitely

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

If they had an arbitrary and asinine rule where the winner couldn’t trade players I simply wouldn’t play and advise people against playing in those leagues.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Yeah, I wouldn’t play in a league like that.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

How often does someone win 2 times in a row. Yes, it can happen but not very often. My experience tells me it happens once every ten years?
Falen's Boyfriend

Post by Falen's Boyfriend »

Falen's Boyfriend wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:54 pm League Safe typically holds cash for the length of a football season. Then they pay it out.

I suspect somebody at that company asked "how can we come up with a way where we almost never have to give the money back?"

And the Empire League was born.

Interestingly, Charch and crew have added a new caveat this year. If you listen to KFAN, you've heard it many times. Last year's winner in an Empire League should not be allowed to make trades. They say that this measure will guard against collusion.

But what it really does is ensure that there is almost no chance of a repeat winner. Which, not coincidentally, ensures that nobody ever withdraws their money from League Safe.

Am I right or am I right?
Yes, you're right.
focker

Post by focker »

Dynasty leagues are really fun IMO, but the idea of an empire league just seems stupid...

IMO a Dynasty league is the best way to play FF if you have a long term group of people in your league.

Ours has a rule where we only keep 5 players, but one of them has to be coming off his rookie or 2nd year in the league, which creates some churn and keeps the teams more even.
Top 4 Froob 2021!!!