Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Do you have a go-to FF draft site?

Chat about your fantasy league here
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Do you have a go-to FF draft site?

Post by Ask Not »

Half my league walks into the draft with a Charch cheat sheet. Have you settled on another expert's rankings?
Ketchup can be nuancy
Ash Ketchum

Re: Do you have a go-to FF draft site?

Post by Ash Ketchum »

That a plus for you if you know a good number of your leaguemates are using the same cheat sheet.

Study the sheet and identify a bunch of guys you like that Charch ranks lower. You can probably wait on those guys. Conversely, if theres guys you like that Charch ranks highly, you know those guys are gonna go earlier in your draft.

I don't spend a lot of time with any particular publication's "cheat sheet." All of them are essentially the same, and I never draft 100% according to those anyway. Use them as a guideline, but take who YOU want.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

I agree with Ash. I buy a magazine every year (yes I know they're outdated, and it's all available online, but like a newspaper, I like to be able to thumb thru it), but I don't remember the last time I bought the same one two years in a row. I only use it to read up on players that I already have some thoughts about. Typically, I'll try to go in to whichever website we use for our league (ESPN and CBS), and read about them, in conjunction with our scoring system.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

cmd24 wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:18 pm I agree with Ash. I buy a magazine every year (yes I know they're outdated, and it's all available online, but like a newspaper, I like to be able to thumb thru it), but I don't remember the last time I bought the same one two years in a row. I only use it to read up on players that I already have some thoughts about. Typically, I'll try to go in to whichever website we use for our league (ESPN and CBS), and read about them, in conjunction with our scoring system.
When I was in high school, I'd love getting the magazine Fanball put out each year.

Overall though, all of the "rankings" you will find online are essentially the same, with personal opinions sort of elevating or dropping certain players a few spots here and there.

My advice is to read up all you can to just sort of generally familiarize yourself with how players are being ranked, and then just make informed decisions on your own when it's your turn to pick.
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I've gotten a magazine almost every year until this year. It was a guilty pleasure to read all the profiles. I don't give 2 shits about fantasy a month into the season, but I still like to geek out going into the draft. I'm thinking about doing an average ranking of 6-8 sites.
Ketchup can be nuancy
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

I started using cheatsheetwarroom.com a few years ago- it gives you a preliminary ranking for each position but it lets you slide guys around and prints out in a nice layout.

The interface is a little clunky but its worked well for me.
twgerber

Post by twgerber »

I just pick a random one each year then adjust. I go thru and highlight guys I like more than where they are ranked.
GM Spielman:
  • Record 62-48-2 (.559 winning %)
  • Playoffs 1-3
  • 7 years - reached playoffs 3 times.
  • Winner of the North 2 of last 4 years
Zimmer is 48-33-1
feekdogg

Post by feekdogg »

I think Jamey Eisenberg from CBS is the best FF writer/analyst.
EnLiteEndOne

Post by EnLiteEndOne »

If you're not using Beer Sheets you're doing it wrong.

It offers a TON of info (almost too much) but is far and away the superior draft sheet.
Lampin'
Rusty Kuntz

Post by Rusty Kuntz »

I use the draft punk app. You can change the scoring to fit your league and it will rank based upon your scoring settings.. If you buy the pro version for $1.99 you get unlimited mock drafts that you can do with your personalized scoring system. You can click on players and get the most up to date info on them, much better then paper.. :beer:
Deplorable Truth

Post by Deplorable Truth »

I like fantasypros.com
Night Train
***Official Gibby Award Winner - October 2018***

Post by Night Train »

I get 3 magazines a year like a week or two before my first draft and page through them. And I listen to a lot of fantasy podcasts leading up to the drafts too. The only site I really ever use is some rankings on ESPN or Yahoo where both my leagues are on and Fantasy Football Calculator which has tons of mock drafts and you can join in mock drafts too.

https://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/m ... ft/results
I apologize in advance if what I just said offended or upset you.

The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Minnesota - Mired in Mediocrity
SKOLTROL

Post by SKOLTROL »

feekdogg wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:28 am I think Jamey Eisenberg from CBS is the best FF writer/analyst.
Yes. You are correct.
Spoiler:
:fight:
minnemike
KFAN Rube Chat Hall of Fame Member

Post by minnemike »

I get the free fantasypros account each year by spending $10 to gamble at fanball or whoever is their partner each season. Smokin deal.