Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

Keeper Advice

Chat about your fantasy league here
DuffMan

Keeper Advice

Post by DuffMan »

This forum doesn't look too active so hopefully this gets some play-

10 team non-PPR. You can keep up to two players from last year giving up the round they were drafted in +1.

I'm choosing from Deshaun Watson, Jerrick McKinnon, and Zack Ertz. Both Watson and McKinnon were non drafted pickups so I could keep both of them for my 15th and 16th round picks. Ertz was drafted in the 12th so I could keep him for my 11th round pick. I'm leaning towards Watson and McKinnon but with the depth at quarterback and McKinnon's recent injury scare along with the lack of depth at TE, I'm considering keeping Ertz instead.

Would you keep Watson and McKinnon, or would you keep Ertz for one of the two instead?
Small Hands

Re: Keeper Advice

Post by Small Hands »

It depends on your scoring system. Do QB's get deducted for INT's and fumbles? How many points do QB's get for passing TD's? If its not a QB heavy league, I'd keep Ertz. Stud TE's are few and far between, and you most certainly won't get him back in the 12th round.
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

It's pretty standard scoring- 4 pts for a passing TD, -1 for fumbles lost and INTs.

ADP for the three is pretty similar - generally rounds 3 & 4. It's a small sample size but for 4-5 weeks before he got hurt Watson was an absolute beast, and by all reports he's 100% healthy. McKinnon worries me a bit with how well he can handle a full work load, but there's potential there too and potentially getting an RB2/flex option for a 15th round pick is intriguing.
cmd24
***Official 2019 Froob Bracket Winner***

Post by cmd24 »

Watson would be a no-brainer. As for the other one, I'd maybe lean Ertz. If you're giving up a late pick, I'm not sure you can go wrong either way. If you go Ertz, you have your starting TE. If you go McKinnon, you still can get two starters, and wouldn't even need to play him that much.

You're in a pretty good spot, if you ask me.
*** Official 2019 Disputed Brackets Champ ***
Ask Not
***Official 2018 Froob Bracket Winner and MNRC HOF Member***

Post by Ask Not »

I don't think you can get it wrong, but I think McKinnon ends up a flex. I think the other two could be elite at their position, though Ertz more than Watson.
Ketchup can be nuancy
Ash Ketchum

Post by Ash Ketchum »

Watson and McKinnon for 15th and 16th round picks are no brainers.

You could probably draft someone like Ertz or at least close to in ability with the pick you'd normally be taking a top QB with in the middle rounds.
DuffMan

Post by DuffMan »

Thanks- I appreciate the feedback. I have until Monday to decide so I'll probably flip flop a few times before then.