Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Help pick a keeper

Chat about your fantasy league here
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Help pick a keeper

Post by minnemike »

We get to pick one each year from the previous year draft to add to our roster.

Keepers on the roster:
Luck
Hilton
Michael Thomas
Theilen

I can pick one from these to add this year:
Mahomes
Kittle
Aaron Jones

They all have risks with either new players around them or in Jones case, a team that always passes.

Fantasy experts are saying Kittle. And I'm leaning that way since I have Luck. I suppose I could trade luck or mahomes later on too but would I get Kittle type value back? He projects to be the #1 TE. Mahomes #1 QB, but Luck not far behind as #2

What say you, Froobs!
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: Help pick a keeper

Post by RubeTube »

minnemike wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:11 pm We get to pick one each year from the previous year draft to add to our roster.

Keepers on the roster:
Luck
Hilton
Michael Thomas
Theilen

Mahomes
Kittle
Aaron Jones

They all have risks with either new players around them or in Jones case, a team that always passes.

Fantasy experts are saying Kittle. And I'm leaning that way since I have Luck. I suppose I could trade luck or mahomes later on too but would I get Kittle type value back? He projects to be the #1 TE. Mahomes #1 QB, but Luck not far behind as #2

What say you, Froobs!
Imo it's a no brainer and its Mahomes. He's a fantasy stud. Sure you have Luck but Mahomes value is WAY over Kittles.

Kittles came out of nowhere and TEs seem to be so hit or miss. Aaron Jones is a no.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Small Hands

Post by Small Hands »

minnemike wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:11 pm We get to pick one each year from the previous year draft to add to our roster.

Keepers on the roster:
Luck
Hilton
Michael Thomas
Theilen

Mahomes
Kittle
Aaron Jones

What say you, Froobs!
Mahomes. It ain't close
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

Kittle elite TE. I am assuming Mahomes will throw 35-40 TD which is good but I am sure you can find another QB that can come close to that. I think only Brees has thrown 40 TD 2 years in a row.

1984 Marino 48 TD
1985 Marino 30 TD

1999 Warner 41 TD
2000 Warner 21 TD

2004 P Manning 49 TD
2005 P Manning 28 TD

2007 T Brady 50 TD
2008 T Brady 0 (knee)
2009 T Brady 28 TD

2011 A Rodgers 45 TD
2012 A Rodgers 39 TD

2011 Brees 46 TD
2012 Brees 43 TD
2013 Brees 39 TD

2013 P Manning 55 TD
2014 P Manning 39 TD
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

How many teams are there?
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

I would have to go Mahomes too
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
Self High-Five

Post by Self High-Five »

Keep Mahomes and move Luck
"Lisa, if the Bible has taught us nothing else, and it hasn't, it's that girls should stick to girls sports, such as hot oil wrestling and foxy boxing and such and such." - Homer Simpson
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

Kittle. Mahomes is fantastic but his pass TD rate will certainly regress and Luck is my 2nd ranked QB behind Mahomes. So keep Luck and get the 2nd ranked TE. That’s my two cents.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Obi-Wan wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:47 am How many teams are there?
mglviks

Post by mglviks »

Gotta go Kittle.

Would be nice to have mahomes forever but position rarity of TE is just so slim.

Could really deep dive to mock out the draft and cuts from other teams to figure out where Kittle might go. Depending on your selection. But with keepers Kittle is probably a top 5 guy.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Anyone's mind change now that Luck looks a little gimpy to start?
KevinBaconIsNotMyHero

Post by KevinBaconIsNotMyHero »

minnemike wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 pm Anyone's mind change now that Luck looks a little gimpy to start?
I think I’d still go Kittle but it makes it closer. QB is such a replaceable position. I’d have no problem having the 15th ranked QB in fantasy as my starter.
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

minnemike wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 pm Anyone's mind change now that Luck looks a little gimpy to start?
I don't trust Kittle having a big year again at all. That's just my opinion. If you think he can repeat, you take him.

I would be keeping Mahomes though and not thinking twice.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
RubeTube

Post by RubeTube »

Said it before. Keep mahomes. Luck is supposedly done.
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

Dodged a bullet hopefully with Luck.

I also need help deciding on a keeper this year...

Sony Michel will cost me my 7th rounder if I keep him

Or

Mike Williams will cost me a 10th rounder if I keep him.

What do you guys think? I am leaning towards Michel but it seems like Williams is going to break out this year.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

One of my philosophies is that even though quarterbacks have lower value than top level other positions, there is a value in a quarterback denial approach. Lets say Luck doesn't retire and assume you cannot trade Luck for a player at a different position. Keeping Luck and Mahomes is still a good strategy because that means that some other team doesnt get to draft either one of them.

I don't really like keeper leagues in fantasy football, but in my normal draft I usually take the maximum number of quarterbacks you can have on the roster, I usually use mid round picks back to back to take my 2nd and 3rd quarterbacks, and I often have 3 quarterbacks on my roster before some teams even have one. It places a lot of pressure on your drafting abilities at teh other positions, but that usually works out.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 am One of my philosophies is that even though quarterbacks have lower value than top level other positions, there is a value in a quarterback denial approach. Lets say Luck doesn't retire and assume you cannot trade Luck for a player at a different position. Keeping Luck and Mahomes is still a good strategy because that means that some other team doesnt get to draft either one of them.

I don't really like keeper leagues in fantasy football, but in my normal draft I usually take the maximum number of quarterbacks you can have on the roster, I usually use mid round picks back to back to take my 2nd and 3rd quarterbacks, and I often have 3 quarterbacks on my roster before some teams even have one. It places a lot of pressure on your drafting abilities at teh other positions, but that usually works out.
Hey mlhouse, what would you do with my situation above?
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Car Ramrod wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:17 pm
mlhouse wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:09 am One of my philosophies is that even though quarterbacks have lower value than top level other positions, there is a value in a quarterback denial approach. Lets say Luck doesn't retire and assume you cannot trade Luck for a player at a different position. Keeping Luck and Mahomes is still a good strategy because that means that some other team doesnt get to draft either one of them.

If Luck wasnt retiring I would either trade him or keep him along with Mahomes.
Car Ramrod

Post by Car Ramrod »

mlhouse wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Oh I meant the keeper dilemma I have. Michel for a 7th rounder or Mike Williams for a 10th.
mlhouse

Post by mlhouse »

Car Ramrod wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:55 pm
mlhouse wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 4:50 pm

Oh I meant the keeper dilemma I have. Michel for a 7th rounder or Mike Williams for a 10th.
Michel for sure.
minnemike

Post by minnemike »

Some weird rules in our league. Anyways, I was able to keep Kittle and ALSO swap out Luck for Mahomes. Im pretty stoked.

Now just have to worry about Hilton's value tanking.