Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Individual Defensive Players

Chat about your fantasy league here
Tommy_Hawk

Individual Defensive Players

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

My friend invited me to join his longtime league. In this league, you draft individual defensive players. I'm well versed in the NFL, as far as players and which team they are on. However, the team I inherited has last years roster on it (its a two-man keeper, and everyone else gets redrafted. Essentially everyine keeps their two best QB's) and theres a few dedensive guys im not familiar with.

My question is, should I refer to PFF when selecting these guys on defense? I feel like a well-prepared overview of Defensive guys could make all the difference for a successful team.
Thoughts or tips?
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.
EnLiteEndOne

Re: Individual Defensive Players

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

Fantasy Pros does a decent IDP rankings

Very few are worth keeping (depending on your league rules) and they are the 3-down LB's for the most part. You really need to know your IDP scoring regarding tackles & sacks. Safeties are generally much more valuable than CB's due to tackles. Also, great CB's (Rhodes) don't get thrown to often.
Look for 3-down LB's on teams with mediocre defenses and bad offenses. They will be on the field a lot and not have their potential scoring reduced by other talent on the defense.
Try for 4-3 sack guys (like everyone else) for a DL spot. DT's don't garner many pts and their responsibility vary from scheme to scheme & even down to down.
Lampin'
Tommy_Hawk

Re: Individual Defensive Players

Post by Tommy_Hawk »

EnLiteEndOne wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:15 pm Fantasy Pros does a decent IDP rankings

Very few are worth keeping (depending on your league rules) and they are the 3-down LB's for the most part. You really need to know your IDP scoring regarding tackles & sacks. Safeties are generally much more valuable than CB's due to tackles. Also, great CB's (Rhodes) don't get thrown to often.
Look for 3-down LB's on teams with mediocre defenses and bad offenses. They will be on the field a lot and not have their potential scoring reduced by other talent on the defense.
Try for 4-3 sack guys (like everyone else) for a DL spot. DT's don't garner many pts and their responsibility vary from scheme to scheme & even down to down.
Yeah, thanks for the Fantasy Pros protip. We draft a IDP for every position. I didn't think aboit what guys are in what defensive schemes even though it seems fairly obvious now, after you stated the fact.

Damn, feels like my firsy fantasy football draft all over again.
Trees Make Great Neighbors

Sir Cort Godfrey of the Nessie Alliance summoned the help of Scotland's local wizards to cast a protective spell over the lake for the peaceful existence of our underwater ally.