Note to guests/lurkers of this site. To continue reading content on some of our boards you will need to create an account.

Registration is free and easy, just remember your password and check back after your account has been approved by an administrator.

Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page if you have any issues.

The Browns

NFL Chat
RubeTube
***Official Gibby Award Winner - November 2018***

Re: The Browns

Post by RubeTube »

Abe Froman wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:56 am What would you do if you were them with #1 and #4? Personally, I think I don't fuck around, and take Barkley #1 overall. At 4 they still can get a top 3 QB in this draft at 4. I'm reading a lot of stuff that makes sense though. They go QB at #1 and OT at #4. I think they actually could be good enough to make the playoffs next year if they play this just right. My thinking is you take the Best Player in the Draft with Barkley at #1, and the Best QB Available at #4. They have Taylor, who is mobile, and the QB they select at 4 might not be quite ready to start this season. Let him sit a year, rely on Taylor while you groom him in, and pick up a Tackle later in the draft. What would you do?
Yep. Barkley for sure at #1. Going to be a complete, no miss stud. On pick #4, I would try to trade back a couple spots to a QB hungry team then try to get Lamar Jackson late in rd#1 or early rd #2 and put him behind Taylor.

Out of the top 3 QBs, I like Allen the best but I don't even know how good he will be.

Trade
“We are nonviolent with people who are nonviolent with us.”
— Malcolm X

The Puppet Master
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

With the Jets moving to #3, I think picks 2 and 3 are going to be QBs. Browns should get their choice of QB at 1 and then roll with Barkley at 4.
bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Does anyone have any confidence that they will actually make the right picks? You just know that whatever QB they take, history will show they should have taken one of the other guys, and if Barkley falls to them, there will be some defensive stud that went a pick or two or three later, and an RB that was taken in round 4 who ends up being just as productive as Barkley.
beetlebum71

Post by beetlebum71 »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:59 pm Does anyone have any confidence that they will actually make the right picks? You just know that whatever QB they take, history will show they should have taken one of the other guys, and if Barkley falls to them, there will be some defensive stud that went a pick or two or three later, and an RB that was taken in round 4 who ends up being just as productive as Barkley.
It becomes a chicken or the egg thing after a while. Were all those QB's busts because they were not good and the Browns took the wrong player, or were they busts because they went to a Browns team with no direction and no infrastructure? Were they bad on their own, or did the Browns make them bad?

There is no consensus stud at the top of this QB class. Whoever takes that first one is going to have to make a hard decision and trust their talent evaluations. Whether it's the Browns, Giants, or Jets who take the first QB, they're not going to really know what they have on draft night. That's always frightening.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

bubu dubu.

Post by bubu dubu. »

Slap Shot wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:45 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimtown guy

Post by Jimtown guy »

bubu dubu. wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:53 pm