Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

If you were a veteran heavy, disciplined team like the Patriots...

NFL Chat
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: If you were a veteran heavy, disciplined team like the Patriots...

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:31 pm Would you give Manziel a shot as a backup? Just watched him for the second time on Total Access. He did a short presser after a proday throwing, and sounded fairly humbled. Supposedly he's taking meds for bipolar disorder, and honestly sounded much more mature and humble.

I actually think it would be worth a shot if I were the Pats and maybe a couple other teams. Pittsburgh, maybe even Green Bay... The Patriots just make sense to me though. I know they have Hoyer, but say you get him to sign an incentive laiden cheap deal for 3 years. You ensure you have him on the cheap for a few years. You give your veteran QB time to continue on as the starter while preparing for a graceful exit. You add a young talent to your QB pool, and have time to groom him in mentally and to your system. You have structure, the coach, the QB, the team, them managemnt. You send the statement to him that he either falls in line or he will not be part of the team. It's straight forward and simple. Honestly, if I were them, or a team like them, I'd bring him in to have a conversation. It just seems like that sort of thing that they do.... Part with Jimmy G, bring in a kid everyone gave up on, and then somehow make it work, like they never even made the Jimmy G move. All of the sudden the replacement for Brady is on the roster and didn't cost a thing...
Ughh maybe NE. Tommy B was a big baby and forced Jimmy G out though so I don't know how he would feel about that.

I'm just not on his emergence back to the NFL because I never thought he was good. I watched a lot of him in college. He basically ran around and chucked it to Mike Evans all the time. Won't translate in the NFL.
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master